Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
To be clear from the top: this is not a post about outrage (I'm not outraged) or persecution (this is not persecution). But fundamentalist secular Leftists will always, always teach you who they loathe and fear.

This one is not difficult, is it?

Google did not shy away from Doodling about Winter Solstice, which was just a few days ago. But for Christmas, arguably one of the most--if not THE most--celebrated holiday around the world--we get "December Global Festivities". Not a single mention of Christmas, not even on Christmas Day, for pity's sake.

Here is a link to their Google Story:

December global festivities - Google Search

And here is their doodle:

Google

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
So what? " You will know a tree by its fruit" Don't use their products...

Again, I think it's important to call them out on their double standards and their intolerance. Not because we're outraged, just to let them know--not from a place of anger but from a place of Truth-- that we see what they're doing.

The "so what" is they paint themselves as entirely virtuous while we are painted as the most cretinous people who ever lived. That's a lie, actually. What they say and what they do are two different things, and they show us this daily. Evidence as you see.

Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I understand, and I do get where you are coming from but at the end of the day how can we expect a hypocrite like Google to change their ways. Remember "Our battle is not against flesh and blood". Google is not a Christian organization and they do have the right to post up what they believe.
Again, I think it's important to call them out on their double standards and their intolerance. Not because we're outraged, just to let them know--not from a place of anger but from a place of Truth-- that we see what they're doing.

The "so what" is they paint themselves as entirely virtuous while we are painted as the most cretinous people who ever lived. That's a lie, actually. What they say and what they do are two different things, and they show us this daily. Evidence as you see.

I understand, and I do get where you are coming from but at the end of the day how can we expect a hypocrite like Google to change their ways. Remember "Our battle is not against flesh and blood". Google is not a Christian organization and they do have the right to post up what they believe. Hypocrisy and double standards are "normal" for them. Again, they ultimately have a right to free speech and expecting them to adhere to Christian/biblical standards ends up leading to fighting the wrong battle.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Panel 4 shows a gift box marked with 25 on it.

This is Christmas Day. On Winter Solstice, there was a Doodle for Winter Solstice. On Christmas Day, Christians have a Doodle called "December Global Festivities".

Again, I'm not outraged. But this is pretty clear.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,203,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

This is Christmas Day. On Winter Solstice, there was a Doodle for Winter Solstice. On Christmas Day, Christians have a Doodle called "December Global Festivities".

You do realize that Christmas, and many of the traditions that we tend to engage in for Christmas, is actually more closely related to the pagan celebrations of the winter solstice than to anything out of mainstream Christianity, right?

Not to mention, I fail to see how this is a double-standard.

If memory serves correct (and it does, because I just went back and did a search for your username and the word "Cake"), in other threads last week, you seemed to have a very specific stance on a private company being able to express whatever views it wants to, and you were definitely of the opinion that a private company was in no way obligated to show even-handedness toward all groups with respect to what they will or won't acknowledge or endorse. ...and you said that such choices weren't bias, double-standards, or intolerance because those stances pertained to the event, and not the people in particular who are involved in the event.

So, unless you've changed your position between Wednesday and today, it would appear you're the one with double-standard, not Google...

So if Google were a baker, and a Christmas .gif on their homepage were a cake for an event you didn't care for, what would your stance be?

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I believe Google's portrayal of the season stems from the idea "diversity is our strength". They just can't have one belief system that makes claims against all other ways of thinking about this world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You do realize that Christmas, and many of the traditions that we tend to engage in for Christmas, is actually more closely related to the pagan celebrations of the winter solstice than to anything out of mainstream Christianity, right?

Gosh no atheist has ever said that to me before. Oh wait.....heh

If memory serves correct (and it does, because I just went back and did a search for your username and the word "Cake"), in other threads last week, you seemed to have a very specific stance on a private company being able to express whatever views it wants to, and you were definitely of the opinion that a private company was in no way obligated to show even-handedness toward all groups with respect to what they will or won't acknowledge or endorse. ...and you said that such choices weren't bias, double-standards, or intolerance because those stances pertained to the event, and not the people in particular who are involved in the event.

So, unless you've changed your position between Wednesday and today, it would appear you're the one with double-standard, not Google...

So if Google were a baker, and a Christmas .gif on their homepage were a cake for an event you didn't care for, what would your stance be?

This point would only be remotely valid if I were suggesting a remedy via Big Daddy Government or via lawsuits, which I am not. So there is no point.

• Haha
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I just looked through all the Google doodles I could find with the "christmas" search term, and found nothing in any year that was specifically Christmas.

This year's is much like previous years, in that from the solstice through the 25th, they have a series of related images.

Yet that have done one for Ramadan and Hindu holidays. Shocker, that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟569,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,549.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
To be clear from the top: this is not a post about outrage (I'm not outraged) or persecution (this is not persecution). But fundamentalist secular Leftists will always, always teach you who they loathe and fear.

This one is not difficult, is it?

Google did not shy away from Doodling about Winter Solstice, which was just a few days ago. But for Christmas, arguably one of the most--if not THE most--celebrated holiday around the world--we get "December Global Festivities". Not a single mention of Christmas, not even on Christmas Day, for pity's sake.

Here is a link to their Google Story:

December global festivities - Google Search

And here is their doodle:

Google
My honest guess is that they want to appeal to a global market.

Chances are their analytics say it might reduce a revenue stream somewhere if they did it differently.

Business is business.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I believe Google's portrayal of the season stems from the idea "diversity is our strength". They just can't have one belief system that makes claims against all other ways of thinking about this world.

Islam does that and to a much greater extent than Christianity in the modern world, and secularist liberals not only tolerate Islam, but are protective of it.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
My honest guess is that they want to appeal to a global market.

Chances are their analytics say it might reduce a revenue stream somewhere if they did it differently.

Business is business.

That doesn't explain their Hindu and Ramadan doodles.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,188.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I think they should have a christmas banner. Or perhaps allow people to have some settings where they can opt either for a religious or secular banner for every holiday.

Upvote 0