Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well Saucy the number of guns, the type of guns does matter. Flags should have been raised to stop him from continuing to stockpile.
Nope. He hadn't broken any laws. He hadn't committed any violent acts.
A man with a truck killed 84 or 89 people and injured many more. You could take away every gun and you are not going to stop a committed killer.

The only real difference it would make in this country is that there would be an even larger black market for guns.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟254,531.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The problem is not the guns. Take away the guns, or make their use impractical, and criminals will merely resort to other weapons to achieve their desired result.

Do you have evidence to support this claim? You should not assume that people will substitute with other weapons. A gun makes killing much easier than, say, a knife.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,122,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That happened 22 years ago. Mass shootings, they're pretty much a weekly event in the US.
What are you calling mass shootings? Most mass shootings, of the more than 4 victims killed or injured kind, only have one gun involved.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Speaking banks and guns. When I first moved here 40 yrs ago I needed a $1,000 loan to get through until my new job started and I got my first check. The local bank gave me that loan using two rifles as collateral. They didn't know me from Adam but they were well aware of what those rifles were worth.
Some people collect guns and guns are an investment for some people. Just as some women invest in jewels. It's quick cash when you need it. What you are saying is that people should only be allowed to own so many guns without being intimated by law enforcement.

Well Hank, were those rifles the type that can shoot off hundreds of rounds in half a minute?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,122,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That happened 22 years ago. Mass shootings, they're pretty much a weekly event in the US.
The Boston bombers used pressure cookers and metal projectiles that fit in backpacks. Three were killed but over 200 were injured, including lose of limbs, etc.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
What are you calling mass shootings? Most mass shootings, of the more than 4 victims killed or injured kind, only have one gun involved.

Using the FBI's definition of it. There's been 1,516 mass shootings in 1,735 days in America.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The Boston bombers used pressure cookers and metal projectiles that fit in backpacks. Three were killed but over 200 were injured, including lose of limbs, etc.

That happened how many years ago, Hank? 4?

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Oklahoma City bombing. 168 dead, almost 700 injured.
Do you think Mcveigh et al had a harder time getting their bomb together than the LV shooter had getting his arsenal together? How many mass shootings have occured in the period between any two bombings you care to cite?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I love it. Three senators will be connected to a Christian forum and they will see the response to your OP. Good.

Sure they will. But no one had supported a good case so far.
My proposal has no governmental control over legal owners.
I could even pair it with less background checking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I will include pressure cookers in the bill. We need to track exploding cookers for safety reasons.
"Help, my pressure cooker exploded and I can't get up!"

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,122,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well Hank, were those rifles the type that can shoot off hundreds of rounds in half a minute?
The type of guns he used couldn't do that without a bump stock. Bump stocks should be illegal and I don't have any problem with limiting the size of magazines in any gun.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The type of guns he used couldn't do that without a bump stock. Bump stocks should be illegal and I don't have any problem with limiting the size of magazines in any gun.

Well at least we agree on that but there's plenty of folks howling in protest.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You can create a bump trigger with rubber bands.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,122,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Using the FBI's definition of it. There's been 1,516 mass shootings in 1,735 days in America.
And those shootings are what? How many victims and how many guns are used? Have you investigated to find out what you are referring to?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just as some women invest in jewels. It's quick cash when you need it. What you are saying is that people should only be allowed to own so many guns without being intimated by law enforcement.

My proposal in the OP does not limit ownership, but would restrict
gunfire to legal areas. Cities may choose a total ban on gunfire.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,122,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you think Mcveigh et al had a harder time getting their bomb together than the LV shooter had getting his arsenal together? How many mass shootings have occured in the period between any two bombings you care to cite?
Please explain to me what your definition of a mass shooting is.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Suppressors are not illegal, just regulated by the NFA.

You are somewhat correct.

"To legally possess a suppressor, I must receive special permission from the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE). I am required to pay a special $200 tax to receive that permission. I am required to fill out extensive paperwork (far longer and more intrusive than what is required to purchase an actual firearm) and provide BATFE with a photograph and two sets of fingerprints.

I am required to inform my chief local law enforcement officer that I am in possession of a National Firearms Act (NFA) item. I am required to keep all of my paperwork with the NFA item wherever it goes. And I must get permission from BATFE to cross state lines with that NFA item. Right now, that approval process takes upward of a year. So if I were to walk into a federal gun dealer who is licensed to sell NFA items today, I’d be lucky if I could take possession of a simple suppressor before 2018."
http://thefederalist.com/2017/01/09...encers-work-here-are-some-facts-to-help-them/

Upvote 0