Good reason to be an atheist?(moved from Christian Appologetics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsOfEagles07

Jesus loves you friend
Mar 9, 2009
Dunbar, West Virginia
✟9,383.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The link is the answer.

eudaimonia,

Mark

haha you know what is funny about these "supposed" transitional fossils? Is that they are not actual pictures of the evidence but they are whether made up pictures made by man to show what the "supposed" evidence is to look like. Well, if they had actual evidence of these claims why would they post cartoon made pictures for evidence? Not to say that these pictures were made exactly to look like they evolved purposely for the sake of evolution. Evolutionists have no evidence of the process of evolution from the previous organism to a human. You all can not even address the last question I have used about morality. These such absurd claims only shows the pernicious ways of evolutionists which are inconsistent within their own worldview because they cannot even account for the way they use such logic to reason with creationists because this is a biblical creation principle.

Also, since life started in water and we were made of fish or whatever. When the organism came out of the water was it Male of Female? Lungs or gills? Did air exist or did it happen by random chance processes the air just happened by the miracle of chance come about at the right amount of time made of 79.09 nitrogen and 10.98 oxygen or whatever., it just happened to be enough at the right time by chance. Seems very illogical and unreasonable for such a thing to happen in a realm of a universe that has a purpose for everything occurring by chance. Evolution is a hoax. You cannot prove the Bible is wrong. Because the Prophecies are right.

Upvote 0

Captain_Obvious

Legitimately Interested
Aug 1, 2009
Ohio
✟15,137.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I became an agnostic at a young age after exposure to several religions. I decided that there were too many opinions on the nature of God, or gods, for anyone to actually know anything.

It was not my experience, as a child, that there were many opinions on the nature of what makes a tree a tree or a stone a stone. It dawned on me that there was a simple reason for this -- you can observe a stone. It occured to me that no one, at least in our life time, had ever physically observed a god in the way that one could observe a stone. I didn't think much of intangible observations, as many of my friends at the time believed in Santa Claus and said they could "feel" that he had been in their house. I was not taught to believe in Santa Clause (my mother thinks it's cruel), so the idea of "feeling" Santa Clause seemed like it must be self induced.

Around the age of 12, I was exposed, through English class, to ancient Mythology. I was instantly hooked on it. I got into those worlds and characters like other kids might get into Superman. While attending an Easter service at my grandmother's Pentecostal church, it hit me that the people of the ancient world felt about their "myths" the way the people in the church felt about the stories in the Bible. The ancient people had much FAITH in Zues, Poseidon and Herculese. They prayed to and venerated these figures in honesty and sincerity. In a flash, my agnosticism took the plunge into atheism.

After years of debating with theists and other atheists, something old came back to me -- nobody knew anything about the nature of the things they were discussing in regards to gods. How the universe came into creation is neither here nor there in the discussion about the nature of a god figure. A god figure has never been empirically observed; so, any discussion pertaining to such a figure is made entirely of speculation and anecdote. In so being, any discussion of the phenomenon, or lack there of, was pointless until a definition of the phenomenon could be offered that satisfied empirical requirements of absolute knowledge. After several years as an atheist, debate had turned me into an ignostic.

While I wouldn't say people "should" have a religious belief, I think all people should have outlets of "suspended disbelief." This very idea is one of the foundations of "Satanism." While I am not a Satanist, the need for this outlet is something with which I agree.

I am a writer by hobby. I feel very good when I am deep in the crafting of a story. I enjoy allowing myself to suspend my disbelief for a time and feel as though the things about which i am writing might actually be occuring in some weird dimension. Suspension of disbelief is fun and healthy.

I would classify faith as a very strong suspension of disbelief. In this way, faith is probably healthy. However, I believe faith (religious belief) is only one possible plank in the greater platform of the suspension of disbelief.

Upvote 0

Isambard

Nihilist Extrodinaire
Jul 11, 2007
✟12,789.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
He might be an inexperienced debater, although not anymore than Kelly "Titz" O'Connor, calling him names doesn't help...
Kelly "Titz" O'Conner is the only reason I watched those vides after Comfort and Cameron's awful butchering of the intellect. Its one of the reasons I couldn't watch Thunderf00t's discussion with Comfort as he lacked the chest to off put Comfort's gross ignorance.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Has the original poster stopped caring about his original thought? Was I too late to answer when it mattered?
I read your post. Very interesting.
But the original inquiry was long ago buried under an absurd creation-evolution rehash. I cannot imagine the patience required to argue with people who choose to be ignorant.

Upvote 0

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But insulting her is productive?

Her actual nickname is insulting? Let her know that when you get a chance.

She likes looking glamorous, and she has an elegant short hairstyle. She also has breast implants, which have inspired some RnR http://rantsnraves.org/wiki/index.php/RnRmembers to call her "[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]" or "Titz".

Upvote 0

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kelly "Titz" O'Conner is the only reason I watched those vides after Comfort and Cameron's awful butchering of the intellect. Its one of the reasons I couldn't watch Thunderf00t's discussion with Comfort as he lacked the chest to off put Comfort's gross ignorance.

There is no reason to watch a debate between an actor and a stripper. I don't even know who Comfort is, though I preferred Matt Slick's debate with this girl. Slick brought up points she ignored, but that is only in the perspective, atheist would say the opposite.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Neither Cameron nor Comfort are divine-assigned debaters on behalf of God in this matter, they didn't touch any philosophical stuff because they DO NOT know. O'Connor and her group are notorious for picking their opponents. Also if Cameron's (or Comfort's) intellect only reach so far, this is not Christianity's fault. I still need to know why Cameron is a "moron"? Either group's "ignorance" is a subjective matter on the other hand, O'Connor can not be considered as a serious historian on the matter of Gospels when she bases her judgment on bias and contemporary records and she rejects the rest. Listen to her with Matt Slick.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Actually, the "failure" of atheism to account for existence is a major point in its favor.
Uncertaintly about existence is a major cause of mythmaking. Everybody of all faiths agrees on this point...(except for their own particular myth of course).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.