Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟11,569.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
My Sabbath got hijacked this week by some really bad happenings. :(

I had to do some things I normally wouldn't.

It's funny because people think Sabbath-keepers are so legalistic, but once you get into a routine that's all about God, the things you give up never even come to mind anymore (at least for me). So when I had to do some of them, I felt it.

Thankfully I'm home with the boys safe and sound now though. Last night at midnight I wasn't so sure if we were EVER going to get home.

I received a book in the mail and it's been a blessing!

I know how you feel, Sis. :hug: I can't count how many of my Sabbaths ended up messed up, and it so depresses me when it happens. Actually..come to think of it, 85% of them aren't proper. But that's besides the point.

I'm glad you and your boys are okay!! What happened? :(

Upvote 0
T

TrustAndObey

Well, I took the boys and one of my oldest son's friends to Silver Dollar City yesterday in Branson, MO.

I had everything planned out so that we'd leave there in time for us to be home around sunset.

The older boys split off from us to do their own thing and I hung out with my 4-year-old.

The plan was to meet up at around 6.

At 7 (when the park closes) I got on the trolly and went back to my car thinking maybe the older boys had already gone out there. Nope.

I kept calling my son's cell phone but it went to voicemail immediately.

At 7:10 I was in panic mode and I got a call from the Hospitality Center from my oldest. His cell phone got wet on one of the rides and wasn't working and they really had no idea what time it was until the park announced it was closing time.

About 7:20 we were in the car and leaving and probably still could've made it home in time, BUT my son's friend said he was starving and I wasn't going to take him home to his mom without feeding him. He should've eaten at the park, but he didn't.

Pizza Hut took FOREVER and we didn't leave there until 9:09.

We spent the next three hours wandering aimlessly on dark rodes with nowhere to turn around. Honestly, we even made that part of it fun, but I was freaking out a little.

At 12:30 am we were BACK in Branson (don't ask me how) and I had to get a hotel room.

We left this morning at 8 and were home by 10:30.

Not the Sabbath I had originally planned for sure!

Upvote 0

IntoTheCrimsonSky

~ ¤ Love. It's in you. ¤ ~
Mar 10, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟11,569.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Well, I took the boys and one of my oldest son's friends to Silver Dollar City yesterday in Branson, MO.

I had everything planned out so that we'd leave there in time for us to be home around sunset.

The older boys split off from us to do their own thing and I hung out with my 4-year-old.

The plan was to meet up at around 6.

At 7 (when the park closes) I got on the trolly and went back to my car thinking maybe the older boys had already gone out there. Nope.

I kept calling my son's cell phone but it went to voicemail immediately.

At 7:20 I was in panic mode and I got a call from the Hospitality Center from my oldest. His cell phone got wet on one of the rides and wasn't working and they really had no idea what time it was until the park announced it was closing time.

About 7:20 we were in the car and leaving and probalby still could've made it home in time, BUT my son's friend said he was starving and I wasn't going to take him home to his mom without feeding him. He should've eaten at the park, but he didn't.

Pizza Hut took FOREVER and we didn't leave there until 9:09.

We spent the next three hours wandering aimlessly on dark rodes with nowhere to turn around. Honestly, we even made that part of it fun, but I was freaking out a little.

At 12:30 am we were BACK in Branson (don't ask me how) and I had to get a hotel room.

We left this morning at 8 and were home by 10:30.

Not the Sabbath I had originally planned for sure!

Wow! That's certainly not a good start to the Sabbath. :( I'm so glad your oldest was okay and you guys found eachother and everything. Thank God for helping you guys get back home safely!!

BTW, my youngest kept calling Silver Dollar City..."Siller Dollar Silly!" :)

AWWWW! ^_^ That reminds me of me. I could not pronounce rice crispies when I was little so I called it "Rice Kisspies". Hehe.

Upvote 0

IntoTheCrimsonSky

Mar 10, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟11,569.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
My boys so deserved a nice treat, but obviously I wish that we had just decided to get a hotel room in the FIRST place and not spend three hours trying to find our way out of there!

I wasn't expecting the extra expense, but by the time i saw the hotel, I would've paid a thousand dollars for it I think.
*lol* I imagine it would have been such a relief! How did the kids react to it? I'm sure it must have been an adventure for them!

Upvote 0
T

TrustAndObey

My youngest had never been to a hotel before so he kept saying "mom, whose house is this?" "Are we sleeping on that bed, whose is it?" "Hey....look at all this food! Is that our food? Who made it?"

It was PRECIOUS! :)

The oldest boys said one of the best parts was getting lost, because we kept passing this sign over and over again.

It was like on European Vacation where Chevy Chase kept saying "Look kids...Big Ben!"

Upvote 0

IntoTheCrimsonSky

Mar 10, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟11,569.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
My youngest had never been to a hotel before so he kept saying "mom, whose house is this?" "Are we sleeping on that bed, whose is it?" "Hey....look at all this food! Is that our food? Who made it?"

It was PRECIOUS! :)

The oldest boys said one of the best parts was getting lost, because we kept passing this sign over and over again.

It was like on European Vacation where Chevy Chase kept saying "Look kids...Big Ben!"
LOL!!

Your youngest is completely adorable! ^_^ The food is such a big part of everything at that age. My first hotel trip all I remember is the wonderful plate of fruits (melons and stuff, my favorite) that they brought us. Things I didn't get at home.

Upvote 0
T

TrustAndObey

I had some wonderful bonding moments with my youngest yesterday (and today). He gets to do a lot of fun stuff at his preschool, but we really haven't done anything fun like that TOGETHER since I went back to college. I've just been too broke.

After each ride he'd say "I'm not ready to go yet" and I'd say "honey, we're staying alllll day." After a few hours that finally sunk in! HA!

By 7:00 he was asking if I would carry him. Bwhahaha. I could barely walk anymore.

Here's a picture of him after going 90-to-nothing for hours. That isn't a sunburn...he was flushed!

22919474973.jpg

He was sad at that moment because I told him we had to take a break and sit down for a little while! Seriously, he didn't want to rest at all!

I'm hobbled today. My feet are swollen and my calves are SO sore.

Upvote 0

IntoTheCrimsonSky

Mar 10, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟11,569.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I had some wonderful bonding moments with my youngest yesterday (and today). He gets to do a lot of fun stuff at his preschool, but we really haven't done anything fun like that TOGETHER since I went back to college. I've just been too broke.

After each ride he'd say "I'm not ready to go yet" and I'd say "honey, we're staying alllll day." After a few hours that finally sunk in! HA!

By 7:00 he was asking if I would carry him. Bwhahaha. I could barely walk anymore.

Here's a picture of him after going 90-to-nothing for hours. That isn't a sunburn...he was flushed!

22919474973.jpg

He was sad at that moment because I told him we had to take a break and sit down for a little while! Seriously, he didn't want to rest at all!

I'm hobbled today. My feet are swollen and my calves are SO sore.
Awwwwwww! He's so adorable. ^_^ It's amazing how much energy younguns have, eh? They can even tire me out sometimes. *Remembering when I babysat two girls ages 4 and 5* At least it's the Sabbath, so you got to rest your poor feet. ;)

It's wonderful that God provided for you guys to have this fun day out!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

daro2096

Aug 29, 2007
UK
✟7,914.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
The Sabbath is about to begin here in Newcastle England in about 15 minutes from now.

Happy Sabbath and I see you in about 24 hours. I don't turn the computer on during the sabbath if I can help it and if I do turn it on I would be only to watch 3ABN or listen to a Bible semon.

Upvote 0