Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
"This is 'merica we don't need no mooslims coming here. Make em build a wall with all the mexicans. Then we can do some good old fashioned reprisal killings against anyone with the misfortune of being related to a Muslim terrorist." <~~ Trumps presidential platform.

Ah, history...

12321541_10153164014916496_4477745945160795106_n.png

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,273.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
With statements like this from him, I think most people should be worried.
We have this piece of paper called the US Constitution....in it is described what all branches of the government can do. There have been some presidents that have stretched it to the breaking point (Lincoln and FDR come to mind) but nonetheless it still seems to hold us together. Even if Trump were to sit in the Oval Office, he would be bound by those rules, laws and precedents...if he tried to evade them there is always the power of impeachment.

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jesus commanded us to kill his enemies? :destroyed:

This is the man who acted to prevent his top assistant from trying to kill the man who had come to arrest Jesus on false charges.
interpreter wants Christians to be killers for Christ, but won't do the deed himself because he killed enough infidels in Vietnam.

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
According to the CNN article, he didn't say he wanted to kill relatives. He said:

"wipe out their homes" and "where they came from."
Did you watch the video I posted? His exact words were "we need to take out their families".

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I person who believes they are pleasing their god by strapping explosives to themselves and killing you is walking towards you.

You mean to tell me your reaction to the person is based on how old they are.
No. I mean to tell you my reaction is to not kill their wife and their children as well. My reaction is to not intentionally target civilians and children for extermination. My intention is to not "take out the families" of known or suspected terrorists.

What part of "Intentionally targeting civilians and children for extermination is immoral and illegal" is difficult for you to grasp?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Could be that you'd like to believe that, but when he was later asked to clarify the meaning (which it seems to me is what matters more) he said what I reported above. Again, that's from the article.
"Take out their families" seems pretty clear to me. My house isn't my family, and I don't expect the military to take someone out for dinner and a movie.

His clarification was "I mean we're going to blow up their houses with their families in them."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What a putrid statement......
Yeah...and even scarier is how few Christians on this forum have spoken out against his statements as you have. How many of your brothers and sisters in Christ have read that post and offered no criticism? Maybe they just can't see how someone could advocate for something so evil and still be a Christian, but many of those people will accuse the entire religion of Islam of being inherently evil based on analogous behavior by a Muslim.

I don't think Christianity or Islam are inherently evil or violent - I recognize that radical Christians and radical Muslims are more radical than Christian or Muslim - that they abuse and twist their religion to support their radical beliefs. I'm honestly more likely to be killed by a radical Christian that thinks I'm in league with Satan than by a radical Muslim - there are more radical Christians than radical Muslims in this country.

Your reaction to interpreter's statement pretty much mirrors my reaction to Trump's statement. Maybe some in this thread find it hard to believe that a Republican presidential candidate could advocate for something so evil and still be a Republican or a presidential candidate. How many Republicans heard his words and didn't offer any criticism? Doesn't that worry you? It certainly worries me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
What does Mrs. Clinton's years of dodging questions, subpoena's and inquiries tell you?

She's a politician. Really nice and clean ones are rare up where power is real.
And those are quite often not the most effective.

Chris

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
With statements like this from him, I think most people should be worried.

Whoops, he did it again.

Why would there be anti-American sentiment in some Muslims (apart from....) with such nice friendly Americans as Donald J Trump (in the third person) projecting their image everywhere?

Upvote 0

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Maybe some in this thread find it hard to believe that a Republican presidential candidate could advocate for something so evil and still be a Republican or a presidential candidate. How many Republicans heard his words and didn't offer any criticism? Doesn't that worry you? It certainly worries me.

On the very latest outburst, Jeb Bush said Trump was "unhinged".
Now, I don't agree with Jeb Bush on an awful lot...

But if Trump still has a following showing in the polls next week, yes that will show the mindset to be found in that proportion of Americans.
Terrified, hysterical...

Chris

Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course it does. To you, that is.

I see you as having clipped this phrase 'out of context' with the remainder of MorningStar's post
Subsequently, your response lends the false opinion of Morningstar's real opinion

:prayer:

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I see you as having clipped this phrase 'out of context'

Not at all. I'm simply agreeing with Morningstar that he was convinced to believe what he said he does when he read those words, and that he has no intention of considering any other facts which might challenge him to change his mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not at all. I'm simply agreeing with Morningstar that he was convinced to believe what he said he does when he read those words, and that he has no intention of considering any other facts which might challenge him to change his mind.
What do you believe Donald Trump means when he says he would order the military to take out the families of terrorists? Does the Donald want to take their families out for dinner and a movie?

Donald Trump was given every opportunity to retract his statement, say he misspoke, and apologize for suggesting we intentionally target civilians. He didn't do any of these.

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Interesting, I can see how you would come to that conclusion.

What does Mrs. Clinton's years of dodging questions, subpoena's and inquiries tell you?
Hillary's evasiveness is motivated by a desire to please everyone. She adjusts her positions according to her audience.

I might not trust Hillary, but I'm downright terrified of what Trump would be capable of as president. I don't know if you've been paying attention to Trump's rhetoric, but it's been getting scarier every day and the Republican Party is eerily silent. They still back him as a candidate.

Intentionally targeting the families of our enemies. Setting up a religious test to enter the country. The things Trump is proposing are evil and illegal. People are seriously beginning to question if Trump is a fascist.

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've already addressed that and you refused to consider it.
I considered it. It was ridiculous.

"I meant I'm going to blow up their house with their family in it" isn't somehow better than "I'm going to take out their family"

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I considered it. It was ridiculous.
Then there is no problem. You believe what you want to believe and what you no doubt believed even before you had this bone to chew on.

That's fine. It's just the misunderstanding that davedajobauk referred to which somewhat bothers me.

Upvote 0