Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Grace= is essentially unmerited favor from God

Grace period=6th dispensation of time we live in now

Base scripture: Romans 6:1-2King James Version
6 (1) What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
(2) God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

In order to really understand the terminology known as grace it helps to know what gives you access to grace, there is a bible verse for example which says essentially that by faith we have access to his grace. The bible even presents this "formula" in biblical stories throughout the bible as well.

Faith= stems from the Greek word Pistis

Pistis= To believe but also be reliable, dedicated converted

Conclusion: In order to be converted you can't be half in half out.You're not reliable if you are asking God to cover you with "grace" every time you do something but you're unclean and/or unsaved and not available to be used by God. If you aren't saved you're not reliable, if you aren't praying you're not reliable, if you're not fasting you're not reliable. This also shows us that grace isn't some insurance policy for repetitive sins becuase those who walk in faith are expected to grow and mature and be free of sinful holds.
Romans 6:18King James Version (KJV)
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Grace in my words= Is a covering for those striving to be perfect as their father in heaven is perfect walking in Faith. GOd understands people aren't perfect so grace covers the areas you lack or fall short in in this walk each day. And the more progress we make the less he has to cover and the closer towards perfection saved folk can become.

Last edited:

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If grace is unmerited favour from God, how can grace hinge on our personal goodness?
Unmerited simply means you can't pay it back. It doesn't mean it's just free for anyone who doesn't want it cause if you want it you'll walk in faith. Like sure it's open for anyone to have but if you don't want it and don't walk in faith you aren't accepting it so you don't get it. It's not forced

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If grace is unmerited favour from God, how can grace hinge on our personal goodness?
Like the gift of the Holy Spirit for example. Sure it's open for anyone but if you don't repent and walk in faith and choose to have it then yeah... like if someone sends me a gift I can choose to not accept it and use it.

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Grace as a period of time is relative to a door that becomes shut; and that which is without, an I never knew you (but like all things, depending where you are at, is what you will hear).

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Grace is the gift that is given as an unmerited favor but is not itself unmerited favor. Grace is the power of God to live righteously and overcome sin in our lives (Titus 2:11-14). Grace has always been an attribute of God that he has shown to people throughout both the OT and NT (Genesis 6:8, Exodus 34:6-7, Psalms 119:29), so while dispensationalism is false in general because God eternal and does not change, it is particularly false if the implication is that others times have not been times of grace. It is out of God's mercy that He delays judgement so that we have a chance to repent. It is through faith that we trust God to guide us to live righteously and to avoid sin and by grace that God gives us the power to do so.

• Informative
Reactions: JESUS=G.O.A.T
Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Grace is the gift that is given as an unmerited favor but is not itself unmerited favor. Grace is the power of God to live righteously and overcome sin in our lives (Titus 2:11-14). Grace has always been an attribute of God that he has shown to people throughout both the OT and NT (Genesis 6:8, Exodus 34:6-7, Psalms 119:29), so while dispensationalism is false in general because God eternal and does not change, it is particularly false if the implication is that others times have not been times of grace. It is out of God's mercy that He delays judgement so that we have a chance to repent. It is through faith that we trust God to guide us to live righteously and to avoid sin and by grace that God gives us the power to do so.
of course we disagree based off my OP vs the reply but I can appreciate your view.

Even just looking at both of our footnotes shows we clearly hold very different religious views so of course our views on grace would differ.

Also would like to point out the KJV and other sources define grace as unmerited favor btw then again there are other definitions for it as well I suppose but they usually come from bias sources towards a particular faith.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
of course we disagree based off my OP vs the reply but I can appreciate your view.

Even just looking at both of our footnotes shows we clearly hold very different religious views so of course our views on grace would differ.

Can you explain your take on this verse?

Psalms 119:29 Put false ways far from me and graciously teach me your law!

It seems clear to me that the way God shows His grace to people His people in the OT by teaching them to obey His Law and therefore that the OT was also a time of grace. Strong's defines "grace" as "the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life" and straightforwardly when God's will is reflected in our lives it takes the form of obedience to His commands. We are by grace what God is by nature and His Laws teaches us how to rightly live in a way that reflects His nature to the world by faith.

Also would like to point out the KJV and other sources define grace as unmerited favor btw then again there are other definitions for it as well I suppose but they usually come from bias sources towards a particular faith.

To clarify, I agree that grace is unmerited favor, but I am speaking about what that favor specifically is. In other words, then way that God shows His unmerited favor to us is by training us in how to rightly live in accordance with His command. In Titus 2:11-14, it says that our salvation involves being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good and to renounce doing what is ungodly and sinful, so that is the content of the unmerited favor.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Can you explain your take on this verse?

Psalms 119:29 Put false ways far from me and graciously teach me your law!

It seems clear to me that the way God shows His grace to people His people in the OT by teaching them to obey His Law and therefore that the OT was also a time of grace. Strong's defines "grace" as "the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life" and straightforwardly when God's will is reflected in our lives it takes the form of obedience to His commands. We are by grace what God is by nature and His Laws teaches us how to rightly live in a way that reflects His nature to the world by faith.

To clarify, I agree that grace is unmerited favor, but I am speaking about what that favor specifically is. In other words, then way that God shows His unmerited favor to us is by training us in how to rightly live in accordance with His command. In Titus 2:11-14, it says that our salvation involves being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good and to renounce doing what is ungodly and sinful, so that is the content of the unmerited favor.

1. Calling a period of time "grace period" doesn't mean that grace as a term is first introduced in the NT anymore then the book of revelations in the NT means that. God showed grace in a way to many prophets in the OT and many of those same prophets received revelations just as John received revelations for of course the book of revelations. The reason this period (by most christians) is thought of as a grace period is because it's a sort of extended period of time we have been given, a pause placed on a period of time mentioned in Daniel.

2. Your OT example only supports my OP, I clearly pointed out how faith isn't just believing but being reliable and dedicated and how are you reliable and dedicated??? As JESUS tells us "they that love me will obey my commandments". Obedience is a part of being faithful and by faith we have access to his grace.

3. I'm not sure the point of titus 2:11-14 and your last explanation....I am saying almost the same thing in my OP.

Upvote 0