Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would people without a serious sin and rebellion problem need restoring?
Did i say no one has a "serious sin and rebellion problem"?

Saint Steven said:
No one with a sense of God's plan for Universal Restoration would say that.

Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟129,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fervent said:
So what the Bible literally says should simply be discarded, why?
There's no discarding, "atonement" is not salvation. Through Jesus death is defeated, the issue of sin is dealt with. All sins are atoned for, but unbelief remains separating man from God.

Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The saw cuts both ways. You want to lay that on me but won't take it on yourselves.

Our forum rules themselves call Universalism an unorthodox position, and prohibit anyone from encouraging someone to engage in homosexual acts, among other things. Both things GracePointe is doing, and yes I get they can be discussed here.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our forum rules themselves call Universalism an unorthodox position, and prohibit anyone from encouraging someone to engage in homosexual acts, among other things. Both things GracePointe is doing, and yes I get they can be discussed here.
Gracepointe is not encouraging homosexual acts. They are only condoned within a monogamous legal marriage. (as I understand it)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Gracepointe is not encouraging homosexual acts. They are only condoned within a monogamous legal marriage. (as I understand it)

Homosexual acts aren't going on in this 'marriage'? It isn't a marriage, it's a farce and a travesty. Would a man marrying his dog be a marriage if it was legal?

Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟129,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was considered unorthodox in his day. Was that wrong?
Was He, though? The Pharisee's and scribes, the Sauducees, and the people all turned to Him for His teachings. He wasn't rejected for teaching strange doctrine, in fact the Jewish authorities routinely tried to trip Him up into saying something out of keeping. So unorthodox is not quite the right word.

Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Was He, though? The Pharisee's and scribes, the Sauducees, and the people all turned to Him for His teachings. He wasn't rejected for teaching strange doctrine, in fact the Jewish authorities routinely tried to trip Him up into saying something out of keeping. So unorthodox is not quite the right word.

Exactly, he was only unorthodox to the Pharisees, who grossly added to Scripture with hundreds of man made rules, and to the Saducees, who subtracted from Scripture much like today's revisionists, and to those who didn't recognize the prophecies He fulfilled.

Jesus was conservative in His theology, but liberal in His ethos, or how he treated people and who He approached. He interacted with sinners, but didn't leave them in their sin as GracePointe does.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Homosexual acts aren't going on in this 'marriage'? It isn't a marriage, it's a farce and a travesty. Would a man marrying his dog be a marriage if it was legal?
If marrying a dog was legal, it would most certainly be a marriage. At least in legal terms.

I'll have to draw the line at cats, however. - lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I disagree.

Matthew 7:28-29 NIV
When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, 29 because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm only concerned with what is legal in God's eyes.
Is polygamy legal in God's eyes? Did he condone it? Is slavery legal in God's eyes? did he condone it? Did he restore Sodom?

Ezekiel 16:53
“‘However, I will restore the fortunes of Sodom and her daughters and of Samaria and her daughters, and your fortunes along with them,

Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟129,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I disagree.

Matthew 7:28-29 NIV
When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, 29 because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law.
That doesn't say He was unorthodox, they marveled at His manner of teaching not the teaching themselves. The scribes would always cite the tradition from which they were teaching, naming masters and quoting them. Jesus on the other hand taught "as one who had authority," meaning He didn't pin it to a master's tradition. The authorities were constantly trying to get Him to teach something they could hold against Him because His teaching was directly from Scripture and outside of a few clarifications was very orthodox within the wisdom traditions.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That doesn't say He was unorthodox, they marveled at His manner of teaching not the teaching themselves. The scribes would always cite the tradition from which they were teaching, naming masters and quoting them. Jesus on the other hand taught "as one who had authority," meaning He didn't pin it to a master's tradition. The authorities were constantly trying to get Him to teach something they could hold against Him because His teaching was directly from Scripture and outside of a few clarifications was very orthodox within the wisdom traditions.
So, you are claiming that Jesus was teaching orthodox Judaism? What's wrong with this picture? - lol

Upvote 0