Can an infant at death ever be condemned?

Can an infant or a fetus who passes away, ever be lost in eternity?

• Yes all are.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, unless they are baptized.

• Yes, God looks into their future and sees if they would be sinners.

• Yes, God simply chooses some to be sinners giving them the negative predestiny.

• Yes, some of them reject God from their mother's wombs. God cannot reach them. They are cursed.

• Something else.

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Catholics believe that when parents decide on their infants baptism, and have it done, that the baby receives Christ. Otherwise if he or she dies, the old teaching was they end up in Limbo. But the current beliefs are different, and assume automatic salvation of babies.
Limbo was never official doctrine of the Church.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Limbo was never official doctrine of the Church.
No, but some of us were taught that in the RCC in the 70s. Also I used to pray the Rosary for the aborted. The painting on the pamphlet was of Mother Mary with dirty fingernails and a fetus in her hand. 1991. Now the RCC teaches infants always obtain life. True?

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
No, but some of us were taught that in the RCC in the 70s. Also I used to pray the Rosary for the aborted. The painting on the pamphlet was of Mother Mary with dirty fingernails and a fetus in her hand. 1991. Now the RCC teaches infants always obtain life. True?
Essentially, we commend them to the mercy of God.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Catholics believe that when parents decide on their infants baptism, and have it done, that the baby receives Christ. Otherwise if he or she dies, the old teaching was they end up in Limbo. But the current beliefs are different, and assume automatic salvation of babie
well that isn't what the bible teaches .... one must confess their sin and turn away from it .... a baby has no knowledge of what sin is. The "assumption" is by the Catholics, they believe of an "immortal soul" (therefore a "Limbo") ..... we are mortal ... we die an earthly death and are dormant in the grave until resurrection.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
well that isn't what the bible teaches .... one must confess their sin and turn away from it .... a baby has no knowledge of what sin is. The "assumption" is by the Catholics, they believe of an "immortal soul" (therefore a "Limbo") ..... we are mortal ... we die an earthly death and are dormant in the grave until resurrection.
Are you SDA? Most Christian do not accept soul sleep or soul mortality.

Blessings

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
There are Bible verses in which Jesus preaches to the antediluvian souls in Hell. He agrees more with the Pharisees than the Saducees on afterlife matters. YHWH is God of the living, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob... the two witnesses, the 24 elders, and Lazarus is portrayed with Abraham in paradise at the initial time the Gospel was pronounced. Now the gates of Heaven are open and there they are.

In NDEs, people have seen many infants being raised in Heaven.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
In NDEs, people have seen many infants being raised in Heaven.
Hello GoldenKingGaze, I've never heard that claim before. Interesting! Of course, I don't give NDE's much more credence (if any) than I would give to simple conjecture. We'll know when we get there (or as one of my friends used to say, "die and learn") :)

--David

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Hello GoldenKingGaze, I've never heard that claim before. Interesting! Of course, I don't give NDE's much more credence (if any) than I would give to simple conjecture. We'll know when we get there (or as one of my friends used to say, "die and learn") :)

--David
I'd say NDEs are testimonial. 1 in 20 people have had one. There are organizations that document them. They can be deceptive.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is one of the problems when you have over a billion Catholics. That is why the Catholic Church uses a catechism. Theologians speculate as to things such as Limbo, and it is important to differentiate theological speculation from dogma. We don't know what happens to infants who die without Baptism, but we can trust in the mercy of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Here are some similar threads and polls: