Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My faith in Hollywood and the entertainment industry is not very deep. Leaving God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit aside for the moment (as Hollywood tends to do), the basic facts about angels and demons are not correctly presented. And this, after two thousand years of Christian teaching, ought to have enabled entertainers to get it right. But they fail, constantly.

The “problem” that most tries my patience at the moment is: demons. The ones I have seen in popular entertainment are over-dressed. They are rude and snarling, totally evil in fact; trying to frighten children and the older innocents.

Such demons can never be very successful in this world, or at least they weren’t successful until recently, because they can only seriously scare the mentally disturbed or neurotic.

They are, frankly, quite vulgar, and as much in need of catechetical training as the human population. They may not remember that, for instance, they are descended from angels: a distinguished personal history.

God, after all, does not create demons (as such); or at least He does not do so in the Christian religion. For the angels have or had the mysterious freedom to fall, and so they did at some undetermined point in the pre-historical past. Yet the demons today act as if they were born that way, and as if their attachment to the Father of Lies were something automatic and, as it were, built into nature.

Continued below.