New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anyone finding themselves ministering in an area where they interact with people's thoughts and through spiritual demonstration end up proclaiming the gospel?
Word of knowledge is the Christian term for the same thing.

The term "telepathy" ignores the spiritual element, especially the part that a Spiritual being whispering knowledge into the spiritual ear. In this manner the term "telepathy" denotes a deceptive fraud.

Jesus demonstrated this sort of knowledge becasue He was hearing the words of His Father and speaking them.

If we listen to the Spirit of Jesus within us, He will give us the knowledge to speak into peoples lives as He wills it at the time.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks for the feedback.

The title of the thread caught my eye, and before you yourself mentioned witchcraft, it had come to mind for me, since the living God is none too pleased that there would be a mingling of occult-ic practices claiming to be of God. We are admonished to be alert, because deception is rampant.

This comes to mind:

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." ~II Corinthians 11:13-14

Praying.

Let it rain.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The title of the thread caught my eye, and before you yourself mentioned witchcraft, it had come to mind for me, since the living God is none too pleased that there would be a mingling of occult-ic practices claiming to be of God. We are admonished to be alert, because deception is rampant.

This comes to mind:

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." ~II Corinthians 11:13-14

Praying.

Let it rain.
I appreciate your concern. God bless you and keep you.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Word of knowledge is the Christian term for the same thing.

The term "telepathy" ignores the spiritual element, especially the part that a Spiritual being whispering knowledge into the spiritual ear. In this manner the term "telepathy" denotes a deceptive fraud.

Jesus demonstrated this sort of knowledge becasue He was hearing the words of His Father and speaking them.

If we listen to the Spirit of Jesus within us, He will give us the knowledge to speak into peoples lives as He wills it at the time.
Appreciate what you have to say on this.

• Friendly
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I appreciate your concern. God bless you and keep you.

Speaking of deception, etc. the title of the thread also brings to mind Elijah when he stood on top of Mt. Carmel and it had not rained and there was famine, and he challenged 850 of Jezebel's pagan priests/false prophets, in the name of the living God, and they were defeated:

"And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word. Hear me, O Lord, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the Lord God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again. Then the fire of the Lord fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench. And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The Lord, he is the God; the Lord, he is the God." ~I Kings 18:36-39

Praying.

Let it rain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anyone finding themselves ministering in an area where they interact with people's thoughts and through spiritual demonstration end up proclaiming the gospel?
The best telepathy is through spoken or written communication. God can pray to people. God does not need to be told what to do. For me to try to pray to a person would be a waste of time. I could not send this message via telepathy, but was able to attempt to communicate through a keyboard and Internet connection.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Speaking of deception, etc. the title of the thread also brings to mind Elijah when he stood on top of Mt. Carmel and challenged 850 of Jezebel's pagan priests/false prophets, in the name of the living God, and they were defeated:

"And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word. Hear me, O Lord, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the Lord God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again. Then the fire of the Lord fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench. And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The Lord, he is the God; the Lord, he is the God." ~I Kings 18:36-39
I'd say let the God who is real answer with fire, but in the new testament age, it is the prophet of the beast who will call down fire in sight of men, and of whom Jesus said "you know not what spirit you are of"
The main deal with Baal and Adonai was both meant Lord, that's why it was significant for them to say who the Lord is, it was a revelation. That was a good sermon by the way, just finished listening to it.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
In the scriptures it says to test everything, and to keep what is good and to throw away what is bad, In discussions like this, I am being obedient to divine instruction.
If I don't test everything, then I am being disobedient. Understand?

• Agree
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'd say let the God who is real answer with fire, but in the new testament age, it is the prophet of the beast who will call down fire in sight of men, and of whom Jesus said "you know not what spirit you are of"
The main deal with Baal and Adonai was both meant Lord, that's why it was significant for them to say who the Lord is, it was a revelation. That was a good sermon by the way, just finished listening to it.

It was to show beyond a shadow of a doubt that Baal was a false god, and WHO the One True and Living God is.

And He did.

Do you know what happened to all 850 pagan priests?

Praying.

Let it rain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In the scriptures it says to test everything, and to keep what is good and to throw away what is bad, In discussions like this, I am being obedient to divine instruction.
If I don't test everything, then I am being disobedient. Understand?

Elaborate please. Regarding "testing everything", how are you doing this, and based on what?

Praying.

Let it rain.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It was to show beyond a shadow of a doubt that Baal was a false god, and WHO the One True and Living God is.

And He did.

Do you know what happened to all 850 pagan priests?

Praying.

Let it rain.
The prophets who preached a God other than the true God died obviously, that's what's written in the law.
Elaborate please. Regarding "testing everything", how are you doing this, and based on what?

Praying.

Let it rain.
Since I'm not accountable to you in a pastoral capacity, I don't understand why you're asking the question.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes I come to this website and see a thread title that makes me squint and shake shake my head to make sure I read it correctly. This is one of those thread titles.
Yeah, I feel that way about a number of thread titles.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The prophets who preached a God other than the true God died obviously, that's what's written in the law.

Since I'm not accountable to you in a pastoral capacity, I don't understand why you're asking the question.

You brought up and mentioned "testing everything". I asked you to elaborate.

Speaking of Jezebel (and her 850 pagan priests):

Praying.

Let it rain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
You brought up and mentioned "testing everything". I asked you to elaborate.

Speaking of Jezebel (and her 850 pagan priests):

Praying.

Let it rain.
I remember Jezebel was like this woman who even after God was proven to be God, she threatened to kill Elijah anyway. Today people who constantly accuse and insinuate bad things regardless of the fruit of the spirit, are basically the same thing.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I remember Jezebel was like this woman who even after God was proven to be God, she threatened to kill Elijah anyway. Today people who constantly accuse and insinuate bad things regardless of the fruit of the spirit, are basically the same thing.

She was wicked, killing the living God's prophets. How does the Bible describe her?

Elijah was sent by God to warn Ahab, and his wife Jezebel and to pronounce judgment on them, per God's command.

Praying.

Let it rain.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
She was wicked, killing the living God's prophets. How does the Bible describe her?

Elijah was sent by God to warn Ahab, and his wife Jezebel and to pronounce judgment on them, per God's command.

Praying.

Let it rain.
I dunno the way the sword of the spirit is being waved around, don't think that's supposed be used on brothers and sisters in christ. :sorry:

Reactions: YouAreAwesome
Upvote 0