Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We can have prophetic evangelism where the Holy Spirit gives us an insight into the issues affecting a person but it is not telepathy. 1 Corinthians 2:11 says no one knows someones thoughts (I know its a question but when read in context is clear). So I would say claiming telepathy is unbiblical and wrong. My initial inclination is that the OP could be hearing the Holy Spirit but does not recognise His voice.

Upvote 0

tulipbee

Worker of the Hive
Apr 27, 2006
✟25,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Anyone finding themselves ministering in an area where they interact with people's thoughts and through spiritual demonstration end up proclaiming the gospel?
Anyone finding themselves ministering in an area where they interact with people's thoughts and through spiritual demonstration end up proclaiming the gospel?

telepathy is the same as listening to God

• Agree
Reactions: YouAreAwesome
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Sins don't "rise up" and settle on other people.
I probably stopped being a people a while ago then . Whatever it is, it definitely behaves the way the bible describes sin.

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟55,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In I Corinthians 12, Paul talks about discernment. I'm sure all of us who are in the spirit are able to discern a person's thoughts as God gives that revelation in discernment for His purpose. We certainly can't give credit to ourselves of being able to know what somebody is thinking and perceive that somebody has some hidden view about something. God gives that revelation - again for His own purpose.

Many times supernatural revelation is so simple and so momentary, we can often miss the fact that what we may perceive within a moment is actually through supernatural discernment (God revealing an issue to us.) This is how many of us are able to just look at a politician from a screen, for example, and determine what's wrong or right about him/her.

With that said, Jesus pointed out to Peter in John 21 that (in paraphrased summary) he needed to mind his own business being concerned with what John will do. "If I have him tarry until I come, what is that to you?" is what Jesus asked Peter. That question still applies to us today. Jesus will not reveal people's thoughts or hidden issues to us if the revelation is not for a specific purpose that glorifies God alone through salvation or some other ministry. That's incredibly intrusive and our God protects us from such intrusion.

Even if something is not specified in God's Word such as "trinity" or "rapture", the wording in the passages point to the term given to it in our language. Example: 1 John 5 explains that the Father, the Word (Who is Jesus), and the Holy Ghost are One. He said "these Three are One." And in our doctrine, such descriptions have been labeled as the "Trinity". It's as if saying the trinity is short for the purpose of condensing. Instead of saying "the Father, the Word (or Son), and the Holy Spirit" in a sentence, we reference them as the Trinity. Compare it to instead of referring to a unit in a sentence like "the father, the mother, and the children", we condense by saying "the family"

The word "telepathy" is a mystical and occult reference. It has no part - absolutely no part - with the Gospel at all.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟753,613.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The word "telepathy" is a mystical and occult reference. It has no part - absolutely no part - with the Gospel at all.

Right it's important to realize that it's also been heavily promoted that all "telepathy" is evil. That which is spiritually revealed by the Spirit cannot be classified as telepathy per say, telepathy is a counterfeit of demons. Those who are led by the Spirit are the children of God and see TRUTH.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Alittlereality

Nov 2, 2017
Minnesota
✟1,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We can have prophetic evangelism where the Holy Spirit gives us an insight into the issues affecting a person but it is not telepathy. 1 Corinthians 2:11 says no one knows someones thoughts (I know its a question but when read in context is clear). So I would say claiming telepathy is unbiblical and wrong. My initial inclination is that the OP could be hearing the Holy Spirit but does not recognise His voice.
Yes modern science has fully interpreted the brain/nervous system. They started out with fMRI and computers. In fact aboriginees believe there gods put rocks in their heads to talk to them.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Alittlereality

Nov 2, 2017
Minnesota
✟1,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
search

I believe in genesis, God spoke
See how compression/rarefaction dance over a 0 line. It keeps us alive..literally.
Lookup a waveform image i guess i couldnt use my link.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God will give us words of knowledge and words of wisdom. The Spirit will also cause unsaved people to express things that facilitate a Christ centered conversation. There is nothing in the word about telepathy, however.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In I Corinthians 12, Paul talks about discernment. I'm sure all of us who are in the spirit are able to discern a person's thoughts as God gives that revelation in discernment for His purpose. We certainly can't give credit to ourselves of being able to know what somebody is thinking and perceive that somebody has some hidden view about something. God gives that revelation - again for His own purpose.

Many times supernatural revelation is so simple and so momentary, we can often miss the fact that what we may perceive within a moment is actually through supernatural discernment (God revealing an issue to us.) This is how many of us are able to just look at a politician from a screen, for example, and determine what's wrong or right about him/her.

With that said, Jesus pointed out to Peter in John 21 that (in paraphrased summary) he needed to mind his own business being concerned with what John will do. "If I have him tarry until I come, what is that to you?" is what Jesus asked Peter. That question still applies to us today. Jesus will not reveal people's thoughts or hidden issues to us if the revelation is not for a specific purpose that glorifies God alone through salvation or some other ministry. That's incredibly intrusive and our God protects us from such intrusion.

Even if something is not specified in God's Word such as "trinity" or "rapture", the wording in the passages point to the term given to it in our language. Example: 1 John 5 explains that the Father, the Word (Who is Jesus), and the Holy Ghost are One. He said "these Three are One." And in our doctrine, such descriptions have been labeled as the "Trinity". It's as if saying the trinity is short for the purpose of condensing. Instead of saying "the Father, the Word (or Son), and the Holy Spirit" in a sentence, we reference them as the Trinity. Compare it to instead of referring to a unit in a sentence like "the father, the mother, and the children", we condense by saying "the family"

Good post; I agree. Although the word Trinity is not in the Bible, the doctrine that it refers to manifestly is in the Bible; not least in John's Gospel, and John's First Epistle, Romans 8, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do we have an example of this in Scripture? Even a hint of it? I can see one being more receptive or maybe perceptive is a better way to say it.... but without ANY biblical support, from a God that does not change, then this ends up sounding more New Age than anything else. (respectfully)

• Winner
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Do we have an example of this in Scripture? Even a hint of it? I can see one being more receptive or maybe perceptive is a better way to say it.... but without ANY biblical support, from a God that does not change, then this ends up sounding more New Age than anything else. (respectfully)
I kind of had an indepth discussion earlier in the thread and have my answer, I have not requested the closing of the thread so people too afraid to ask the question will see the perspective of actual christians on the topic. Thank you for your participation.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟287,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
In the scriptures it says to test everything, and to keep what is good and to throw away what is bad

Wait... what scripture says that? There is 'test the spirits' of 1 John 4:1

"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

What scripture are you operating off of? The Holy Spirit might give you some revelation or insight into the person you are interacting with but it sounds like what you are talking about is New-Agey territory.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Wait... what scripture says that? There is 'test the spirits' of 1 John 4:1

"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

What scripture are you operating off of? The Holy Spirit might give you some revelation or insight into the person you are interacting with but it sounds like what you are talking about is New-Agey territory.
In the time of Jesus the Rabbi's wouldn't even give such queries the time of day. Thankfully, we have more grace today.
1 Thessalonians 5
20 Despise not prophesyings.
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
I agree, the term sounds very new agey, but saying I'm "trinitying" (I in thou, thou in me) in a model that is modelist in nature would have similar problems. Thank you for your participation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In the time of Jesus the Rabbi's wouldn't even give such queries the time of day. Thankfully, we have more grace today.
1 Thessalonians 5
20 Despise not prophesyings.
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
I agree, the term sounds very new agey, but saying I'm "trinitying" (I in thou, thou in me) in a model that is modelist in nature would have similar problems. Thank you for your participation.
More grace? God does not change. If He was a God of law then, He is now. And if He is a God of grace today, He was then. He doesn't change... you can't look at the story of Joseph, as one example, and not see grace in 20 different ways. :) Not trying to create a dispute or even a debate, just clarifying something that should be obvious to us.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
More grace? God does not change. If He was a God of law then, He is now. And if He is a God of grace today, He was then. He doesn't change... you can't look at the story of Joseph and not see grace and 20 different manifestations. :) Not trying to create a dispute or even a debate, just clarifying something that should be obvious to us.
I'm saying we have the Holy Spirit and they did not, it affords us the people worshiping God more grace to speak with one another.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟287,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It sounds like you might be having some kind of spiritual experience you are lacking the language to describe. Something along the lines of discernment and visions. Perhaps the motorcycle accident was an example of connectivity across the body of Christ - was the man who was actually injured when you felt the impact also a Christian?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It sounds like you might be having some kind of spiritual experience you are lacking the language to describe. Something along the lines of discernment and visions. Perhaps the motorcycle accident was an example of connectivity across the body of Christ - was the man who was actually injured when you felt the impact also a Christian?
He was a Christian. However, it wasn't long until I started noticing God reaching out to those not in the body of Christ (indiscriminately) and then even praying to translate tongues doesn't give me the language to describe it very well. I could just sum it up by saying "I am Church" and go with an Ultimate Reconciliation paradigm, but there's more to learn I'd imagine.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm saying we have the Holy Spirit and they did not, it affords us the people worshiping God more grace to speak with one another.
Well, we simply disagree. The pouring out of the Holy Spirit on Shavuot (Pentecost) nearly 2000 years ago does not mean nobody had God's Holy Spirit before then. It means that a work was about to take place and God was filling His people to prepare them for that work. But we can go back to the building of the Tabernacle to see men given the Holy Spirit to accomplish the task before them. We have a Psalm where (David apparently) cries out that God not take His Holy Spirit from him. Brother... go read 2 Cor. 1:22 and 5:5. We don't have 'all we will have' in the form of the Holy Spirit... we have a deposit or down payment toward more. That is exactly what those two verses are saying.

And none of that changes my point... we don't have "more grace" today and they had "more law" back then. God does not change, He is consistent... He has ALWAYS been a God of grace starting with even creating us for He created us knowing we would fall.

Upvote 0