Government's social distancing guidelines in opposition to the Word of God?

Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When it comes to gathering to worship God at local churches that is? I see this as a precursor to persecution coming to the people of God. I realise we need to use common sense in avoiding sickness. But the Bible says to obey government unless it directly opposes the commandments of God. And we of course know how we're told to not forsake the assembling of ourselves together etc. I'm just wondering if this continues, will people be thinking of this when they're told to keep isolating on Sundays or whenever the day comes when you and I get together. Your thoughts please.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When it comes to gathering to worship God at local churches that is? I see this as a precursor to persecution coming to the people of God. I realise we need to use common sense in avoiding sickness. But the Bible says to obey government unless it directly opposes the commandments of God.

But it never does say that. Thanks for trying.

1 Peter 2:13-17
2 Peter 2:10
Titus 3
1 Timothy 2
Psalms 22:28
Daniel 2:20-21
Romans 13
Deuteronomy 16:18-20
Revelation 1
Romans 13
Proverbs 21
John 19:11
Mark 3:24
Proverbs 29
Proverbs 8:15
Psalms 94:20
Deuteronomy 28
Daniel 2:21
John 19:10-11
Jude 1:8
Colossians 1:15-17
Ecclesiastes 10:20
Acts 8:32
Acts 23:5
Matthew 10:38

Exodus 22:28
“You shall not revile God, nor curse a ruler of your people.

Acts 23:5
And Paul said, “I did not know, brothers, that he was the high priest,
for it is written, ‘You shall not speak evil of a ruler of your people.’”

What Does the Bible Say About Government?
What Does the Bible Say About Authority?

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Excuse me brother, but it does. I know of at least one place in fact. I would be more dogmatic if I had more than one reference at the moment.. (not to build a doctrine with at least 2 or 3 witnesses)

But I know specifically in my own life where I was confronted by police to stop street preaching and God's Holy Spirit answered me with Acts 5:29 when I asked the Lord if I should stop or keep going.. And I kept on and got arrested.

And what would you tell all the underground Christians in North Korea, China, and other places where they are "illegally" worshiping God and studying the scripture?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And we of course know how we're told to not forsake the assembling of ourselves together etc. I'm just wondering if this continues, will people be thinking of this when they're told to keep isolating on Sundays or whenever the day comes when you and I get together. Your thoughts please.

God only authorizes two people to fellowship.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Excuse me brother, but it does. I know of at least one place in fact. I would be more dogmatic if I had more than one reference at the moment.. (not to build a doctrine with at least 2 or 3 witnesses)

But I know specifically in my own life where I was confronted by police to stop street preaching and God's Holy Spirit answered me with Acts 5:29. And I kept on and got arrested.

Correct. Local law is The Fathers will on earth.
As Jesus claimed before his death and also cemented his words, with His death
by submitting his life to local law.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They told the apostle to stop teaching in His name. He kept on. They threw him in jail. He got out. He went back to the same place and did the same thing he was arrested for the first time. Then there's Daniel in the lions den after disobeying the decree of the king. Those two by themselves are instances where men went against the "law of the land", served God, and gained favor by God for doing so.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They told the apostle to stop teaching in His name. He kept on. They threw him in jail. He got out. He went back to the same place and did the same thing he was arrested for the first time. Then there's Daniel in the lions den after disobeying the decree of the king. Those two by themselves are instances where men went against the "law of the land", served God, and gained favor by God for doing so.

Careful reading will not overturn all the passages I posted:
12 minutes ago#2

We can't forget God's response to ignoring the king:

24 At the king’s command, the men who had falsely accused Daniel were brought in and thrown into the lions’ den, along with their wives and children. And before they reached the floor of the den, the lions overpowered them and crushed all their bones.

There is a similar response for Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.

We can wonder about the fire theme in both stories.

AbandonedAnguishedCatfish-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The US Christian persecution complex, even a pandemic can't get them to give it a rest.
I agree that persecution to Americans isn't the same as other countries. But the time is coming. And this is one of the precursors to it. The devil is sneaky but we're not ignorant to his schemes.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Due to its non-existence....
oh it's real. it's just an environment and conversation that starts with lukewarmness that eventually turns to a boil. not as overt as other nations but just a deadly.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
oh it's real.

Yet the best that can be produced as proof is usual Christians not being given pride of place to the exclusion of all others.

it's just an environment and conversation that starts with lukewarmness that eventually turns to a boil. not as overt as other nations but just a deadly.

So deadly that it has no body count.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When it comes to gathering to worship God at local churches that is? I see this as a precursor to persecution coming to the people of God. I realise we need to use common sense in avoiding sickness. But the Bible says to obey government unless it directly opposes the commandments of God. And we of course know how we're told to not forsake the assembling of ourselves together etc. I'm just wondering if this continues, will people be thinking of this when they're told to keep isolating on Sundays or whenever the day comes when you and I get together. Your thoughts please.

Matthew 22:36-40
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself. 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Since spreading the virus to others can cause great suffering or death, you tell me, is doing that loving your neighbour?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We can still worship better today than ever really with livestreaming. It does not have to be live to worship together.

Upvote 0