Antigua
✟17,386.00
Country
Antigua And Barbuda
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hiya. Not too great with introductions so please bear with me.

Names April, I'm somehow 28 years old. Haven't really done much at all with most of it.

Grew up around semi-religious parents. My background includes a Caribbean maternal descent, and Southern (but born Yankee) American paternal descent. I grew up in NC. I now live with my grandmother in the islands.

I've always believed, but never really tried to draw close or seek God as I always felt unworthy and unlikely to succeed. As the curtain draws closer to shutting however, I don't want to be judged as having squandered his blessings or a hypocrite.

I just don't know how to love, understand and seek God and his word when I feel hollow inside.

Hope this is sufficient.
Any insight into where I should focus on here would be wonderful.

April303

Jul 7, 2021
Antigua
✟17,386.00
Country
Antigua And Barbuda
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome April!

Do you attend a church? If not that's a pretty good place to start sorting it out. Good luck and God bless.
I'm aware I need to go to get baptised. But I only went (to my grandmother's) a handful of times over the years. Partly because I embarrassed myself once, and also it's small community .... So everyone knows everyone... It befuddles me how quickly they begin to gossip the moment they step out of the door. I don't want to be stared at and pried for private info or feel zapped of energy, wary of who I can trust, who I can talk to, what to say, what not to say. If only I could join in the fellowship invisibly.

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Names April, I'm somehow 28 years old. Haven't really done much at all with most of it.

Welcome April. There are a lot of forums here for Christian fellowship, places to share you faith with fellow Christians, and see the "prayer wall" where people share their own prayer requests and we pray for them - as well as forums where people from various denominational backgrounds compare notes on different topics in places like "General Theology".

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm aware I need to go to get baptised. But I only went (to my grandmother's) a handful of times over the years. Partly because I embarrassed myself once, and also it's small community .... So everyone knows everyone... It befuddles me how quickly they begin to gossip the moment they step out of the door. I don't want to be stared at and pried for private info or feel zapped of energy, wary of who I can trust, who I can talk to, what to say, what not to say. If only I could join in the fellowship invisibly.

You can join in the CF forums and don't need anyone to know you are watching - nothing shows up - but at the same time you can post and you don't have to be a saint or "all knowing" to post something either asking a question or saying "hey I have always thought that such-and-such was what the Bible teaches".

Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@April303

You did a good job in your introduction. Bearing with you is a thing manageable. 28 years old, that is okay that you did not do much with your life. That is interesting you a descent of those whom are from the Caribbean, mixed with a little bit of southern hospitality. North Carolina; the moved back to the islands, very cool.

Always a believer just never tried to draw close to or seek God. Always feeling unworthy (me too), feeling of unlikely to succeed (me too do not feel alone in that; speaking to you as a

One of the best things to learn about God's love is to look and read the Gospels friend. Look and see how Jesus Christ acted, and what He had said (there are some things that are difficult to fully understand) but if you are a believer in life, death, burial, and resurrection of Christ Jesus - You can actually learn more about Jesus Christ and know him better than those who saw Him in the flesh now today.

Sounds though you may be depressed and void of understanding to have joy in the things that God has provided for us to have in this life which is to be able to have joy, love, peace, kindness, gentleness.

This world can be oppressive my dear friend. As a friend, hugs to you. There is only so much I can do from here, but my encouragement would be to read the bible even if you do not understand it (New Testament) call out to the Father and tell him your troubles, ask for relief and have faith friend.

Have a deep rooted faith and trust God to help.

God is a mighty God of understanding, God is compassionate, God is spirit, God is a consuming fire, God is merciful, God is forgiving, God is faithful, God is a Deliverer, God is Light, God is love. (These are all biblical descriptions of God that can be seen through the Actions (With Gods spirit living in the) of Lord Jesus Christ friend, be encouraged).

Upvote 0

April303

Jul 7, 2021
Antigua
✟17,386.00
Country
Antigua And Barbuda
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@April303

You did a good job in your introduction. Bearing with you is a thing manageable. 28 years old, that is okay that you did not do much with your life. That is interesting you a descent of those whom are from the Caribbean, mixed with a little bit of southern hospitality. North Carolina; the moved back to the islands, very cool.

Always a believer just never tried to draw close to or seek God. Always feeling unworthy (me too), feeling of unlikely to succeed (me too do not feel alone in that; speaking to you as a

One of the best things to learn about God's love is to look and read the Gospels friend. Look and see how Jesus Christ acted, and what He had said (there are some things that are difficult to fully understand) but if you are a believer in life, death, burial, and resurrection of Christ Jesus - You can actually learn more about Jesus Christ and know him better than those who saw Him in the flesh now today.

Sounds though you may be depressed and void of understanding to have joy in the things that God has provided for us to have in this life which is to be able to have joy, love, peace, kindness, gentleness.

This world can be oppressive my dear friend. As a friend, hugs to you. There is only so much I can do from here, but my encouragement would be to read the bible even if you do not understand it (New Testament) call out to the Father and tell him your troubles, ask for relief and have faith friend.

Have a deep rooted faith and trust God to help.

God is a mighty God of understanding, God is compassionate, God is spirit, God is a consuming fire, God is merciful, God is forgiving, God is faithful, God is a Deliverer, God is Light, God is love. (These are all biblical descriptions of God that can be seen through the Actions (With Gods spirit living in the) of Lord Jesus Christ friend, be encouraged).
Thanks you for the encouragement :)
I've made it to Acts, and some books are easier to read than others. The parables trip me up as Im not the brightest crayon in the box. But hopefully with more prayer and reads, the meaning will be made known to me so that I can accept and understand the message for use in my life.

Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Glad you find it encouraging friend. That is wonderful to know you have been through a lot of the books, one of the books I’ve never read all the through has been the book of acts. Maybe one day will get through. A reminder to you is that simply put loving God and loving others first in your life, maintain your life of whatever you may do as far as work, enjoy being creative in your own way, and when you make it home at the end of the day, enjoy your rest. That is what it is all about. If we put God first in our lives and pray for others and love them (even if life might seem lonely) you must remind yourself that God is with you, and he loves and cares about deeply, desires to help you in your spiritual walk with Him by and through faith on His Son our Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

Grew up around semi-religious parents. My background includes a Caribbean maternal descent, and Southern (but born Yankee) American paternal descent. I grew up in NC. I now live with my grandmother in the islands.

I've always believed, but never really tried to draw close or seek God as I always felt unworthy and unlikely to succeed. As the curtain draws closer to shutting however, I don't want to be judged as having squandered his blessings or a hypocrite.

I just don't know how to love, understand and seek God and his word when I feel hollow inside.

Hope this is sufficient.
Continue asking. If you belong to him, he will not leave you alone with your quest to know and love him. Your 'Christian Victory' is his to judge, even your obedience; we don't know what we are doing. He is taking you through life for HIS sake.

Upvote 0

Cormack

“I bet you're a real hulk on the internet...”
Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Welcome onboard, @April303. Prayer wall is a great place to see, give and receive encouragement. Controversial Christianity and any forum to do with creationism or evolution are great areas to argue. :tearsofjoy: It all depends what you think you need. I’m sure you’ll be an encouragement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Hope this is sufficient.

Here is a solid site for understanding of the Bible in many areas. But their main focus is, the teaching of the message of Eternal Life.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello April, welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

View attachment 302068

05c8192c72896f3ad2fb960453b32d0a.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums