GOP retirements in the House may indicate a "rush to the exits"

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Here an idea:

Instead of term limits, say that if someone loses an election they do not receive a pension. If they retire from office they may.

I wonder how that would effect the political landscape?

We would certainly see people spending less time in Congress. Maybe a term or two and then leave if they don't think they will win re election .

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I don't blame them for wanting to leave. Serving under such a president, and feeling compelled to support him no matter how corrupt or callous the proposed policies are, must be soul-searing.

Unfortunately, the ones most likely to leave are often those who haven't completely sold out and who would, in ideal circumstances, fight to purge their party of its evil influences.

What evil influences?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Please clarify what you mean. Who exactly would see it that way and why. Insinuations need clarification

Well, it is going to take a bit to compile and collect all the names of everyone that would be pleased with the idea of an all-white Republican Party.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Yup. Apparently 3,000 people dying to terrorism only matters on his own soil not on anyone elses.

I am pretty sure that the IRA were freedom fighters, they don’t fit the current definition of terrorist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I am pretty sure that the IRA were freedom fighters, they don’t fit the current definition of terrorist.

Tell that to the kids they blew up, the mothers they dragged away and murdered and the people who still carry the lifelong scars of intensive torture sessions with those ‘freedom fighters’.

The Unionist groups were just as much terrorists as the IRA, but let’s not pretend either side were ‘freedom fighters’ it’s insulting to the countless victims.

• Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Tell that to the kids they blew up, the mothers they dragged away and murdered and the people who still carry the lifelong scars of intensive torture sessions with those ‘freedom fighters’.

The Unionist groups were just as much terrorists as the IRA, but let’s not pretend either side were ‘freedom fighters’ it’s insulting to the countless victims.

psst.... poe

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What's the Temp Syndicate? Who are they and what makes them evil?
Check again: Trump. Not Temp.
images

• Haha
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Check again: Trump. Not Temp.
images
I am older and my eyes are definitely not as good as they used to be. But I did mean Trump syndicate. I just fat fingered the keys.

So what is the Trump syndicate exactly, who are they and how are they evil?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Everyone named Trump and Kushner along with Giuliani, Barr, Conway et al.
Is Donald Trump the First Gangster President?

You can't be serious. Are you seriously calling the president evil and a gangster!? This article is comparing a notorious murdering gangster with the president.

You never indicated how Trump and the others are evil. You just posted some opinion piece.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
You can't be serious. Are you seriously calling the president evil and a gangster!?

The role of the US in the Ukraine is to support freedom in the face of Russian aggression. Trump's way of carrying it out was: "That's a nice country you got. Be a shame if something were to happen to it. We could help, but... I'd like a favor."

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The role of the US in the Ukraine is to support freedom in the face of Russian aggression. Trump's way of carrying it out was: "That's a nice country you got. Be a shame if something were to happen to it. We could help, but... I'd like a favor."

You are aware that Ukraine did get their stuff right? Before anything you are so concerned about actually happened.

Are you calling the president evil and a gangster?

Upvote 0