Happy Sabbath

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What can be happy about a Sabbath the 'rest' whereof was Jesus' death in the 'second death' or hell?

What makes the Sabbath a happy Sabbath, is the Delight Jesus took in "the Holy of the Lord", so that the LORD made Him to "sore the heights of the earth", "when He raised Christ from the dead" and "exalted Him" to the right hand of the Majesty on high.

Upvote 0

IntoTheCrimsonSky

~ ¤ Love. It's in you. ¤ ~
Mar 10, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟11,569.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
What a wonderful thought! All of us sharing it TOGETHER instead of just talking about how it went! :)

Can't wait!!
It'll be so much more awesome than it is now, too! ^_^ I can't even imagine what a Sabbath will be like when Jesus is actually physically present. Wooow! It'll so cool to be sharing it with you guys.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
What can be happy about a Sabbath the 'rest' whereof was Jesus' death in the 'second death' or hell?

What makes the Sabbath a happy Sabbath, is the Delight Jesus took in "the Holy of the Lord", so that the LORD made Him to "sore the heights of the earth", "when He raised Christ from the dead" and "exalted Him" to the right hand of the Majesty on high.
With your permission I would like to answer...

Maybe you are confusing the sabbath with the Lord's death. THe sabbath is resting in the Lord. It is a weekly break from the hustle and bustle of life to be with the Lord. It is like a date with your love. Something to look forward to.

As far as the Lord resting on the sabbath, it is true, but He pre-ordained it in His organised feasts, what I call His day runner, his appointment book. THey are appointments in dealing with very important aspects of salvation procedure for God in His relationship with man.

You can read all of them in Lev 23. They are known as "rehersals" and the Israelites rehearsed these through out the years and still do today. Just as we have seen, the Lord fulfilled the spring feasts.. AKA Passover, Feast of Unleaven Bread, Pentecost... with His first coming ... I believe that He will come again and fulfill the fall feasts... Feasts of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, Feast of Tabernacles... Maybe even right down to the 3 and 1/2 year ministry [think Rev 11] before the feasts are fulfilled but that is another subject of study.

There are various understandings of the falls feasts and their time of fulfillment, 1844 and 1848 are commonly presented here. It too has its time and place in spiritual awakening and advancement in spiritual truth. I know it was a disappointment, but that does not change the fact that I believe Wiliam Miller was on the right track as far as it being a very important subject of study.

Others here are better able to explain the reason why the sabbath is happy. Only once a year do we remember His feast in which died for us.. Passover...

While we cling to the Lord every moment of our lives and are extremely thankful for His sacrifice, He set a time aside in which is the memorial. I am sure you do too.

Upvote 0

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Intothecrimsonsky:
"I look forward to keeping it in Heaven with you guys one day!"

GE:
I hope to in this life keep it with you guys for Jesus' sake, for God's having raised Christ from the dead, for God's having raised Christ from the dead "IN THE SABBATH'S FULNESS OF DAYLIGHT BEING".

I look forward to keeping it on the New Earth with you guys one day SOON!"

Upvote 0

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Visionary,

Nice the sound of your post! I am tuned in, glad to say!

If you type in the usual http stuff, after the www, type, 'biblestudents', then, I am from SA, so, type the dot then co for what you know what, then za for SA. I think you will find book 1/1 most interesting to you, 'Crucifixion', 'Goshen to Golgotha'.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Visionary,
"Others here are better able to explain the reason why the sabbath is happy. Only once a year do we remember His feast in which died for us.. Passover..."

GE:
None is better able to explain how and why the Sabbath is happy than Paul, Eph1:19f and Col2:12-19. It is happy, not because Christ was dead in the tomb on the Sabbath, but because on the Sabbath He ROSE FROM THE DEAD.

Notice how the women, as soon as "the angel explained to them", Mt28:5, hastened to obey their commission with great joy and holy fear and fervour. Notice how before, a few hour earlier, they fled from the grave terrified and told no one anything because they were so afraid (Mark)! The knowledge of the Resurrection is what brought about the change.
The Sabbath Day is happy, ONLY because Christ, "ON THE SABBATH", ROSE, FROM, the dead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Visionary:
"While we cling to the Lord every moment of our lives and are extremely thankful for His sacrifice, He set a time aside in which is the memorial."

GE:
If the sacrifice set apart the time in which is the memorial, then it cannot be the Sabbath so set apart because Jesus was not sacrificed on the Sabbath.
No, while we cling to the Lord every moment of our lives in thankfulness for His sacrifice, we rejoice even more in that moment in which He set the Sabbath aside the memorial of his resurrection in life and the glory of the Father, as Paul says He was raisd by.

Upvote 0

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"There are various understandings of the falls feasts and their time of fulfillment, 1844 and 1848 are commonly presented here. It too has its time and place in spiritual awakening and advancement in spiritual truth. I know it was a disappointment, but that does not change the fact that I believe Wiliam Miller was on the right track as far as it being a very important subject of study."

You are still sitting on sacks with ashed heads; you have never recovered from your time-setting ailment, my heart bleeds for you saying.

Upvote 0

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Visionary:
"THe sabbath is resting in the Lord."

GE:
No, it's not. Salvation is resting in the Lord; the Sabbath does not save. God's 'rest'-'katapausis' is God's 'rest' - it is Jesus Christ. Then, "BECAUSE JESUS had given them rest (because JESUS IS the 'Rest'), THEREFORE, their remains valid for the People of God a keeping of THE SABBATH DAY"-sabbatismos apoleipetai'. Justification through Grace, then follows the gifts of grace, they call it sanctification. So follows the Sabbath on the rest, and is not the Rest which is Christ Himself and exclusively.

Can anyone re-write this to say 'Therefore the Sunday became valid for God's People to keep'? You know, 'they' really achieve this impossibility! 'They' simple write another 'Version' of the Bible; that's how easy!

It's only going to cost you a lot of money to get it written, edited, published, distributed, which you won't have unless the Roman Catholic Church is going to finance you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Visionary:
"As far as the Lord resting on the sabbath, it is true, but He pre-ordained it in His organised feasts, what I call His day runner, his appointment book. THey are appointments in dealing with very important aspects of salvation procedure for God in His relationship with man."

GE:
This is good!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sumofox:
"a spiritual Happy Sabbath Day"

GE:

Beautiful!
That IS the Sabbath of the LORD you God, the Seventh Day of His appointment through Christ and unto Christ. That is what Christians generally are unable to see about the Seventh-Day-only-Bible-Sabbath, but take for granted without reservations about Sunday the completely un-Biblical day of worship OF MAN'S FREEWILL!

Upvote 0

PaleHorse

Veteran
Jun 1, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟16,859.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Visionary:
"While we cling to the Lord every moment of our lives and are extremely thankful for His sacrifice, He set a time aside in which is the memorial."

GE:
If the sacrifice set apart the time in which is the memorial, then it cannot be the Sabbath so set apart because Jesus was not sacrificed on the Sabbath.
No, while we cling to the Lord every moment of our lives in thankfulness for His sacrifice, we rejoice even more in that moment in which He set the Sabbath aside the memorial of his resurrection in life and the glory of the Father, as Paul says He was raisd by.
Greetings GE,

Could you please show me the scripture where Christ set aside the Sabbath in favor of His resurrection? I've searched high and low for such a passage and I've not found one that even hints to that. In fact, I've found quite the opposite. My apologies however is I've misread your post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0