• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured GWU Offering ‘Christian Privilege’ Training For Students And Faculty

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by Rion, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Shiloh Raven

Shiloh Raven I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

+9,823
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    The last thing the United States needs is a Christian theocracy of various Christians fighting amongst themselves struggling to have their version of Christianity endorsed and enforced. It would be Catholic against Protestant and Protestant against Protestant. Many Christians can't even agree on which bible version is the most accurate version or whether Christians are eternally secure or if Christians can lose their salvation. Countless Protestant churches have splintered and split because the Christians within those congregations couldn't get along and fully agree on doctrine. I think it would be total mayhem.

Given my past experiences with a certain sect of Christians, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the first constitutional right to be scrapped in a new Christian theocracy would be the First Amendment and the freedom of religion. I would say that women's rights would possibly be next. And that's not to mention how terrible it would become for LGBT people and non-Christians (Muslims and atheists in particular). LGBT American citizens already have to fight for civil rights and equality because right wing Christians want to discriminate against them based on biblical beliefs. I think it would be sad to lose all the legal ground that has been gained in the fight for LGBT civil rights and equality.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Vi

Vi Regular Member

+48
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Such a bizzare thing to say.

Anyway. My son, 38, attended his first Xian funeral with a Baptist pastor and he ranted to me how awful the things were that he said. I had to think abt it for a while but boasting abt having the only true salvation, etc. might sound to virgin ears like insulting comments.

3. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Survives on Coffee and Whiskey

+4,820
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    Amen. I like your definition of "privilege". We live in a godless world :(.

4. SarahsKnight

SarahsKnight Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.

+6,418
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    It would appear that, once again, a thread simply that didn't call for it devolves into the subject of homosexuality. How do we keep coming back to this?

It is truly Christianity's pet sin. .... And it is sad.

5. revanneosl

revanneosl Mystically signifying since 1985

+1,379
    Methodist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    The US has been a cat's whisker away from establishing a Christian Theocracy several times in our past, and I have no doubt it will be again in the future. For all their faults, I thank God that the founders included the establishment clause in the First Amendment. The separation of church and state is the very best guarantor of my religious freedom and yours.

6. Shiloh Raven

+9,823
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    Not all Americans have experienced religious freedom as long as other Americans have. In fact, it's only been 40 years since these specific Americans were finally given religious freedom in 1978. These specific Americans, living here in the United States, were denied the freedom of religion for 202 years after this country was supposedly founded on the ideals of freedom, liberty and justice for all.

7. Shiloh Raven

+9,823
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    I have said for a long time that some Christians seem overly concerned and fascinated with a homosexual's love life. It's perplexing to me that a religious person can be so obsessed with the love life of another consenting adult. I mean, what business is it of religious people how a homosexual is intimate with their partner or spouse? Do they not have anything better to do than to concern themselves with how another consenting adult does in their love life? It's just strange to me. I think it's sad that LGBT citizens still have to fight for equality and fight against religious discrimination.

8. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,920
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    If they were the secular population would be really, really upset. Ski vacations would be so messed up. Resorts would lose all kinds of revenue.

9. Hank77

+8,920
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Do you believe that if Jesus were to be on earth making all the laws that His laws would be perfect and just for all men to follow?
    We cannot look at history for this answer because it has never happened in the past.

10. Hank77

+8,920
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Mancos, CO is a cult community? How so?

11. redleghunter

redleghunter Abide Boldy my friend Supporter

+25,054
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Never heard of it to be honest. Thought the poster was giving examples of Mormon cult locations .

12. Hank77

+8,920
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    That is your brand of eschatology. Not everyone sees the millennium the way you do.

13. Hank77

+8,920
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    There are many Christians who do not believe that His kingdom will ever physically be set up on THIS earth.

14. Hank77

+8,920
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    lol, now you are stating the dogs4thewin is a liberal. She is not a liberal.

15. JackRT

JackRT Flat earther waking up ... Supporter

+11,023
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    I am a liberal because it is the only way I know to keep my spiritual and intellectual integrity and remain Christian. As a liberal I strive to never impose my views on anyone or to give anyone crap.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Shiloh Raven

+9,823
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    I share your sentiment, Jack. Being a liberal is the only way I will associate myself with the Christian faith now. Given my experiences, I could never be otherwise and still maintain a good conscience.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  17. Norbert L

Norbert L Well-Known Member Supporter

+460
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    To be honest the imposition of views works both ways. From my experience when going to school and working with liberally minded people in general, once it's known you're a Christian, I've become the poor man in filthy old clothes as the letter of James mentions.

So in my limited corner of Canada, this "GWU Offering ‘Christian Privilege’ Training For Students And Faculty" seems like a secular version of being so heavenly minded, they're of no earthly good.

18. Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth Active Member

+258
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    Jack, If this is the case, why are so many of your posts political (?)
    What is your desired effect of continuously posting on politicized topics like 'privilege', guns, climate change, etc..
    Peace.

19. JackRT

JackRT Flat earther waking up ... Supporter

+11,023
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    I have no problem with posting the truth as I see it. I do not impose my views and, unlike quite a few, I do not call people stupid or liars or demonic in spite of the fact I have been called all of those in these forums.

20. Douglas Hendrickson

Douglas Hendrickson Well-Known Member Supporter

+189
    Pentecostal
    Private
    Because it is the one thing TOTALLY AGAINST CHRIST.

And certain people on this thread are apologizing for it.
    Not a "pet sin," a GROSS INFESTATION.