Status
Not open for further replies.

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Is Harris black though? I don't think so.
Your thoughts are wrong, but this same line of racist attack was also levied against Barack Obama. The irony is hilarious in a country that spent so much energy enforcing the one-drop rule to discriminate against black people, now when black people begin to achieve more power, they now attempt to reverse the argument so any non-African ancestry makes them "not black." The reality is, this paper bag testing of blackness is racist.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think he would actually. He's not dumb like you guys like to paint him out to be
Oh, he's dumb ... per presidential standards.

W would wipe the floor with him in a cognitive test ... just sayin' ...

Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh, there is. I think you may be the one missing some of your brain. Shall I recommend a doctor for you to see?

Sure, but please recommend a German one. I don't want to also end up with crippling debt aswell like you guys in US do. I like my free healthcare.

By the way, have you seen both the Axios interview and the Fox news interview with Chris Wallace?

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your thoughts are wrong, but this same line of racist attack was also levied against Barack Obama. The irony is hilarious in a country that spent so much energy enforcing the one-drop rule to discriminate against black people, now when black people begin to achieve more power, they now attempt to reverse the argument so any non-African ancestry makes them "not black." The reality is, this paper bag testing of blackness is racist.
You are obviously the kind of person who sees a racist under every rock. Obama was black. How is Harris?

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sure, but please recommend a German one. I don't want to also end up with crippling debt aswell like you guys in US do. I like my free healthcare.

By the way, have you seen both the Axios interview and the Fox news interview with Chris Wallace?
Oh, shoot. I was going to recommend Nancy Pelosi.
Free healthcare means more government control.
No, I haven't seen those interviews. I don't watch tv.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Can anyone please explain why any of this matters? The right has already proven that persons past and their own behavior doesn't count much less that of their ancestors. That ship has sailed.
It matters because it has become a familiar political tactic of candidates from a certain segment of the political spectrum to accuse Republicans and conservatives of doing--in their past--things that they themselves have done.

The examples are many. In fact, the whole history of the United States is immoral to these accusers.

More precisely, it's wrong if a bad ol' Republican did it. And unforgiveable. But it rarely is considered serious if the person is of the other party. Take Virginia's Governor Northam for only one example of that. He would not have survived a week if he'd been the Republican governor of Virginia.

So the issue is hypocrisy. You can hardly be surprised when it comes to light and Republicans point to the double standard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh, shoot. I was going to recommend Nancy Pelosi.
Free healthcare means more government control.
No, I haven't seen those interviews. I don't watch tv.

Don't worry, you don't need a tv.

You can watch both on youtube:

It's funny at first but after a while you will probably experience a burning desire for a swift lobotomy.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
She is (don't forget the "one drop" rule) but she is not an African American--her father is Jamaican.

How does this work? Native Jamaicans are related to native South Americans and were mostly, if not entirely, killed off by Europeans. Black Jamaicans are descended from slaves imported to Jamaica from Africa. Does an ancestor's being imported to Jamaica make him "Jamaican" and not "African" for the purposes of this sort of labeling?

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She is (don't forget the "one drop" rule) but she is not an African American--her father is Jamaican.
You mean ... her heritage is not strictly US African-American.

Though her heritage experience is pretty similar to that of US African-Americans ...

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Kamala Harris's Ancestors Also Owned Slaves

Quote from link:
Sen. Kamala Harris (D., Calif.) is the descendant of an Irishman who owned a slave plantation in Jamaica, according to her father's lengthy ancestral summary of his side of the family.​

Wonder how they will dance around that issue?

Oh that is not really an issue, what she did as a District Attorney however is.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
"SO?" indeed. I venture to guess that a large percentage of Americans, both black and white, are the decendants of slave owners.
It's an interesting question. It cannot be anywhere close to a majority, that's for sure.

Most Americans descend from immigrants who arrived since the Civil War and, as has already been discussed, it was only 16 or so of our present day states in which slavery was practiced at the time of the war, and most people living in those states were not slave-owners themselves. It's not going to add up to a lot of Americans in total, percentage-wise.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.