Not open for further replies.

Nick_Loves_Abba

Bulls On Parade
Mar 16, 2002
Michigan
✟9,662.00
Faith
Christian
From a Biblical perspective? I recommend two.

1) Revelations Unveiled by Tim LaHaye

2) Are We Living In The End Times by Jenkins/LaHaye

The #2 one I'm reading right now at a pase of 50 pages a night. Very good. I used to have all these views on the pre-trib, rapture, and all this stuff, but never had anyreason why I had these views. Then reading this book, it gives tons of scriputre to back up why pre-trib, and all this stuff.

I really don't want to turn this into a pre-trib/post-trib debate.

I have skimmed through Revelations Unveiled, and it seems like a great book to read side by side with the Book Of Revelations.

GW

Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
USA
✟17,838.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0

GW

Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
USA
✟17,838.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Nick_Loves_Abba
I don't know where some people get that the Rapture is a New Theory.

The Rapture is a new theory that was birthed by the ecstatic visions of a young girl named Margaret MacDonald in the 1830s. She was a part of the Irivingites where they interpreted her vision of a pre-trib rapture as a new revelation of God that was being taught by the Irvingites.

The pre-trib rapture was never believed prior to the 1800s. To read up on the details, click here:

http://notdeceived.net/deceiving_and_being_deceived.htm

Upvote 0

Nick_Loves_Abba

Bulls On Parade
Mar 16, 2002
Michigan
✟9,662.00
Faith
Christian
Thats just simply false. John Darby began to popularize the idea in 1840. It was discovered that Rev Morgan Edwards saw it back in 1742. Pastor Edwards wrote a book in 1788 called Millenium, Last Days, Novelties More than likely Edwards was inspired by people such as John Gill, or other pastors/writers before him.

Whats more interesting is that Aphraim of Nisibis had a sermon in AD 306 (Discovered by Grant Jeffery a current prophecy scholar and speaker) preached a sermon on the end of the world which included the "rapture". This is of course 1100 years before John Darby Or Margaret.

I restate, it isn't a new Theory. :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wildfire

Feb 13, 2002
Visit site
✟954.00
Hi Nick; be careful not to believe in everything you read. I question anyone who is profiting from the bible. If it has been given to them by the spirit of God, then it should be given to others freely.

Remember how Jesus overthrew the merchants tables who sold doves in the temple.

Read the final verses in the book of Revelation that warn us regarding this vision.

The bible is the only book we should seek for spiritual understanding. It was written by the prophets, who were given the word of God (Jesus).
Hope this helps. Wildfire

Upvote 0

Nick_Loves_Abba

Bulls On Parade
Mar 16, 2002
Michigan
✟9,662.00
Faith
Christian
I know I am. Thanks for your concern :wave: . But this book is ALL based on biblical scripture.

You say youi question anyone who is profiting from the Bible. Well, I know for a fact, my KJV bible cost me $40. Life Application Study Bible. I baught it from the same publication which I baught that Tim Lahaye book from. I agree it should be given freely. I do believe however Tyndale (the publisher) commits much of its money to good causes.

The people who were selling things at the Temple, weren't they selling thigns which had nothing at all to do with God. I may be wrong, but thats what I always thought.

I should do some research on it your right.

I think I should re-read the book, and post a book review.

My grandpa got me that book for my birthday last summer. He probably got it from SAMS club. (That place is cheap! Books normally $20 only cost $8 there!)

Upvote 0

Wildfire

Feb 13, 2002
Visit site
✟954.00
Hi Nick; you are right, my own bible cost twenty dollars. I consider this to be an investment, since it is my favorite book to read. :)
But there are (some) who would want to lead others away from the true meaning of the scripture, and that is why I asked you to be careful. Always return to the truth. Jesus tells us; I am the way the truth and the light. No man goes to the father but through me.
You asked about the merchants who sold doves in the temple; Jesus angrily opposed this and stated that his fathers house had been made a den of theives.
How great do you believe his anger would be towards those (present) who have profited by his name?
I canot imagine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GW

Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
USA
✟17,838.00
Faith
Christian
Thats just simply false. John Darby began to popularize the idea in 1840. It was discovered that Rev Morgan Edwards saw it back in 1742. Pastor Edwards wrote a book in 1788 called Millenium, Last Days, Novelties More than likely Edwards was inspired by people such as John Gill, or other pastors/writers before him.
Morgan Edwards called his view a novelty because he did not know anyone who believed such a thing. In fact, no one did. These links fully refute Grant Jeffrey who is desperate to try and dig up any support for the rapture theory before 1830. Click links!

"Deceiving and Being Deceived"

"Pseudo Pseudo-Ephraem"

"Wily Jeffrey"

Upvote 0

Phoenix

Feb 14, 2002
Visit site
✟1,460.00
Faith
Christian
Actually, i would like to find a good Christian history book. I was looking at a few at Barnes and Nobles, any authors or reference that you could recommend would be great.

Yes, Nick, bumping is fun. :) .. i just didn't want to let this get to far down the page before i had a good chance to read it.

Regards

Upvote 0

Nick_Loves_Abba

Bulls On Parade
Mar 16, 2002
Michigan
✟9,662.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by GW

Morgan Edwards called his view a novelty because he did not know anyone who believed such a thing. In fact, no one did. These links fully refute Grant Jeffrey who is desperate to try and dig up any support for the rapture theory before 1830. Click links!

"Deceiving and Being Deceived"

"Pseudo Pseudo-Ephraem"

"Wily Jeffrey"
I'd rather read a biased book than a biased website.

Only about one of those sites seems remotely reliable. The other two are geocites. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I liked "Jesus is Coming" by William E. Blackstone, written in the 1800's.
Also, "The Apocalypse" by Joseph Seiss, published in 1900.

I find it interesting that their apologetics seem to be focused on premil as opposed to postmil. No arguements against premil posttrib - as if it was not a vew of the time.

Both of these authors felt Isreal would be a nation again, even though it was part of the Ottoman Empire.
Interesting...

Upvote 0

GW

Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
USA
✟17,838.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Nick.

Those Web sites are merely reposting articles by well-known post-trib author Dave MacPherson. LaHaye writes all about Dave MacPherson in his books.

Read the articles for they are highly accurate and disturbing to Grant Jeffrey's attempts to pull the wool over the eyes of unsuspecting sheep.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.