The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why would they? It's nonsensical. Probably just about everybody has slaveowners somewhere in there lineage, if you go back far enough.
Exactly. I never said it was a good argument the people starting this thread made, just that the left has no room to talk when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟241,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I absolutely think this is an appeal to ignorant racists. In the context of these discussions, there is quite a significant difference between being the rightful, proper heir of a slave owner and being the progeny of a rape committed by that same slave owner. That you and @hislegacy and a bunch of right-wing bigots are trying to make this argument is pretty disgusting. If you can't figure out why people think of the Republican party as being accommodating of racism and a bunch of other horrible ideas and attitudes, here you go - this is a perfect example.

Then the fact that you wouldn't pass a 4th grade logic examintion is proven beyond a doubt. If this argument was given to racists it would constitute an argument to favor Harris, not to discredit her. :idea:

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It just seem to me that if one has to pick on the dead 5th great grandfather on the 3rd cousins side, to degraded an opponent....they have run out of good things to say about themselves.
Trust me. There is MUCH more that will be said...and has already been said.

On the other hand, what's the reason to be horrified if somebody raises an issue that is an obvious counterpart to the propaganda that the radicals, rioters, and their spokesmen have been trumpeting for months as they've virtually monopolized the news??

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If that's really your intent then you would make a more effective argument if you used an example of the left actually going after someone because of their ancestor rather than using what you imagine would happen but which didn't in reality.

This is projection, not reality. You, not them.
And the left always makes effective arguments. My bad, sir, my bad.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
For starters, no one here is going after her because she was the victim of rape. They were saying her ancestors were slave owners which may or may not be true. It may or may not be true that she was a victim of rape.

They're not going after her because she was the victim of rape; they're going after her for an alleged (and unproven) lineage and ignoring the very real possibility that rape was a factor in it, pretending as if all lineages are equal.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can assert *any* position on to the <left>, <right>, <msm> or my favorite "them" or "they" (just look at the op's first post).
I'm still missing your point. I'm sure what your saying is not rocket science, the wording is just confusing me a bit.

Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟241,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Trying to get Trump elected by discrediting his opponents, only proves that there is no good reason to vote for him on his merit alone...

By this logic there is no merit-based reason to vote for any Democrat that ran in the primary, because discrediting the opponent was the primary aim of the entire thing.

Seriously, you all on the left have to learn to present an argument that doesn't inherently contradict your own positions.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,141,465.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
So what? Many people don't vote for one because they're crazy about them but rather they're more afraid of they'd get in their place. And actually it could be said this election doesn't even have to be about Trump but about the craziness of the left promoting lawlessness. If you want that vote Dem....if you want law and order and stability vote for Trump. Even Police Unions are voting for Trump.
Sorry? Trump would not recognise the rule of law of it hit him on the derriere.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They're not going after her because she was the victim of rape; they're going after her for an alleged (and unproven) lineage and ignoring the very real possibility that rape was a factor in it, pretending as if all lineages are equal.
And apparently the whole rape thing is alleged and unproven, yet many are talking as though it is fact.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟242,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Exactly. I never said it was a good argument the people starting this thread made, just that the left has no room to talk when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Considering how bad the argument is, yes, I think they have room to talk. I can't think of too many people making arguments that bad, outside of Trump and some of the loonier radio hosts.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Trust me. There is MUCH more that will be said...and has already been said.

On the other hand, what's the reason to be horrified if somebody raises an issue that is an obvious counterpart to the propaganda that the radicals, rioters, and their spokesmen have been trumpeting for months as they've virtually monopolized the news??
It may be a counterpart, but it would be more "obvious" if Harris was glorifying the culture of Brown's slaveholding society. I am not aware that Brown and his fellow slaveholders rose up in arms against the British government to maintain slavery or that their descendants now strive to preserve monuments glorifying the rebellion.

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Considering how bad the argument is, yes, I think they have room to talk. I can't think of too many people making arguments that bad, outside of Trump and some of the loonier radio hosts.
Have you been in America long?

Reactions: zippy2006
Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟241,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

...right, because no one on the left has ever gotten within a half mile of proposing any form of reparations for ancestral slavery. :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Then the fact that you wouldn't pass a 4th grade logic examintion is proven beyond a doubt. If this argument was given to racists it would constitute an argument to favor Harris, not to discredit her. :idea:

No.

Among other things, racists seek to dismiss claims about slave owners raping their slaves and siring children by them and they seek to undermine the acknowledgement that slavery generated wealth that was then passed down to the heirs of the slave owners. This attack on Harris checks both of those boxes.

And apparently the whole rape thing is alleged and unproven, yet many are talking as though it is fact.

The lineage itself is alleged and unproven, yet many are talking as though it's fact.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟489,024.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Trying to get Trump elected by discrediting his opponents, only proves that there is no good reason to vote for him on his merit alone...
It worked before.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟241,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
No.

Among other things, racists seek to dismiss claims about slave owners raping their slaves and siring children by them and they seek to undermine the acknowledgement that slavery generated wealth that was then passed down to the heirs of the slave owners. This attack on Harris checks both of those boxes.

So this is what you think enters the racist's mind, "Ah, Kamala Harris is descended from slave owners. Well, there is a theory that she may be descended from the illegitimate offspring of slave owners. I am going to ignore that theory, conclude that she is descended from the legitimate offspring of slave owners, and use this conclusion to delegitimize her on the basis of racism. Because I'm a racist."

Not doing much better on that logic test, are we? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟242,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
...right, because no one on the left has ever gotten within a half mile of proposing any form of reparations for ancestral slavery. :doh:

Since the reparations would be from the government due to the government allowing slavery in the past, it's not the same thing. (Although it's rather late for that kind of thing; any reparations should have been made shortly following emancipation.)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.