Have you ever insulted or offended anyone? Is there anyone who does not like you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let's see --- the High Priest, King Herod, Pontius Pilate and perhaps a few dozen more in each of their inner circles. Say, about one hundred, perhaps two hundred, not much more.
But that was enough.

• Agree
Reactions: Ajax 777
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If so, then perhaps you don't have the right "temperament" to run for president.

This is the ridiculous and hypocritical argument that the Democratic party has been using against Donald Trump.
Where has the Democrat Party said this?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,122,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't you think it's petty, dishonest, and hypocritical the way the Democratic party points to some people who don't like Trump and then jumps to the conclusion from that that he doesn't have the right "temperament"?
Considering that there are prominent Republicans that feel the same way, no.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If you're a schoolteacher, and you call one of your students "dopey" or "a fool," even once, you can expect an angry parent to tell the principal that you don't have the temperament to be in the classroom.

If you're a sales clerk, and you go off on a customer even once, calling them "sad," "goofy," or "a lowlife," expect them to call your manager and get you fired.

According to the OP, however, we should either hold a presidential candidate to a far lower standard, or hold nobody to any standards at all, because that would be hypocritical... nobody's perfect, after all.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟217,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't you think it's petty, dishonest, and hypocritical the way the Democratic party points to some people who don't like Trump and then jumps to the conclusion from that that he doesn't have the right "temperament"?
[Staff edit]

It isn't because he has "ever" insulted someone but the constant barrage of nasty insults and midnight tweets directed at any and everyone every time he feels slighted.

It would only be hypocritical if I shamelessly, constantly insulted people yet thought I were suited to be president - neither which is true.

Assessing a candidate's temperament for a stressful job which requires diplomacy and negotiation is not petty. I'm surprised you would think it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟563,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I see Donald Trump as someone who isn't perfect. And that's what the Democratic party keeps hitting him with, but there's no such thing as a perfect politician.
You're right... There's no such thing as a perfect politician. But there is a such thing as a really bad one. Trump seems to fit right into that category.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟563,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The establishment is against Trump because he is anti-establishment.
They're against Trump because he [staff edit] makes himself, his supporters and by association, the rest of the country look bad. Like, really bad. Like, the rest of the world is losing hope in the US, kind of bad.

If anyone here has expressed in the past any concern over Obama ruining our standing in the world, they have no place supporting the international embarrassment that is Donald Trump.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟563,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Nice fear tactic, vote Hillary or Trump will have you killed.
The point was that if Trump is so thin-skinned to quickly join a stupid Twitter war, how much diplomacy can we really expect from him when he has the ability to join actual, killing wars?... you know, with bombs instead of tweets.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
temperament is about a person's nature, not about whether someone hates you. Trump's temperament is angry, snide, petty, greddy and childish. this is why people question if he has the temperament worthy of being president.
Trump's "temperament" is fine. Vague accusations that can't be refuted because they are based upon individual opinions, such as Trump is ill fit because of his temperament is a not valid discussion. That's what you say when you have nothing. Trump entering this has been a highlight to American politics this go around. [Staff edit]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟563,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Not only is Donald J. Trump extremely smart (intelligent), he commands respect with his natural alpha maleness.

I get that you are totally enamored by Trump's essential Trumpiness [staff edit].

You have my sympathy.

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
Not only is Donald J. Trump extremely smart (intelligent), he commands respect with his natural alpha maleness.

IF...God forbid...I was married to him...I'd be taking his "alpha maleness" and throwing it out the door. He's NOT an "alpha male"...he's, at best, a beta-minus male who wants to be an alpha male but knows he can't.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Nice fear tactic, vote Hillary or Trump will have you killed.

Too bad I didn't say that... perhaps you'd like to ask before you incorrectly assume next time?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,453,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump's "temperament" is fine. Vague accusations that can't be refuted because they are based upon individual opinions, such as Trump is ill fit because of his temperament is a not valid discussion. That's what you say when you have nothing. Trump entering this has been a highlight to American politics this go around. Just imagine how disgusting it would all be if it was the Guac Bowl Merchant running against the Pass Out Game Winner.

We all saw how easily Hillary Clinton baited the "alpha-male" during the debate. Her comments bothered him so much he was up tweeting at 3 AM....

Donald is the very embodiment of a man who talks big to cover up his own insecurity.

• Agree
Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I get that you are totally enamored by Trump's essential Trumpiness [staff edit].

You have my sympathy.

Actually, I'm surprised how many people can't see his softer side more than they do. He demonstrates the greater manly traits constantly, yet has such a great compassionate concern for all people to only help lift them up.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.