Bourgogne franche comté
✟20,383.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I did more research on the unforgivable sin and I concluded that I have committed the unforgivable sin. Complete indifference and no fear. That's why my life has been a complete hell for the past 20 months. My prayers and repentance are all in vain.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas with me. Goodbye and farewell y'all.
HI Galnaros I am a french guy and I am in the exact same situation.. I have sin unto death, i reject god after knowing him. My heart is hard my spirit gone. I feel dead. I have no worries no joy no love no big fear. I am empty. Please contact me I need to talk

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
HI Galnaros I am a french guy and I am in the exact same situation.. I have sin unto death, i reject god after knowing him. My heart is hard my spirit gone. I feel dead. I have no worries no joy no love no big fear. I am empty. Please contact me I need to talk
Julien ,
I doubt that Galnaros will reply as he has not been here for months .
Although you are feeling that you have sinned unto death, it is more likely a temporary situation with you ,as you have probably have been feeling like this for most of the last year ,but it will pass .I hope you have read some of the very helpful posts on this thread , as well as elsewhere .
God 'evolves us ', taking us through a programme which teaches us many lessons ,just like in a school .In Genesis it tells us the stars and planets guide the seasons ,the seasons in our lives .
Right now, most of the planets in place when you were born are being depressed by Saturn , so you are going through a deep dark winter ,but it is temporary .
While being in this tunnel try not to react too strongly through fear ,remembering that it will not last more than a few months .
Do not do yourself ,or anyone any harm ,and try to hold onto God's promise while in the 'dark place '.
May God bless you, and send His light into comofort you .

Upvote 0

Julien

May 13, 2018
Bourgogne franche comté
✟20,383.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Julien ,
I doubt that Galnaros will reply as he has not been here for months .
Although you are feeling that you have sinned unto death, it is more likely a temporary situation with you ,as you have probably have been feeling like this for most of the last year ,but it will pass .I hope you have read some of the very helpful posts on this thread , as well as elsewhere .
God 'evolves us ', taking us through a programme which teaches us many lessons ,just like in a school .In Genesis it tells us the stars and planets guide the seasons ,the seasons in our lives .
Right now, most of the planets in place when you were born are being depressed by Saturn , so you are going through a deep dark winter ,but it is temporary .
While being in this tunnel try not to react too strongly through fear ,remembering that it will not last more than a few months .
Do not do yourself ,or anyone any harm ,and try to hold onto God's promise while in the 'dark place '.
May God bless you, and send His light into comofort you .
Galnaros was logged on 20 of May so maybe there is hope. Thanks for your reply, I am desesperate because my heart is dead since about 2 years...

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Galnaros was logged on 20 of May so maybe there is hope. Thanks for your reply, I am desesperate because my heart is dead since about 2 years...

Do you attend church and participate in the worship? The music?

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm from the US. 20 year old male here. Been feeling for also about 2 years since I was 18. I can't say forsure any of us are damned and without hope but I do have an idea now of w hats going on. And plainly stated only few are chosen for heaven, many are called but few are chosen. There is a reason why the road to heaven is called the narrow one and it's not meant for everybody. God only shows his mercy and patience to those whom he truly loves. He does not love everybody as shown from the passages shown in revelation about the seven churches and how the people were "shown" how much God loved "his" people. I have felt empty and not caring now too. I have no emotion, my own mother is in this aswell. She has been dealing with this now for 7 years. She was the most God fearing holy woman I have ever met, her fall is when the enemy told her she had commited it (a demon or devil) kept making her think she did, and out of despair she cried out to God and God left her with silence. I'm angry everyday at God for throwing away such a godly woman who deeply loved him. My fall was sexual sin. Inlet the church when I was only 13 and never came back. Apparently I had just barely enough knowledge to be considered responsible for this "sin" of apostasy but my heart wasn't hardened until shortly after I graduated highschool, still just a young dumb teenager that thought I could "just be a Christian" later in life after I had my fun. I read about how "merciful" and "loving" and "patient" God is and I read story's of backslidders who have strayed farther and linger than me and I question why I couldn't be restored but they could and it dawned on me that sadly, yes God does have favorites. He may call many to his kingdom but he didn't CHOOSE all that he calls. I am constantly angry at God now for killing my soul off so early in life. Barely an adult. No real life experience and the only knowledge I had of the bible was my 2 short years of being a Christian as a child. I was going to kill myself a few days ago but couldn't muster the courage to do so. I will never be able to love a woman because I'm not capable of love. I'll never be able to just go outside and enjoy the fresh air and sunlight because I am without peace. I'll never be able to love my family. I am the definition of useless. I am constantly thinking evil thoughts that I can't control for the life of me. The only peace I get is when I sleep and the only thing I can look forward to is death so it all just goes away. All of this happened to me so fast. I wish I could go back and change myself but my appetite for sexual desires at such a young age has blinded me and hardened me. I don't know if God is even capable of softening my heart and that's why he isn't. Maybe he wants to but is unable because there isn't even a heart there to soften. Or he is just outright angry at me for caving in to my fleshy human needs. I guess I'll have to ask him when I meet him. But the though of him throwing my mother whom loved him deeply and was a godly woman into a ever burning fire creates the deepest anger I can even manage at God. Maybe his patience with us has just grown short because his son is returning soon and he knew we wouldn't make it even if we had soft hearts. In the end it doesn't matter. Now I just thank God that hell isn't eternal and it is literally just a second death we will experience after our first which will then just be a black abyss of nothing. I wish the best for both of you. I'm sorry we had to be born in this world so set up against us. I feel as if I have been apart of a big setup by God. How can he tell us to forgive others an infinite amount of times but he won't do the same for us. What ever happened to "lord forgive the sins of my youth" I see so many promises in the bible but I don't see them in this world. Best wishes -jake

Praying for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Julien

May 13, 2018
Bourgogne franche comté
✟20,383.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm from the US. 20 year old male here. Been feeling for also about 2 years since I was 18. I can't say forsure any of us are damned and without hope but I do have an idea now of w hats going on. And plainly stated only few are chosen for heaven, many are called but few are chosen. There is a reason why the road to heaven is called the narrow one and it's not meant for everybody. God only shows his mercy and patience to those whom he truly loves. He does not love everybody as shown from the passages shown in revelation about the seven churches and how the people were "shown" how much God loved "his" people. I have felt empty and not caring now too. I have no emotion, my own mother is in this aswell. She has been dealing with this now for 7 years. She was the most God fearing holy woman I have ever met, her fall is when the enemy told her she had commited it (a demon or devil) kept making her think she did, and out of despair she cried out to God and God left her with silence. I'm angry everyday at God for throwing away such a godly woman who deeply loved him. My fall was sexual sin. Inlet the church when I was only 13 and never came back. Apparently I had just barely enough knowledge to be considered responsible for this "sin" of apostasy but my heart wasn't hardened until shortly after I graduated highschool, still just a young dumb teenager that thought I could "just be a Christian" later in life after I had my fun. I read about how "merciful" and "loving" and "patient" God is and I read story's of backslidders who have strayed farther and linger than me and I question why I couldn't be restored but they could and it dawned on me that sadly, yes God does have favorites. He may call many to his kingdom but he didn't CHOOSE all that he calls. I am constantly angry at God now for killing my soul off so early in life. Barely an adult. No real life experience and the only knowledge I had of the bible was my 2 short years of being a Christian as a child. I was going to kill myself a few days ago but couldn't muster the courage to do so. I will never be able to love a woman because I'm not capable of love. I'll never be able to just go outside and enjoy the fresh air and sunlight because I am without peace. I'll never be able to love my family. I am the definition of useless. I am constantly thinking evil thoughts that I can't control for the life of me. The only peace I get is when I sleep and the only thing I can look forward to is death so it all just goes away. All of this happened to me so fast. I wish I could go back and change myself but my appetite for sexual desires at such a young age has blinded me and hardened me. I don't know if God is even capable of softening my heart and that's why he isn't. Maybe he wants to but is unable because there isn't even a heart there to soften. Or he is just outright angry at me for caving in to my fleshy human needs. I guess I'll have to ask him when I meet him. But the though of him throwing my mother whom loved him deeply and was a godly woman into a ever burning fire creates the deepest anger I can even manage at God. Maybe his patience with us has just grown short because his son is returning soon and he knew we wouldn't make it even if we had soft hearts. In the end it doesn't matter. Now I just thank God that hell isn't eternal and it is literally just a second death we will experience after our first which will then just be a black abyss of nothing. I wish the best for both of you. I'm sorry we had to be born in this world so set up against us. I feel as if I have been apart of a big setup by God. How can he tell us to forgive others an infinite amount of times but he won't do the same for us. What ever happened to "lord forgive the sins of my youth" I see so many promises in the bible but I don't see them in this world. Best wishes -jake
Hi Jake, I read your subject on Christian forum before and try to speak with you before even on what I think is your Facebook but you did not answer me. I know it's hard to live this way. And as you say we are too young. You can speak to Galnaros or me in PM if you want. Whish you the best. Julien

Upvote 0

Galnaros

Nov 23, 2016
the Netherlands
✟24,327.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey Jake,I wish I knew how to help you. I can't even help myself and time has shown that God doesn't help people like us :/ I

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey Jake,I wish I knew how to help you. I can't even help myself and time has shown that God doesn't help people like us :/ I
I personally think that too much religion, as is the case in fundamentalism, is bad for us ,and we need to learn to love ourselves and others, in small ways everyday .
Just remember that in your case and Jakes you are still very young ,that unless you are sinning against someone else you are allowed to learn ,to make mistakes ,and not to condemn yourself ,or let judgemental ones destroy you .
I thank God I grew up in a family who were kind and not too religious ,as I see the damage they do ,the ones who think constantly that the end is near .
It has been for 2000 years now .
Why do you think God bestowed such 'riches' on people like David ,and Trump being a kind of modern David ? Not because they were holier than thou , but because they were capable of Love ,capable of great courage ,and this led them into 'sin' ,which much later they repented of, when they were mature in the wisdom of the HS .
So God does not condemn those who sin ,(as we all do )but the hypocrites who make you feel bad ,before you have matured .
Another thing is ,when we are too hard on ourselves (or others )we commit the mistake of assuming God is as harsh, when often it is we who cause our own problems ,or those of others ,by being too critical .

Frankly I don't think it is possible to live without sinning ,which means making mistakes, so all we have to do is learn from them 'one day at a time sweet Jesus'.

Upvote 0

Romansthruphilemon

Feb 6, 2017
Concord, NH
✟59,907.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Jake, Julien, and Galnaros,

Paul tells us in 2 Corinthians 11:3,4 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

It seems that the legalistic teaching that you have been under is really causing all your problems. Paul tells us that there is simplicity in Christ. He gives us the gospel in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 How that Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again. In verse 2 he tells us that if we believe that we are saved.

You guys seem to be adding all kinds of works for your salvation when Paul clearly teaches it is not of works. In Ephesians 1:7 he tells us we have redemption through Christ's blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace.

Some verses that prove that it's not by our works but only by trusting in Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection that we are saved:

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Ephesians 2:4-9 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace are ye saved) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

God is not mad at us. It just seems that way because we think he is mad at us because of our sin. Study Colossians 1:21 closely and you will see he is not mad at you.

Col 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled (22) In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreprovable in his sight: (23) If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Col 1:21 says "enemies in your mind". God says he's already reconciled, but because of sin (wicked works), in our minds we think we're alienated and enemies. That's not what God thinks. He doesn't consider us alienated and enemies. Notice that it's already done, past tense: yet now hath he reconciled.

Run away from legalistic preaching. Don't listen to it at all. The false prophets that preach that message don't know how to rightly divide the word of truth so they preach a message that was delivered to Israel when they were under the law. That message was never to us, and our Apostle Paul tells us salvation is not by our works of righteousness. It's only by trusting what Christ has done for us.

• Winner
Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Jake, Julien, and Galnaros,

Paul tells us in 2 Corinthians 11:3,4 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

It seems that the legalistic teaching that you have been under is really causing all your problems. Paul tells us that there is simplicity in Christ. He gives us the gospel in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 How that Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again. In verse 2 he tells us that if we believe that we are saved.

You guys seem to be adding all kinds of works for your salvation when Paul clearly teaches it is not of works. In Ephesians 1:7 he tells us we have redemption through Christ's blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace.

Some verses that prove that it's not by our works but only by trusting in Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection that we are saved:

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Ephesians 2:4-9 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace are ye saved) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

God is not mad at us. It just seems that way because we think he is mad at us because of our sin. Study Colossians 1:21 closely and you will see he is not mad at you.

Col 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled (22) In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreprovable in his sight: (23) If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Col 1:21 says "enemies in your mind". God says he's already reconciled, but because of sin (wicked works), in our minds we think we're alienated and enemies. That's not what God thinks. He doesn't consider us alienated and enemies. Notice that it's already done, past tense: yet now hath he reconciled.

Run away from legalistic preaching. Don't listen to it at all. The false prophets that preach that message don't know how to rightly divide the word of truth so they preach a message that was delivered to Israel when they were under the law. That message was never to us, and our Apostle Paul tells us salvation is not by our works of righteousness. It's only by trusting what Christ has done for us.

The problem those people have is with actual Bible verses that warn us of falling away and it becoming an unforgivable sin. There's two areas in Hebrews that talk about this and I think they are talking about those verses. I believe that you can believe in falling away without being legalistic about it.

I personally share similar experiences to the people prior in this thread so I can understand their thinking. Fortunately right now I have decided to put my faith in God's word that He says He will forgive me if I confess my sins to Him(I hope it means confess sins to Him because there are some sins I am so ashamed of that I refuse to confess to another human). That is what I am putting my faith in. HOWEVER, it isn't easy. The fear of damnation still comes back at times. I wonder at times. Have I gone too far? Have I fallen from grace? Like one of the previous posters said, "Many are called but few are chosen."

It is very easy to preach forgiveness when you have not stained yourself with deliberate habitual sin and "returned to the vomit" after becoming saved. It is a grievous thing and I only thank God for helping me to see the errors of my ways and I can only hope it is not too late. Unfortunately even with all of this knowledge, I STILL SIN. If I still sin then is my repentance genuine? Maybe repentance has been denied to me. That is what the previous posters are asking. I have chosen to not believe that since it will only harm me and I have chosen to believe in God's justification of me and my mistakes being a process of sanctification.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Romansthruphilemon

Feb 6, 2017
Concord, NH
✟59,907.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The problem those people have is with actual Bible verses that warn us of falling away and it becoming an unforgivable sin. There's two areas in Hebrews that talk about this and I think they are talking about those verses. I believe that you can believe in falling away without being legalistic about it.

I personally share similar experiences to the people prior in this thread so I can understand their thinking. Fortunately right now I have decided to put my faith in God's word that He says He will forgive me if I confess my sins to Him(I hope it means confess sins to Him because there are some sins I am so ashamed of that I refuse to confess to another human). That is what I am putting my faith in. HOWEVER, it isn't easy. The fear of damnation still comes back at times. I wonder at times. Have I gone too far? Have I fallen from grace? Like one of the previous posters said, "Many are called but few are chosen."

It is very easy to preach forgiveness when you have not stained yourself with deliberate habitual sin and "returned to the vomit" after becoming saved. It is a grievous thing and I only thank God for helping me to see the errors of my ways and I can only hope it is not too late. Unfortunately even with all of this knowledge, I STILL SIN. If I still sin then is my repentance genuine? Maybe repentance has been denied to me. That is what the previous posters are asking. I have chosen to not believe that since it will only harm me and I have chosen to believe in God's justification of me and my mistakes being a process of sanctification.
Compare Galations 3:28 with Hebrews 8:8.

Galations 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

So Paul tells us there is neither Jew nor Greek. That is not what is being said in Hebrews. The writer of Hebrews definitely shows a difference between Jew and Greek.

Hebrews 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

No mention of Gentiles there. Hebrews is dealing with Israel not us. The verses that are giving you guys problems are written to Jews for use during the tribulation to warn them not to go back to animal sacrifices.

Don't start taking their doctrine and apply it for today. It's written for our learning, not directly to us. It's the same with Jesus earthly ministry. It was to Israel, but the legalistic preachers that want to put you under the law will quote it to you all day long. How do we know Jesus earthly ministry is to Israel and not us? What did Jesus do when the Gentile woman approached him and said her daughter was greviously vexed by a devil? He wouldn't even talk to her. Completely ignored her. Finally he talked to her when his disciples said make her go away. What was the first thing he said? It wasn't "I'll heal your daughter, she's all set don't worry about it". No, not at all. He said "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel". He also told his disciples "go not into the way of the Gentiles". But the legalists will take doctrine from there and apply it to us. Jesus said don't go anywhere near us, so how could our doctrine be there?

Paul confirms that Jesus earthly ministry was to the Jews in Romans 15:8. Also remember that the Jews were under the law at that time and we are not. Paul also said almost 20 times that his ministry is to us, Gentiles (We would be considered Gentiles if we were alive back then, even though during this age there is no Jew or Gentile). Paul said that he had mystery information that was kept secret and is only now being revealed through him. Peter, James and John don't have this information either, they are also ministers of the circumcision the same as Jesus was (Galations 2:7-9, Romans 15:8).

Only Paul said you are saved by grace through faith apart from works of the law. You should concentrate the majority of your study on Paul's writings because he has the doctrine to the church, the body of Christ. Outside of Paul you are learning about Israel's doctrine. You can learn things from reading your neighbors mail but it's not directly to you.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Another thing to keep in mind before you beat yourself up too much over your sin is that flesh is flesh, and spirit is spirit. When you completely trust that Christ died for your sins, was buried and rose again and that that is enough to secure your place in heaven apart from your works then your spirit is made perfect, but your flesh stays the same. Your flesh and your spirit are at war against each other.

If you have believed Paul's gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) you have been baptized into Christ's death, your dead and your life is hid in Christ. You have been raised up and made to sit in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6). You are complete in him (Colossians 2:10). You need to study Paul and figure out who you are in Christ and not dwell on the past or even what you are seeing in the flesh. Set your sights on things above, our conversation is in heaven.

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Compare Galations 3:28 with Hebrews 8:8.

Galations 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

So Paul tells us there is neither Jew nor Greek. That is not what is being said in Hebrews. The writer of Hebrews definitely shows a difference between Jew and Greek.

Hebrews 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

No mention of Gentiles there. Hebrews is dealing with Israel not us. The verses that are giving you guys problems are written to Jews for use during the tribulation to warn them not to go back to animal sacrifices.

Don't start taking their doctrine and apply it for today. It's written for our learning, not directly to us. It's the same with Jesus earthly ministry. It was to Israel, but the legalistic preachers that want to put you under the law will quote it to you all day long. How do we know Jesus earthly ministry is to Israel and not us? What did Jesus do when the Gentile woman approached him and said her daughter was greviously vexed by a devil? He wouldn't even talk to her. Completely ignored her. Finally he talked to her when his disciples said make her go away. What was the first thing he said? It wasn't "I'll heal your daughter, she's all set don't worry about it". No, not at all. He said "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel". He also told his disciples "go not into the way of the Gentiles". But the legalists will take doctrine from there and apply it to us. Jesus said don't go anywhere near us, so how could our doctrine be there?

Paul confirms that Jesus earthly ministry was to the Jews in Romans 15:8. Also remember that the Jews were under the law at that time and we are not. Paul also said almost 20 times that his ministry is to us, Gentiles (We would be considered Gentiles if we were alive back then, even though during this age there is no Jew or Gentile). Paul said that he had mystery information that was kept secret and is only now being revealed through him. Peter, James and John don't have this information either, they are also ministers of the circumcision the same as Jesus was (Galations 2:7-9, Romans 15:8).

Only Paul said you are saved by grace through faith apart from works of the law. You should concentrate the majority of your study on Paul's writings because he has the doctrine to the church, the body of Christ. Outside of Paul you are learning about Israel's doctrine. You can learn things from reading your neighbors mail but it's not directly to you.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Another thing to keep in mind before you beat yourself up too much over your sin is that flesh is flesh, and spirit is spirit. When you completely trust that Christ died for your sins, was buried and rose again and that that is enough to secure your place in heaven apart from your works then your spirit is made perfect, but your flesh stays the same. Your flesh and your spirit are at war against each other.

If you have believed Paul's gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) you have been baptized into Christ's death, your dead and your life is hid in Christ. You have been raised up and made to sit in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6). You are complete in him (Colossians 2:10). You need to study Paul and figure out who you are in Christ and not dwell on the past or even what you are seeing in the flesh. Set your sights on things above, our conversation is in heaven.

How do you know if something applies to us or not? So only the Jews can do specific sins but we cannot? It doesn't really add up.

Jesus also clearly preached to gentiles during His visit here but yes it was not His focus. He didn't ignore anyone that I can recall.

I do agree with you however that legalistic people will try to twist scripture. Paul strongly condemned those who did so. I agree with you, it is hard though because I am painfully aware of my sin. I will put my faith in Christ and that will be that. I will let God do the worrying for me.

Upvote 0

Galnaros

Nov 23, 2016
the Netherlands
✟24,327.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think anybody who hasn't had a unrepented spree of sinning after seeing the light or being in Christ can understand any of what we're going through right now. In our case it's not what we read and think about how God thinks about us that is the problem..it's the mental state that we got ourselves in by earlier said sinful behavior that troubles us. Imagine 1 day without a sincere smile,frown or tear...what's 1 day? We have been emotionless ever since we fell from grace. I have almost reached 2 YEARS without feeling any emotion. Even when people we used to love die, we don't feel any sadness. We are dead already.
Trust me on this: It is possible to die spiritually in this life and to be doomed after you've been born again. Stay with Christ, nourish your mind with the Word of God and don't slide back into sin...it can cost you your life like it did to me.

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think anybody who hasn't had a unrepented spree of sinning after seeing the light or being in Christ can understand any of what we're going through right now. In our case it's not what we read and think about how God thinks about us that is the problem..it's the mental state that we got ourselves in by earlier said sinful behavior that troubles us. Imagine 1 day without a sincere smile,frown or tear...what's 1 day? We have been emotionless ever since we fell from grace. I have almost reached 2 YEARS without feeling any emotion. Even when people we used to love die, we don't feel any sadness. We are dead already.
Trust me on this: It is possible to die spiritually in this life and to be doomed after you've been born again. Stay with Christ, nourish your mind with the Word of God and don't slide back into sin...it can cost you your life like it did to me.

I don't think you've truly died otherwise you would not be posting here. I would suggest you search and seek after God. God has made promises if you seek Him out.

John 6:37 "All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away."

So if you go to God and knock on His door, He WILL answer. I have been fallen from the Christian way of living for 4-5 years and God has restored me. My sins included sexual, alcohol, drugs, unfaithfulness to God, and etc. and yet I was able to turn to Him and repent. If you are truly unregenerate, you will be against Christ and you would be mocking all those who believe and turn to His ways. You do not do that and you still believe in the truth so something tells me that you have not gone beyond grace yet.

If you are beyond grace now, then I am beyond grace too and I will be joining you in the dreadful day of judgement. However I do not think this is our fate. Emotions mean NOTHING. Facts are everything. God says you can confess your sins to him and he WILL forgive ALL unrighteousness. Not just SOME or a FEW. ALL of them.

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Also don't forget one of the biggest stories of forgiveness in the Bible: King David after not only having sex with another man's wife but also plotting to hide her pregnancy by forcing the man to sleep with his wife. When the righteous man, who was betrayed by his King/wife, refused to sleep with his wife due to being loyal to his men being out in battle, King David had him murdered.

Now think about the stuff I listed above. Do you think King David sinned overnight? Does a person get to that level of depravity overnight? I would have to argue, no. I think King David was lukewarm to God for a very long period of time. Then he saw a woman that did not belong to him. He decided to take her for himself and he had sex with her. Since they figured out that she was pregnant, its clear that King David had sex with her many times over a long period of time. This was not a one off thing. Then he attempted to deceive her husband. When that failed, he plotted his murder. This story is not just an one off sin in my belief. It was months and perhaps even years of deliberate sinning. And these were NOT tiny sins. These were probably the worst sins you can possibly do. This is not something you would expect of someone "after God's own heart". But yet it happened.

Why do we have this awful story? Because it demonstrates God's grace. If God can forgive David, why can't he forgive us? How is our sin any greater than David's? David will make it to the pearl gates of eternal life and it was completely undeserved. Only thing he did to "merit" this was he put his faith in God for forgiveness. When we make it to the pearl gates, it will also be 100% unmerited as well. Only God's grace will overcome this world and our own sin.

Upvote 0