Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Armenian Christmas is Jan. 6th. Armenia was the first Christian nation so obviously this is the only Christmas that matters. I'll be watching, Google!!!!!

If they ignore this , they are not only secular leftists , but possible muslim Turks who hate Armenia.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Armenian Christmas is Jan. 6th. Armenia was the first Christian nation so obviously this is the only Christmas that matters. I'll be watching, Google!!!!!

If they ignore this , they are not only secular leftists , but possible muslim Turks who hate Armenia.

Dude. You misspelled America.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And as we've learned, Google likely wouldn't 'do it right', and they'd be not-outraged over that.

Are we still being not-outraged about that Google Doodle? We must be really not mad to keep going on and on and on like this. I wonder how long this thread would be if we really were outraged.

• Winner
Reactions: Gadarene
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Mudik, for the end of Ramadan.

Mudik 2016

Mudik isn't necessarily specific to Ramadan.

No, so all the posts about the car dealerships were silly. I'm simply pointing out they do doodles about Diwali and Holi and all the other religious holidays but avoid Christmas like the plague, even in nations that celebrate Christmas.

You're wrong.

Here's a link to this year's doodle on Dec 25, and a little farther down the page is a section titled "this day in history", which shows doodles from Dec 25 in years past. I see wreaths, candy canes, and loads of presents - all symbols associated with Christmas.
Holidays 2017 (Day 2)

I'm not outraged by the Google doodle, nope. But Leftism itself is definitely outrageous.

What I fight outrageous are right-ists who complain about "leftists" but who themselves get butthurt about things they don't understand and fail to investigate, and who then propagate their own ignorant falsehoods.

Does Google make a big push for Christian Christmas? No. But they don't ignore it, either, and they tend to shy away from religiosity altogether and, instead, favor events or celebrations that are obscure.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Mudik isn't necessarily specific to Ramadan.

You're wrong.

Here's a link to this year's doodle on Dec 25, and a little farther down the page is a section titled "this day in history", which shows doodles from Dec 25 in years past. I see wreaths, candy canes, and lads of presents - all symbols associated with Christmas.
Holidays 2017 (Day 2)

What I fight outrageous are right-ists who complain about "leftists" but who themselves get butthurt about things they don't understand and fail to investigate, and who then propagate their own ignorant falsehoods.

Does Google make a big push for Christian Christmas? No. But they don't ignore it, either, and they tend to shy away from religiosity altogether and, instead, favor events or celebrations that are obscure.
Oh look, another secularist "devolving" in this thread.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,708.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Oh look, another secularist "devolving" in this thread.
We are Devo
Monkey men all
In business suits
Teachers and critics
All dance the poot

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Are you men or mice?!

latest

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You're kidding, right? What other meanings could a Mudik doodle posted just before Eid al-Fitr have?

Mudik is a homecoming. In Muslim countries, it's usually done at the end of Ramadan, but it's not synonymous with Ramadan.

Mudik - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mudik is a homecoming. In Muslim countries, it's usually done at the end of Ramadan, but it's not synonymous with Ramadan.

Really. :doh:

When Google posts the doodle at the end of Ramadan, it means Mudik-at-the-end-of-Ramadan. It cannot possibly mean anything else.

Also, the word "Mudik" is only used in Muslim-majority countries.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Really. :doh:

When Google posts the doodle at the end of Ramadan, it means Mudik-at-the-end-of-Ramadan. It cannot possibly mean anything else.

Also, the word "Mudik" is only used in Muslim-majority countries.

The Mudik doodle is about as overtly pro-Ramadan as the animals-giving-gifts doodle is overtly pro-Christmas. Both use imagery/symbolism that is often associated with those holidays, but that is not exclusive to those holidays. (e.g. we give gifts on occasions other than Christmas)

If the Mudik doodle is pro-Ramadan, then the animals-giving-gifts doodle is pro-Christmas.

• Winner
Reactions: GeorgeJ
Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
To be clear from the top: this is not a post about outrage (I'm not outraged) or persecution (this is not persecution). But fundamentalist secular Leftists will always, always teach you who they loathe and fear.

This one is not difficult, is it?

Google did not shy away from Doodling about Winter Solstice, which was just a few days ago. But for Christmas, arguably one of the most--if not THE most--celebrated holiday around the world--we get "December Global Festivities". Not a single mention of Christmas, not even on Christmas Day, for pity's sake.

Here is a link to their Google Story:

December global festivities - Google Search

And here is their doodle:

Google
Yeah. I noticed the non-Christmas doodle, too. There's a first time for everything. Would love to have been a fly on the wall when that decision was made, and what led up to it. ^_^

Upvote 0

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm not into calling people -ists and -phobics if they don't subscribe to my religious beliefs, and then attempt to ruin their lives via social media as we see so often from the Left, no.

It was quite careful of you to say "the Left" rather than "Leftists."

Upvote 0