✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Again....

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...-at-vice-presidents-dc-home-on-christmas-eve/

I'm not from Texas but I gotta say that I personally would prefer actual leadership (whose electrical grid is getting bailed out by the feds....again?) To performative leadership that endangers people and does literally nothing but trolling.

We don't allow trolling on christian forums but it seems you can use ACTUAL HUMANS to troll in americans politics.

I wonder why someone would be ok with this.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I agree, that's a horrible thing to do to people. Yes, we need a better system. There's no doubt our immigration system is broken. But using people that way is low down. It was Christmas Eve. Put those people up for the night and feed them. Show some kindness and treat people with some humanity.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Again....

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...-at-vice-presidents-dc-home-on-christmas-eve/

I'm not from Texas but I gotta say that I personally would prefer actual leadership (whose electrical grid is getting bailed out by the feds....again?) To performative leadership that endangers people and does literally nothing but trolling.

We don't allow trolling on christian forums but it seems you can use ACTUAL HUMANS to troll in americans politics.

Texas doesn't have the resources to care for them. Abbot sent them someplace that does.

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Texas doesn't have the resources to care for them. Abbot sent them someplace that does.
If the city of Washington D.C. has more resources for homeless immigrants than the entire state of Texas, something is wrong with Texas. He sent them in t-shirts to the streets in freezing weather. Who does that?

It is clear the Abbott and DeSantis are in a contest to see who can own the libs through mistreatment of immigrants.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
1. Yet ANOTHER way Abbot is failing Texas then hey?

2. He DROPPED THEM OFF outside a private residence in a storm. Thats not bringing them somewhere that has resources. He could have e told that driver to drop them off ANYWHERE.

That's something an awful person does.

3. Why didn't he arrange for the people to be dropped off at the organization they ended up at? It's not like the migrants would have the first idea of what to go.

4. Stop being happy with performative leadership and expect better.... at least expect better from him as a human being.

Humans as the governor's chattel...in the United States. And people defend it? In a "christian nation"?

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
VP Harris was put in charge of the border and she has no clue what happens down there. Neither do the Democrats apparently. MILLIONS have crossed the border. The shelters are full in the south.

Yet a tiny number of those who crossed show up on blue country and suddenly it is a crisis? Suddenly the Democrats are going to pretend they care about the illegals who cross? Don't waste your breath with your phony self righteousness, hypocrites.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again....

For years the liberals have been bringing illegals across the border with no plan to care for them. The general sediment is that liberals want them to come here, but not to their states, cities, and homes. As long as Texas, Florida, and Arizona have to deal with this crisis, they are ok with it.
I think it is a good idea to send the unfortunates to the States, cities, and neighborhoods where people have voted to have them here. I admire their compassion and benevolence. They should be happy for the opportunity to put their compassion to work for these unfortunate people they invited to the county. I am sure the prosperous blue states in the NE and NW have plenty of resources, certainly more than the poor countries along the Mexican border. I agree... these are not political pawns. Stop bringing millions of them into the county unless you have a plan how to distribute them across the country to places that have the resources and desire to deal with them.. Don't just bring them here, leave them in the desert, and then get mad because someone sends them to your city. They have to go somewhere. Where do liberals suggest they go?
Someone did not think this through.

Reactions: SashaMaria
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
1. Yet ANOTHER way Abbot is failing Texas then hey?

2. He DROPPED THEM OFF outside a private residence in a storm. Thats not bringing them somewhere that has resources. He could have e told that driver to drop them off ANYWHERE.

That's something an awful person does.

3. Why didn't he arrange for the people to be dropped off at the organization they ended up at? It's not like the migrants would have the first idea of what to go.

4. Stop being happy with performative leadership and expect better.... at least expect better from him as a human being.

Humans as the governor's chattel...in the United States. And people defend it? In a "christian nation"?

When they were in Texas they were simply wandering the streets with no place to go. And Abbot is not "failing Texas". He is shining a spotlight on a problem created by the Biden administration. They want to see thousands of people crossing the border with no place to go only to dump them off on the States.

You should stop being content with merely making unwarranted accusations for the sake of scoring political points.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If the city of Washington D.C. has more resources for homeless immigrants than the entire state of Texas, something is wrong with Texas. He sent them in t-shirts to the streets in freezing weather. Who does that?

It is clear the Abbott and DeSantis are in a contest to see who can own the libs through mistreatment of immigrants.

The State of Texas has run out of resources because of the problem Washington has created. And they are not mistreating immigrants anymore than the Biden administration is mistreating them by allowing them to die in the desert.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
VP Harris was put in charge of the border and she has no clue what happens down there. Neither do the Democrats apparently. MILLIONS have crossed the border. The shelters are full in the south.

Yet a tiny number of those who crossed show up on blue country and suddenly it is a crisis? Suddenly the Democrats are going to pretend they care about the illegals who cross? Don't waste your breath with your phony self righteousness, hypocrites.
We are all aware of the crisis going on at the borders. That does not legitimize the circumstance of what Abbott did. Drop them off at a shelter in another state. That is how you care for them. Pretty easy really.

I care about illegals who are tricked and used as pawns.

When you say "care", do you mean "show compassion towards" or "kick them out of the US?'

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bah, humbug! May the Ghost of Christmas future show him what happens to the heartless.
You don't have any children... that is part of what happens.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,301.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It was Christmas Eve. Put those people up for the night and feed them. Show some kindness and treat people with some humanity.
Kamala had her chance handed to her, to do
just that.
Being without character, she sent them away.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Kamala had her chance handed to her, to do
just that.
Being without character, she sent them away.

Yes, that would have been wonderful had she done that. It would have been wonderful if Abbott had done that. Gratefully, the good folks at the Migrant Solidarity Mutual Aid Network did that. They get my respect.

Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He is shining a spotlight on a problem created by the Biden administration.
I started a thread this morning on how Title 42 expulsions (started by the Trump administration and still supported by Republicans) are likely exacerbating the border problem. Nobody’s commented on it yet.

Sanctions on countries like Cuba and Venezuela also make the border situation worse. Republicans support those, too.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,301.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Is there any known concern for families that
wait years trying to reunite, doing it the legal way?
Or of course, highly qualified indiciduals. Do t bother
waiting you will never arrive.

I came into the US legally, through the front
door. Never mind the time and expense, just to be a student..

Mid semester some fat a.. swivel chair
bureaucrat with a quota sent me notice I
have three weeks to leave. Like I don't have
enough to do, I have to fight that.

Very small example of how stupid and feckless
it is.

American immigration is heartless, and, insane.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
American immigration is heartless, and, insane.

I agree. I'm not smart enough to know what needs to happen to make it better, but it's not working as things stand.

Upvote 0