Los Angeles Area
✟830,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
You are aware that Ukraine did get their stuff right?

After a delay, during which extortionate discussions such as I have indicated actually happened.

Before anything you are so concerned about actually happened.

No, that's false. The 'perfect' shakedown phone call was in July. The aid was released in September.

Are you calling the president evil and a gangster?

In a metaphorical sense, much of his White House has been run like a mob boss with his lieutenants. If we want to get more precise, he has abused the office of the presidency for personal gain rather than for the benefit of the American people.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,567.00
Faith
Pentecostal
After a delay, during which extortionate discussions such as I have indicated actually happened.

No, that's false. The 'perfect' shakedown phone call was in July. The aid was released in September.

In a metaphorical sense, much of his White House has been run like a mob boss with his lieutenants. If we want to get more precise, he has abused the office of the presidency for personal gain rather than for the benefit of the American people.

Apparently the president of Ukraine doesn't share your opinion when it comes to the Ukraine incident.

Also the rest of what you said is an opinion. You have no real evidence of such. Using the word "mob boss" even in a metaphorical sense is opinion only. And you are entitled to that I guess.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Apparently the president of Ukraine doesn't share your opinion when it comes to the Ukraine incident.

Ukraine literally relies on the US for protection. People protected by a mob-style protection racket also frequently deny the existence of the extortion in public.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,567.00
Faith
Pentecostal
This whole thing is up made premise with the aid of the mainstream press that the president did something illegal. Especially when we have the transcript that shows he didn't do anything illegal. It's all about people's opinions about what occurred and not an actual violation. Once again the left is showing their stripes that what they feel it believe is what matters and not actual facts.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Ukraine literally relies on the US for protection. People protected by a mob-style protection racket also frequently deny the existence of the extortion in public.

Exactly right. It's why the comparison of Donald to the mafia fit. Though folks have said it's an unfair insult to the mafia on account of how blatantly transparent Donald has been with the mobster tactics. He knows he doesn't have to be. He just has to get Sean to tell his base to "read the transcript" and lead them to think that 1) the actual, unedited transcript was released - lmbo and 2) it's only about that 1 call
It works. Sean's viewers just eat up the diarrhea soup of bull.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The president hasn't done one evil thing. Just cause you don't like the things he's gotten accomplished doesn't make him evil. Your post is a prime example of the vitriol of the left that I've been talking about.

From his pre-government days, he and his family members have engaged in several documented cases of fraud and theft (e.g. Trump University, Trump Foundation, lying about vacancy rates in residential buildings they were promoting, refusing to pay vendors) and a number of other cases that are less well-documented but certainly smell fishy (e.g. Trump Org's long-running tax evasion schemes). More relevant to his government work, his candidacy was founded on stoking racist fears about Obama's birth certificate and he's continued to pander to that demographic by, among other things, hiring Stephen Miller and Steve Bannon as advisers and pardoning Joe Arpaio.

I don't know where your threshold for "evil" lies, but those things are all pretty bad.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,567.00
Faith
Pentecostal
From his pre-government days, he and his family members have engaged in several documented cases of fraud and theft (e.g. Trump University, Trump Foundation, lying about vacancy rates in residential buildings they were promoting, refusing to pay vendors) and a number of other cases that are less well-documented but certainly smell fishy (e.g. Trump Org's long-running tax evasion schemes). More relevant to his government work, his candidacy was founded on stoking racist fears about Obama's birth certificate and he's continued to pander to that demographic by, among other things, hiring Stephen Miller and Steve Bannon as advisers and pardoning Joe Arpaio.

I don't know where your threshold for "evil" lies, but those things are all pretty bad.

Well those cases were all settled out of court I believe with no acceptance wrong doing. When your dealing with billionaires like Trump or other companies with money like Microsoft, apple etc they get sued all the time and settle out if court. It doesn't mean they actually did anything wrong.

Also some of the cases actually went to court and they were found not guilty as well.

So despite Trump's dumb behavior and his ridiculous statements and often erroneous claims, it doesn't make him evil. So much of the left just seethes in hatred. So much so that a person with poor character become evil. Clinton is a person of poor decisions, bad behavior and such, but neither of them are evil.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well those cases were all settled out of court I believe with no acceptance wrong doing. When your dealing with billionaires like Trump or other companies with money like Microsoft, apple etc they get sued all the time and settle out if court. It doesn't mean they actually did anything wrong.

Also some of the cases actually went to court and they were found not guilty as well.

So despite Trump's dumb behavior and his ridiculous statements and often erroneous claims, it doesn't make him evil. So much of the left just seethes in hatred. So much so that a person with poor character become evil. Clinton is a person of poor decisions, bad behavior and such, but neither of them are evil.

Not only is that a giant cop out, you’re just wrong on the facts. The Trump Foundation was ruled against, fined, dissolved, and the board members prohibited from sitting on the boards of their ther charities. Trump Doral lost a suit and had to pay penalties on top of attorney fees after they tried to cheat a paint contractor. Trump U was hit with a class action suit that was ultimately settled with no admission of wrongdoing but it was quite obvious that it was a sham. IIRC at least some of the issues regarding misstatement of occupancy rates were settled out of court, but they’ also been accused of doing it multiple times. The tax evasion schemes haven’t yet been prosecuted.

Again, I don’t know how people want to define “evil” but he’s a wealthy man apparently quite eager to steal from those who have far less than him.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The president hasn't done one evil thing. Just cause you don't like the things he's gotten accomplished doesn't make him evil. Your post is a prime example of the vitriol of the left that I've been talking about.
My bad. I thought lying, cheating, self- dealing, cheating and selling out the country were evil things. I stand corrected.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,567.00
Faith
Pentecostal
My bad. I thought lying, cheating, self- dealing, cheating and selling out the country were evil things. I stand corrected.

Here's the deal. You who judge do the same things. If you believe in scripture you know that all men are sinners. All men are condemned in the eyes of God. Trump is a sinner. But you need to be consistent. If Trump is evil in your eyes then Obama must be evil in your eyes, Clinton must be evil in your eyes. You must be evil in your own eyes. Thus you are judging yourself.

If you want to call Trump out for lying please do so. If you want to point out where you believe he cheated, please do so. If you want to point out where you believe he sold out the country please do so. But to blanketly call someone evil then you judge yourself and all men. For we all have committed sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here's the deal. You who judge do the same things. If you believe in scripture you know that all men are sinners. All men are condemned in the eyes of God. Trump is a sinner. But you need to be consistent. If Trump is evil in your eyes then Obama must be evil in your eyes, Clinton must be evil in your eyes. You must be evil in your own eyes. Thus you are judging yourself.

If you want to call Trump out for lying please do so. If you want to point out where you believe he cheated, please do so. If you want to point out where you believe he sold out the country please do so. But to blanketly call someone evil then you judge yourself and all men. For we all have committed sin.
Yep. He’s evil. Behavior clearly says so. Since he is President, his evil acts carry more weight and destruction.
Your logic would mean that criminals get a free pass because we have all sinned.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This whole thing is up made premise with the aid of the mainstream press that the president did something illegal.

What evidence do you have that the White House was lying in the call summary they released? Accusing the President of lying about an official summary of state business is a pretty big stretch, especially given the complete lack of evidence to go along with such a claim.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), one of President Trump’s closest allies and staunchest defenders in Congress, announced Thursday that he would not seek reelection next year but would instead stay “in the fight” with Trump in an unspecified role.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
If it happens, my scenario would be that the Republican Party disappears leaving the U.S. a single party system for an election or two. Then the Democratic Party splits into a liberal wing and a conservative wing.

It's not unrealistic to think the Republican Party will be finished some time in this century, particularly because their base of power in white Evangelicals is in decline. Then I could see Democrats dividing along centrist and leftist lines.

Upvote 0

Resha Caner

Expert Fool
Sep 16, 2010
✟155,600.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
It's not unrealistic to think the Republican Party will be finished some time in this century, particularly because their base of power in white Evangelicals is in decline. Then I could see Democrats dividing along centrist and leftist lines.

I said much the same thing in another thread. And, your profile change is sad.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I said much the same thing in another thread. And, your profile change is sad.

Got a link to that discussion?

I have my reasons for changing my faith identification, but thank you for your concern.

Upvote 0

Resha Caner

Expert Fool
Sep 16, 2010
✟155,600.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Got a link to that discussion?

Oh wow. Not really. I think it was in a thread started by @essentialsaltes but that was some time back.

[edit] Oh, wait. I thought this was a different thread. I need to read more carefully. You quoted the post I was thinking about. That's embarrassing.

I have my reasons for changing my faith identification, but thank you for your concern.

I'm sure you have your reasons, and it's always best to be honest. Hopefully God puts someone in your life that you'll listen to.

Upvote 0