Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟378,444.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
One of many signs our culture at large is sick and irresponsible when it comes to guns.

Let's see if the mother is heard accountable....(or if she can under Virginia law):

Police say a 6-year-old student shot his teacher at a Virginia elementary school on Friday, and authorities face a difficult and uncomfortable question: How should they prosecute a crime committed by a first-grader?

The investigation is ongoing into the shooting at Richneck Elementary School in Newport News, Va., but police have not wavered in their determination that the attack was deliberate.

"She was providing instruction. He displayed a firearm. He pointed it, and he fired one round," Steve Drew, the city's police chief, said in a Monday press conference. "This shooting was not accidental. It was intentional."

Authorities said the child acquired the gun at home and brought it to school in his backpack. The gun had been legally purchased by his mother.

I'm hoping someone who LOVES guns can come to explain what kind of ecosystem leads to creates a child to do something like this.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟723,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am fully ignorant. Please tell me how it can be known it's a toy gun.

Not trying to antagonize; I'm not a gun person.
First - the toy in the picture is the size that fits a seven year old as evidenced by barrel length and the child's ability to wrap his hand around the trigger guard. That would be the easiest way of telling.

Can you cite a study regarding gun grooming. So far you presented three photo's of juveniles with weapons. Did I miss a study someplace?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟378,444.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Out of curiousity, if that Gaige managed to shoot Rittenhouse (in self defense OBVIOUSLY) then you're reaction would be "he was using his gun in self defence", right?

Two guys with a gun; both angry; both thinking with their reptilian brain. I fail to see how anyone is innocent.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟723,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm hoping someone who LOVES guns can come to explain what kind of ecosystem leads to creates a child to do something like this.
I don't 'love guns', but am a gun owner. The type of eco system that leads to create a child to do something like this?

One that glorifies violent first person shooter games, at six they cannot differentiate between the two.

It's not an 'eco system' - it is how we are raising our children and what we are allowing them to bring into their life. You raise a child in an ecosystem where violence is part of entertainment, or were violence is accepted as a norm, of a valid expression of person's rights; then couple that without properly caring and securing a weapon -

Is it a surprise?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟378,444.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
First - the toy in the picture is the size that fits a seven year old as evidenced by barrel length and the child's ability to wrap his hand around the trigger guard. That would be the easiest way of telling.

Can you cite a study regarding gun grooming. So far you presented three photo's of juveniles with weapons. Did I miss a study someplace?
What kind of rifle is it, or more to YOUR point, what kind of rifle is it meant to mimic?
I have seen other examples of short barrelled assault weapons; why don't you believe this is one of those? Also, he isn't wrapping his finger around the trigger guard; he has his finger bent on trigger. It's not that hard to find pictures of children shooting assault rifles (and thereby being able to wrap their finger around the trigger guard).

There is no study about gun grooming because it is not a studied idea. But you'd be welcome to read up on the sociology of gun culture in America....
I'm sure the ideas are linked

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟723,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Out of curiousity, if that Gaige managed to shoot Rittenhouse (in self defense OBVIOUSLY) then you're reaction would be "he was using his gun in self defence", right?

Two guys with a gun; both angry; both thinking with their reptilian brain. I fail to see how anyone is innocent.
The judge in the case ruled differently. I have to go with the law - Kyle was found not guilty. It is incorrect to call him anything else.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟378,444.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I don't 'love guns', but am a gun owner. The type of eco system that leads to create a child to do something like this?

One that glorifies violent first person shooter games, at six they cannot differentiate between the two.

It's not an 'eco system' - it is how we are raising our children and what we are allowing them to bring into their life. You raise a child in an ecosystem where violence is part of entertainment, or were violence is accepted as a norm, of a valid expression of person's rights; then couple that without properly caring and securing a weapon -
Non sense. FPS..... Do you know how many kids play FPS games? Come on. That's a SUPER lazy answer.

Is it a surprise?
I'd point out the irony that, outside of America, a 6 yr old shooting someone WOULD be a HUGE surprise. And yet you seem nonplussed by it all.

Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟723,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What kind of rifle is it, or more to YOUR point, what kind of rifle is it meant to mimic?
I have seen other examples of short barrelled assault weapons; why don't you believe this is one of those? Also, he isn't wrapping his finger around the trigger guard; he has his finger bent on trigger. It's not that hard to find pictures of children shooting assault rifles (and thereby being able to wrap their finger around the trigger guard).

There is no study about gun grooming because it is not a studied idea. But you'd be welcome to read up on the sociology of gun culture in America....
I'm sure the ideas are linked
Can you cite a study showing gun grooming - not a search, but quote and actual study.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟378,444.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The judge in the case ruled differently. I have to go with the law - Kyle was found not guilty. It is incorrect to call him anything else.
Sure...because of how it happenned to play out. I fail to see how thye BOTH wouldn't have been able to convince a jury that their lives were in mortal danger. Kyle shot first and better....that's why he's supported. NOT because he was ACTUALLY right.

That's the problem with gun laws.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟723,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Non sense. FPS..... Do you know how many kids play FPS games? Come on. That's a SUPER lazy answer.

Absolutely not :

“First-person shooter” games have been discussed in connection with violence over and over. Participants take on the role of a shooter fighting opponents in a war-like situation using different weapons. The Norwegian killer is said to have participated in such worlds intensely before he killed dozens of people in Oslo’s government district and on the vacation island of Utoya. And after the shooting sprees in Erfurt, Emsdetten and Winnenden, the debate whether violent games lower the inhibition threshold and result in violent behavior was revived again.​
Psychologists, epileptologists and neurologists from the University of Bonn studied the effect of shoot ’em up game images and other emotionally charged photos on the brain activity of heavy gamers.​
“Compared to people who abstain from first-person shooters, they show clear differences in how emotions are controlled,” reported lead author Dr. Christian Montag from the Institute of Psychology at the University of Bonn.​

I'd point out the irony that, outside of America, a 6 yr old shooting someone WOULD be a HUGE surprise. And yet you seem nonplussed by it all.
You are mistaken - I am addressing the topic from a factual viewpoint - your interpretation of dramatic reaction from me has ZERO to do with the topic.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟723,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did you miss the part where I said it is not a studied idea?
Then why are we speaking about something that there is no study to support the topic?

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟208,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
A six year-old shot his teacher in Virginia today.
So yes, it has gone too far.
kyle isn't the example here. Did this kid shoot in self defense? No, I think we will probably find, when all the facts come out, this will be more of an example of inner city shootings at school or in their neighborhoods. Gang wanna be etc.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟841,957.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why is our society selling toy guns that mimic a weapon of war?
here I draw the line :)

Seriously, we played cowboys and indians as kids, and watched violent westerns and cartoons.

That is NOT the problem in the 2020's.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟318,868.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
If you imagine he should have passively allowed a violent mob of criminals to murder him without resistance....your morality is difficult to understand.
No one would have died if he was not there. His fault.

• Agree
Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟318,868.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
England has the same love for fps games: but curiously our level of gun crime is nowhere near yours. So it’s fps games.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟378,444.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Then why are we speaking about something that there is no study to support the topic?
Ditto "sexual grooming" by transgender people.

But they aren't killing anyone so it really isn't as important.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,139,461.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Er...he's six.

Irresponsible parents. Troubled kid.

Ask any public school teacher.

The typical American family isn't Ozzie and Harriet with Ozzie taking his boys on an annual hunting trip with Harriet handing them a picnic basket and waving at the door.

And this is why the Ozzie and Harriet families that are left are going to have to suck it up and get serious about sensible gun restrictions instead of shrugging off the deaths and mass shootings while whining and complaining about their rights.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟327,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't see it. If I had to guess, that's a 10.5" or 11" barrel, which is far from uncommon on the AR15 platform (and they make shorter), and he's not securely wrapping his hand around the grip - notice that his fingers aren't bent until the second knuckle. That looks like it's probably a standard-sized grip to me. Even if it wasn't, most AR15 lowers are modular, and there are companies that make smaller grips. You can even find threads talking about the best AR15 grip to get for a child.

Upvote 0