Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
hi, I’m an elderly christian, and the Lord has helped to keep my faith in Christ Jesus since I was 19. I’ve always been single, and do not believe in same-sex. Possibly there are both male and female angels in heaven, which would make same-sex unnatural. as stated in the first chapter of Romans. In any case, what awaits the believer in heaven is much more than the greatest pleasures in the world. I Corinthians 2:9

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

I was posting in the Bible Discussion forum, but the website seems to have been taken down. There was continuous discussion on whether same-sex was right or wrong. I posted that same-sex was wrong, but that christian salvation is offered to all peoples, “whosoever will” (with true repentance).

I’ve lived and had a job (until retirement 2 years ago) in a city, Portland, OR for the last 28 years, and have resisted the same-sex occult environment through christian prayer. Outwardly I’ve been treated very well in this area. “a fish out of water” 28 years ago, and still “a fish out of water.”

John

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
hi, I’m an elderly christian, and the Lord has helped to keep my faith in Christ Jesus since I was 19. I’ve always been single, and do not believe in same-sex. Possibly there are both male and female angels in heaven, which would make same-sex unnatural. as stated in the first chapter of Romans. In any case, what awaits the believer in heaven is much more than the greatest pleasures in the world. I Corinthians 2:9

I was posting in the Bible Discussion forum, but the website seems to have been taken down. There was continuous discussion on whether same-sex was right or wrong. I posted that same-sex was wrong, but that christian salvation is offered to all peoples, “whosoever will” (with true repentance).

I’ve lived and had a job (until retirement 2 years ago) in a city, Portland, OR for the last 28 years, and have resisted the same-sex occult environment through christian prayer. Outwardly I’ve been treated very well in this area. “a fish out of water” 28 years ago, and still “a fish out of water.”

John

Hello John. Welcome to CF. I'm so sorry the other site was shut down. 'Tis good to have here with us, though. May CF be a blessing to you. :wave:

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

John
Welcome to CF. I hope you find this at least as helpful to you as your previous site.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

John

Angels don't have sex...and I don't imagine how that would effect humans anyway if they did.
Even gays know that gay sex does not create offspring, and everyone knows that
some animals have same sex relations, so what is natural and unnatural is all in
your definitions. Some animals change sex...so changing sex based on your environment or DNA would be natural.

Sin is a contract between you and God so any focus on the sins of others is judging.
Let me give an example: Another member asked me if Jesus sinned when
He made a whip and drove the vendors out of the temple.
My response remains, I cannot judge what is Sin for others.
37 Top Bible Verses About Judging Others - Inspiring Scriptures

Last edited:
Upvote 0

John Goodness

Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2017
Chicago
✟50,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Welcome to CF!

Not quite sure what you mean by "not believing in same-sex". Are you referring to same-sex marriage? Whether you believe it or not, same-sex marriage is already legal in the US and a lot of other countries. And, for every person embracing a same-sex relationship and lifestyle and fully accepting this, there are also folks who struggle with the complexity and challenges that it brings.

I struggle with same sex attraction, something I first noticed when I was 13 years old, and because of shame, I've only shared this to closest family members in the past 12 months after having kept it in the dark for such a long time - almost 29 years to be exact.

I'm very glad I did, as I could say that bringing the information out in the open allows me to address several issues in my life; and it's been a journey that has allowed me to grasp a deeper appreciation of God's love for me.

Keeping it in the dark almost cost me my marriage, and my wife is very hurt and angry at my deception at not being transparent with her when we got married. We're getting counseling now and I'm part of a recovery group at a local church.

I'm committed to my marriage, being a dad to my 3 boys, and to obeying Jesus teaching on sexual integrity. I'm very humbled a few weeks ago when my 18 year old eldest son first learned about my struggle - he told me that he loved me, nothing is going to change at how he views me as a person and a parent, and that he is so grateful that we are part of a church that do not condemn people of their struggles but seek to understand and support them in their walk with Christ instead.

I believe that Christians are called to show love and compassion to sinners, the same love and compassion that our Savior extended to the woman caught in adultery. Contrast this to how the Pharisees were eager to comdemn the woman to death, all were eager to throw the first stone. Jesus did tell the woman to "go and sin no more". It's a command I'm committed to follow, with the Holy Spirit's help, and with the love and support of my family and friends.

Upvote 0

johnlxyz

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2018
Aurora, OR
✟71,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
hi John Goodness,

Thank you for the reply. The Lord is probably aware of the increasing bisexual situation among christians, just as He is aware of the inappropriate contentography situation. The main reason I’ve remained single is that I have a severe sleep deprivation problem (kind of like the “thorn” that the apostle Paul mentioned), and it’s better that noone else should have to put up with that problem.

It’s a miracle in itself that I was able to work full time from about 1977 to 2015 (retired in 2015), driving to work half asleep, working full time (sleeping through lunch), playing racketball at the YMCA after work, and then going back to the apartment and not being able to sleep all night. The Lord has shown me how to use christian prayer (with shields) to get more sleep, and much more important, healing. This gets into what was said in that thread about “targeted individuals.” That might be harder to understand than same-sex.

I lived in the San Francisco bay area, Oakland and San Jose, for almost 20 years, before coming to Portland for 28 years. SF and Portland are almost S & G type cities when it comes to occult bisexuality. One of my favorite women’s soccer player is Megan Rapinoe, who starred with the US Olympic teams and was a standout soccer player for the Univ. of Portland. However, there’s no getting around what the bible says about same-sex practices. I get into trouble saying that a lot of occult bisexuality (limited to the occult part) comes from third world religions like hindu-buddhism (very strong sex vibes), but all things will be revealed. (Luke 8:16, 17)

16) No man, when he hath lighted a candle, covereth it with a vessel, or putteth it under a bed; but setteth it on a candlestick, that they which enter in may see the light.
17) For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.

Reactions: John Goodness
Upvote 0