Nov 23, 2013
✟302,373.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Men are in a constant state of sexual excitement (more or less). The law isn't very good at prevention.

You seem to have a rather low opinion of your fellow men. My husband finds your comment rather humorous and suggested that if you are having trouble with your genitals controlling you, then our neighbour's pet cat knows about an operation which might help.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
some women make more than man? mate, thats like 1 %. women get paid less for doing the SAME job as males..

No, they don't. That's illegal. Women make less overall in their lifetimes because of life choices such as having kids, less stressful or dangerous jobs, or picking quality of life over income. It's a reason women tend to live longer on average.

raping against women is a severe problem, and sexist attacks, rapes and sexist attacks against males almost never happens.

That is completely false.

man victims of domnestic violence ? you mean [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]slaps ? you can not compare that to the severe beatings and killings that women have to face.

Last I heard, domestic violence by women against men make up about 40% of the total number of domestic violence incidents in the United States.

yes, women in usa gets forced to marry guys, it happens alot in conservative families. conservative families want their girl to marry a rich tall white christian.

Citation needed.

very few females are bosses...your daughter is one of the few. usa never had a female president.

Jordan Peterson explained why so few women are CEOs in his interview with Cathy Newman.

As for President, the only contender has been Clinton. I am sure that once someone who isn't utterly despised by the vast majority of the country wins a nomination, it'll happen.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You seem to have a rather low opinion of your fellow men. My husband finds your comment rather humorous and suggested that if you are having trouble with your genitals controlling you, then our neighbour's pet cat knows about an operation which might help.

Interesting that he didn't deny it. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Kylie
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So according to you the dress sense of a woman effects the feminist paradigm?

The 'feminist paradigm' is a woman thing. I'm talking about how men judge women's feminist leanings, according to how they dress.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,373.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The 'feminist paradigm' is a woman thing.

No it isn't. It's a man thing too.

For example, when a man feels he isn't allowed to cry because it's seen as being weak. "Crying like a little girl," people say. So often when men are belittled, they are referred to as women.

But no, the feminist idea that women are not inferior to men, that's got nothing to do with me....

• Agree
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But, if a woman decides to be a worker instead of a wife and/or mother, what's your opinion of that?

I have no problem with any such choice women make. The person I admire the most is a professional woman, who is also a wife and mother.

"Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands." Proverbs 14:1

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, very interesting that you didn't deny it.

So I take it that you DO have a low opinion of your fellow men?

That men think about sex a lot isn't a criticism, just an observation.

But I do think we can all do better. Look at all the problems we have, that are easily solved. My fellow men are generally in control but are doing a lousy job.

Maybe if they'd stop watching inappropriate content :eek: and get to work things would improve. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No it isn't. It's a man thing too.

For example, when a man feels he isn't allowed to cry because it's seen as being weak. "Crying like a little girl," people say. So often when men are belittled, they are referred to as women.

But no, the feminist idea that women are not inferior to men, that's got nothing to do with me....

The feminist paradigm isn't just a buzzword, it's a very particular program, of women and for women. Men need not apply.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,507,790.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
As has been pointed out, there is a wide variety of strands of feminist thought and practice. Some are hostile to men, but by no means all. The one I find myself at home in, for example (which I would struggle to label, but it would have to have "Christian" in there somewhere) is very much open to and inclusive of men.

I don't see how feminism can be irrelevant when we still have so much work to do on very basic things, like maternal health care, clean drinking water and education. I think, for example, of a charity I'm organising some voluntary work for, which provides "safe birthing kits" to third world mothers; such a kit contains a plastic sheet (for the dirt floor), a bar of soap, a pair of gloves for the midwife, a sterile blade to cut the cord. Something so basic that literally saves lives because it prevents infections that kill mothers and babies. How can we say feminism is irrelevant when we still need to do such basic things to give some people made vulnerable by incredible poverty even a chance at life?

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The 'feminist paradigm' is a woman thing. I'm talking about how men judge women's feminist leanings, according to how they dress.
I think you need to expand a little on what your getting at here. Give me a few "for examples" so I understand what your driving at. Because I dont judge a mans knowledge of space on how his dressed, or a mans theories on how to manage men's health by the way his dressed - so try to explain because its not making sense to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Zoii, have you read any of Anne Summers' work? She wrote a book with a title I can't quote here which I suspect would be highly relevant.
I think I know the title you're referring to. I haven't read the book but have read reviews of it. You've prompted me to get hold of her work.

Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think you need to expand a little on what your getting at here. Give me a few "for examples" so I understand what your driving at. Because I dont judge a mans knowledge of space on how his dressed, or a mans theories on how to manage men's health by the way his dressed - so try to explain because its not making sense to me.

The long and short of it is that we men see women in a certain role that is comfortable for us and we don't want to let you change that. It's the age old 'double standard'. It may not be right, but that's the way it is.

Pursuing a feminist agenda (equality, independence, etc.) has not been received positively by men generally, not that it's a threat but that is upsetting the 'natural order' of man/woman roles and relationships. Imo of course.

Upvote 0

seekingmuch

Mar 14, 2018
PANAMA CITY
✟42,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Has feminism become irrelevant?

feminist are effectively and permanently removing

themselves from the human gene pool

Too many women are trying to become men and are forgetting they are feminine. As a man, I am very feminine, most think I'm gay even though I'm not. But, I've noticed, over the years, women are becoming more and more "butch." At work, they dress more masculine than I do. Jeans and tshirts or manly button-downs. I rarely ever see a blouse (or a dress---that is getting totally rare almost anywhere I go in my city--even church). There are women that sex it up, but few that are modest. They either dress like guys (casual), or like [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]s. Only on the women in their 50s and 60s are modest femmes, and then it is half of them only, do they wear feminine tops. But, beyond dressing, they act like your pal not women. I heard Black guys saying that about Black women, especially. They act like your best buddy not your girlfriend.

I told another guy friend of mine that is feminine and straight and he told me, "Go to Asia. Women there love manly men and girly men (many really love metrosexuals) and are like something out of the 1950/60s." Other told me to go to Latin America since they are like Asian women.

Jovanovic, yeah, there are men that are domestically abused. But, most of the abuse towards men is emotional, not physical. Ever see women put their husbands or boyfriends down in front of others? They do it with jokes and laughs. That is abuse, too. It is emasculating to men. Only a small handful of men are abusive towards women.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
yeah, there are men that are domestically abused. But, most of the abuse towards men is emotional, not physical. Ever see women put their husbands or boyfriends down in front of others? They do it with jokes and laughs. That is abuse, too.
I am not sure I would call it that; but can you tie the verbal and emotional put-downs to feminism? That is what this thread is about.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.