✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Those from the mid point in the middle class downwards in terms of income have statistically no influence at all on which bills are passed and which are not.

Gilens & Page 3 graphs voters have no say in government 2.png

The data used in the study were collected from 1981 to 2002, a critical point in US history.

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Those from the mid point in the middle class downwards in terms of income have statistically no influence at all on which bills are passed and which are not.

View attachment 276773

The data used in the study were collected from 1981 to 2002, a critical point in US history.
Sadly this is a dark part of America

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sadly this is a dark part of America

Sadly this is fundamental to the whole of American Politics, the people can spend forever arguing about which Presidential candidate is worst, but it doesn't make much difference.

I've heard many times how with a blue President and both houses blue a sensible healthcare system could not be implemented, due it is claimed to opposition from the red party... not sure I get that. And with a red President and red houses it also could not be achieved due to blue opposition... allegedly.

Reality is the lobbyists and the rich run the show and the rest of us have no influence.

Upvote 0