Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Question: Throughout history God has favored the Jews (in the OT), but punished them when they turned away from him. Then, he would give them another chance. Was the haulocaust in WW2 another one of the punishments? It lead to the revival of Israel. However, I need more information because I’m trying to make sense of this. Unless I know what I’m talking about, I definitely don’t want to start talking about this with people I know (especially non-believers) due to the backlash that could ensue, getting people angry and pulling farther away from God.

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Question: Throughout history God has favored the Jews (in the OT), but punished them when they turned away from him. Then, he would give them another chance. Was the haulocaust in WW2 another one of the punishments? It lead to the revival of Israel. However, I need more information because I’m trying to make sense of this. Unless I know what I’m talking about, I definitely don’t want to start talking about this with people I know (especially non-believers) due to the backlash that could ensue, getting people angry and pulling farther away from God.
My theory is that the Lord holds the Jews up as an example for us all, blessing them when they behave themselves, and withholding his blessing when they don't. I don't know how the holocaust fits into that.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Destruction of Jerusalem 70 A.D was like a world war for Jews aswell . The temple is gone since then so it did much worse than ww1 and ww2 because no sacrifice has been made since 1900 years . God would always send prophet to tell them why such thing is happening to them but they don't accept Christ who said that this temple will be destroyed as prophet of God .

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Jews were punished for not accepting Christ with the destruction of the second temple and their exile from Jerusalem during 70 AD and the Jews were scattered all over the world as punishment. The Holocaust wasn’t a punishment in my opinion, but a test.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian

There is no making sense of it. Every answer makes God look like a monster.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

We can't attempt to read scriptural things into modern events that would, somehow, add to scripture.

We have scripture already, and sometimes evil is just evil. It's a horrible tragedy and there is no profit trying to blame a people because a tragedy occurred to them.

If there is a test or a trial in what occurred, it's how we respond to those hurting (which I don't think it would be Christian to blame them) - anything further, is between Jews and God alone, and would be none of our business..

We extend God's offer of Salvation to the lost, no matter who they are.. anything further is God's purview.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They are still under God's wrath.

“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” (John 3:36)

Only those who believe in Christ will God reattach to biblical Israel (Romans 11).

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is no making sense of it. Every answer makes God look like a monster.
The devil has tried to kill off the Jews at several times in history. His purpose is to make GOD out to be a liar. God still has certain unfulfilled promises to the natural offspring of Jacob. If the devil can eliminate them, then GOD lied in making those promises.

• Winner
Reactions: Marvin Knox
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The devil has tried to kill off the Jews at several times in history. His purpose is to make GOD out to be a liar. God still has certain unfulfilled promises to the natural offspring of Jacob. If the devil can eliminate them, then GOD lied in making those promises.
These God will reattach through faith in Christ only (Romans 11).

Upvote 0

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
I think the Holocaust was a result of human actions. God gave us freewill and sometimes we choose to exercise it in awful ways. Any suffering, natural or otherwise, was bestowed upon us the moment Adam and Even chose to disobey in Eden. Things like disease, genocide, etc. are a result of that.

That said, though, I obviously don't know for sure but I feel confident that Hitler and the other perpetrators of the Holocaust are suffering right now for their actions.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
These God will reattach through faith in Christ only (Romans 11).
You need to take another look at Romans 11.

25 For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; 26 and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written,

that is NOT talking about some group of mixed Jewish and Gentile believers; that is talking about the Israel that are "enemies of the gospel." (v 28)

If your theology does not allow God to change their hearts (the entire nation) and bring them to faith in Messiah, then you need to change your theology.

Jer 31:31 “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. 33 “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the Lord, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You need to take another look at Romans 11.

25 For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; 26 and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written,

that is NOT talking about some group of mixed Jewish and Gentile believers; that is talking about the Israel that are "enemies of the gospel." (v 28)

If your theology does not allow God to change their hearts (the entire nation) and bring them to faith in Messiah, then you need to change your theology.
“And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.” (Romans 11:23)

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then the nation of Israel will no longer exist. Jesus says his kingdom is not of this world.
To continue from Jer 31:

35 Thus says the Lord,
Who gives the sun for light by day
And the fixed order of the moon and the stars for light by night,
Who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar;
The Lord of hosts is His name:
36 “If this fixed order departs
From before Me,” declares the Lord,
Then the offspring of Israel also will cease
From being a nation before Me forever.

So if the natural people of Israel ever cease to be a nation-group, then God is proved to be a liar and the devil won.

Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To continue from Jer 31:

35 Thus says the Lord,
Who gives the sun for light by day
And the fixed order of the moon and the stars for light by night,
Who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar;
The Lord of hosts is His name:
36 “If this fixed order departs
From before Me,” declares the Lord,
Then the offspring of Israel also will cease
From being a nation before Me forever.

So if the natural people of Israel ever cease to be a nation-group, then God is proved to be a liar and the devil won.
In the New Covenant, Jesus is Israel along with those who believe in him.

Upvote 0