Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,976.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
....I'm still trying to figure out what the "fundamentalist secular Left" is. I can't seem to find the tenets of that particular philosphy.

Well obviously it is centered around causing strife by their nefarious lack of doodles.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,587.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I find it fascinating when a woman with a clearly female username and avatar says she's a woman and, probably just to pick, is called a he. Then when I say, "I'm a woman", the person says in response, not, "I beg your pardon," but "Hey, I don't judge."

Funny, isn't it, how quick these unbelievers are to accept any and all "gender assertions" when they are of the right religious/political assertions, am I right? But that you disagree with me now, it's okay for you to NOT accept mine. Rudely, I might add.
Yeah, you might add that.

Reactions: GeorgeJ
Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Sure, if they are making issues or causing strife over non issues and attributing it to defending Jesus or Christianity .

Just because you find the scrubbing of Christianity in our culture a non-issue doesn't mean everyone does. And to be honest, I find your assertion that because a Christian does means that that Christian, whom you do not know, should instead do this, that or the other instead inappropriate.

The Body of Christ has many parts.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Google is a secular company. They have no obligation to create a specific Christmas doodle or not. It's a free country; they can do whatever they wish. They are not a church; nor are they claiming to be a Christian only company. A secular company doesn't specifically create a Christmas doodle? It's a non issue.

What specific gift do you think you are utilizing in the body of Christ? I'm not asking to be snarky. I'm am confused about what gift you mean and how you are meaning to apply that to yourself in this situation. I personally think Jesus was pretty clear about doing things in His name to further the kingdom mattering over worrying about what secular culture is doing and what is more important. I honestly don't see why it matters if Google or any other secular company or person isn't involved in mentioning Christmas. Puritians and other religious groups actually used to forbid by law celebrations involving Christmas because they did think it was dishonoring to their faith so the scrubbing of Christmas started much earlier if we really want to get down to it. There was lots of disdain for the celebration of christmas in early America. And yet, Christians and Christianity and Christmas has endured.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Just because you find the scrubbing of Christianity in our culture a non-issue doesn't mean everyone does. And to be honest, I find your assertion that because a Christian does means that that Christian, whom you do not know, should instead do this, that or the other instead inappropriate.

The Body of Christ has many parts.

Including a part for outrage over a lack of doodles.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Google is a secular company. They have no obligation to create a specific Christmas doodle or not. It's a free country; they can do whatever they wish. They are not a church; nor are they claiming to be a Christian only company. A secular company doesn't specifically create a Christmas doodle? It's a non issue.

All true. I never said differently.

What specific gift do you think you are utilizing in the body of Christ? I'm not asking to be snarky. I'm am confused about what gift you mean and how you are meaning to apply that to yourself in this situation. I personally think Jesus was pretty clear about doing things in His name to further the kingdom mattering over worrying about what secular culture is doing and what is more important. I honestly don't see why it matters if Google or any other secular company or person isn't involved in mentioning Christmas. Puritians and other religious groups actually used to forbid by law celebrations involving Christmas because they did think it was dishonoring to their faith so the scrubbing of Christmas started much earlier if we really want to get down to it. There was lots of disdain for the celebration of christmas in early America. And yet, Christians and Christianity and Christmas has endured.

Please read about Jesus, the Samaritan woman by the well, and what He said to her. That was definitely "secular culture", and yet He very much worried about her and the culture from which she came.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I think the real question is: how do we force Google to make a (admittedly late) Christmas doodle to help Christians feel like they are included in our society?

Maybe make Christmas a federal holiday for everyone? Or we could write a song about Christmas or something? Maybe people could put elaborate displays of lights on tgeir houses?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you are going to tell other people about what Jesus did for you so they can become believers too? Jesus WAS concerned about her culture and that's why he gave her living water and she went and SHARED that with others so they could also believe and have eternal life. That has nothing to do with a secular google doodle. In fact you ( and me and all Christians) should be doing that no matter what Google does or doesn't do. That is the heart of Christmas and it has nothing to do with what secular society is doing. Okay, you are aware of secular culture......are you spreading the good news? (you is general sense here, I'm not picking on you specifically).

What is the spiritual gift you have that is building up the body of Christ for this situation? I am just asking out of curiosity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I think the real question is: how do we force Google to make a (admittedly late) Christmas doodle to help Christians feel like they are included in our society?

Maybe make Christmas a federal holiday for everyone? Or we could write a song about Christmas or something? Maybe people could put elaborate displays of lights on tgeir houses?

January 7th is the day some Orthodox Christians celebrate Christmas, Google could do something then.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
January 7th is the day some Orthodox Christians celebrate Christmas, Google could do something then.

Nah. People might think Jesus was born on January 7th, when he was really born December 25th. We wouldn't want to suppirt such a lie.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Nah. People might think Jesus was born on January 7th, when he was really born December 25th. We wouldn't want to suppirt such a lie.

“We”??!! Are YOU the true face of Google??!! Robot Chicken Palpatine??!!

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
“We”??!! Are YOU the true face of Google??!! Robot Chicken Palpatine??!!

Does it come as a surprise that the head of a multi-national, software, technology a innovation conglomerate with no soul, and a distaste for only Christianity would be anybody but the figurehead of the Galactic Empire, Robot Chicken Emperor Palpatine? Hahahaha! It was right in front of you fools the whole time! Who else, but soulless, evil, secular, Google would build my next Death Star for me?

Besides Elon Musk turned me down.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
If they did do that, the "others" would feel slighted that their version wasn't doodled on the 25th and we'd be hearing more outrage!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
If they did do that, the "others" would feel slighted that their version wasn't doodled on the 25th and we'd be hearing more outrage!

And as we've learned, Google likely wouldn't 'do it right', and they'd be not-outraged over that.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: GeorgeJ
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,587.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
You mean not-outrage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

The funny thing is it would be December 25th, on the Julian calendar.

Upvote 0