Dallas, Texas
✟16,392.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Who here never thought they'd see the day when Christians seriously talking about killing innocent children in cold blood as necessary and proper?

*raises hand*

Unfortunately, I never thought that some claiming to be Christians wouldn't do that. It saddens me though.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
There is one exception. We are commanded to kill the enemies of Jesus (in Luke 19:27).

That's a pretty big exception when you get to classify everyone as an enemy of Jesus...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Unfortunately, I never thought that some claiming to be Christians wouldn't do that. It saddens me though.

Don't be saddened, be concerned.

When they can't get to their enemies, such hatred always turns its attention closer to home.

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you believe we should intentionally target the wives and children of enemy soldiers for extermination? If Trump is elected president, he will give the order to "take out their families".

Not according to the link in the OP.

Trump repeatedly dodged O'Reilly's questions pressing him specifically on whether he would order the killing of suspected terrorists' families, instead saying that "we have to be much tougher than we are."

Reading the whole link is so important.

Upvote 0

AionPhanes

Jan 1, 2015
Michigan
✟18,174.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Could be that you'd like to believe that, but when he was later asked to clarify the meaning (which it seems to me is what matters more) he said what I reported above. Again, that's from the article.

He never took that back or claimed that he mispoke. Instead of clearly coming out and saying "we actually shouldn't take out their families" he instead started talking about blowing up houses. If he merely mispoke and didn't actually beleive we should "take their families out" then he should have made that clear. A presidential candidate "accidently" calling for war crimes would still be a big enough deal to warrent retracting the blunder in clear and explicit terms. Starting out with "I don't actually want that and I apologize for accidentally expressing support for such a horrible and illegal practice as a presidential canidate" would be a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Trump repeatedly dodged O'Reilly's questions pressing him specifically on whether he would order the killing of suspected terrorists' families, instead saying that "we have to be much tougher than we are."

of course he dodged the questions... he finally realized what he said the first time around. That's what happens when your mouth runs off faster than your brain.

Perhaps Trump can start by being much tougher than he is?

Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Genocide.... mass-extinctions, NOT in the name of our Lord

:prayer:

1. Thou shalt not kill (LXX; οὐ φονεύσεις), You shall not murder (Hebrew לֹא תִּרְצָח lo tirṣaḥ) or You shall not kill (KJV), is a moral imperative included as one of the Ten Commandments in the Torah, specifically Exodus 20:13 and Deuteronomy 5:17.
    Thou shalt not kill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou_shalt_not_kill

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Inter arma enim silent leges.

If only they were just mute, Tallguy... if only they were mute...

I suspect this is more of a "caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius" situation...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If only they were just mute, Tallguy... if only they were mute...

I suspect this is more of a "caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius" situation...
Trump doesn't strike me as the religious sort.

Upvote 0

Green Sun

404: Star not found
Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

The fact that he dodged the question makes it seem to me like he's thinking of going after family.

If didn't want it to be interpreted that way, he definitely would have stated so after being pressed over and over again, Trump knew exactly what he was saying.

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The fact that he dodged the question makes it seem to me like he's thinking of going after family.

If didn't want it to be interpreted that way, he definitely would have stated so after being pressed over and over again, Trump knew exactly what he was saying.

Interesting, I can see how you would come to that conclusion.

What does Mrs. Clinton's years of dodging questions, subpoena's and inquiries tell you?

Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
LOL. Enemies of America are enemies of Jesus and we are commanded to kill them, not have pity on them. Anyone who takes up for Muslims is the one who is mentally ill.

God tells us to LOVE OUR ENEMIES
and our neighbours as-ourselves

It isn't Islam, that is the enemy.... it is only another religion
which God tells us to 'respect'

You are not commanded to kill enemies of America
you are instructed "Thou Shalt Not Kill"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AionPhanes

Jan 1, 2015
Michigan
✟18,174.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I've seen her dodge questions before. I certainly wouldn't vote for her either. Never seen her call for reprisal killings against family members unlucky enough to be related to someone we consider a terrorist though thankfully. That's so out in loony town it's scary.

Upvote 0

Green Sun

404: Star not found
Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Interesting, I can see how you would come to that conclusion.

What does Mrs. Clinton's years of dodging questions, subpoena's and inquiries tell you?

I don't really like Hillary too much, personally. I don't really like any of the candidates on either side right now.
But Trump worries me the most. I genuinely worry about what will happen if, by some extremely minute chance, he wins.

With statements like this from him, I think most people should be worried.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
davedajobauk said:
it is only another religion
which God tells us to 'respect'

Simply Put said:
Chapter and verse please

MY SEARCH: "What does the bible tell us of other religions and churches" ???

>>>
#
1 John 4:5-8 ESV
They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error. Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

#
Deuteronomy 12:29-31 ESV
“When the Lord your God cuts off before you the nations whom you go in to dispossess, and you dispossess them and dwell in their land, take care that you be not ensnared to follow them, after they have been destroyed before you, and that you do not inquire about their gods, saying, ‘How did these nations serve their gods?—that I also may do the same.’ You shall not worship the Lord your God in that way, for every abominable thing that the Lord hates they have done for their gods, for they even burn their sons and their daughters in the fire to their gods.

#
2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 ESV
The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders, and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

#
Micah 4:1-13 ESV
It shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established as the highest of the mountains, and it shall be lifted up above the hills; and peoples shall flow to it, and many nations shall come, and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob, that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths.” For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. He shall judge between many peoples, and shall decide for strong nations far away; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore; but they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree, and no one shall make them afraid, for the mouth of the Lord of hosts has spoken. For all the peoples walk each in the name of its god, but we will walk in the name of the Lord our God forever and ever. ...

#
We are commanded to become 'like Jesus'
>>
topbul1d.gif
Jesus refused to curse non-believers:
Jesus' teachings were rejected by the inhabitants of a village in Samaria. His disciples asked that he exterminate the people of the village by issuing a curse. Jesus refused to do it, and simply move on to the next village.Luke 9:52-56: "...they did not receive him...And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village."

#
topbul1d.gif
Avoid offending followers of other religions:
St. Paul commented on the dietary habits of Christians.1 Corinthians 10:31-32 "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:"

#
http://www.religioustolerance.org/rel_tol0.htm <<<READ THIS ESSAY contains quotes you requested

Religious intolerance..... is the sin that you profess to be God's will

You should not punish the innocent for the offences of the few

As I said earlier "Islam is not at war with the world .... sicko psychos are, they only claim to be Islamists"

John to the seven churches which are in Asia:
Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
-Rev 1:4

Last edited:
Upvote 0