Rapture timing is not a salvation issue, no matter the threat Pre tribbers try to threaten you

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟75,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus said After the tribulation Matthew 24:29 I am Post trib pre wrath believer in Jesus. If someone disagrees and is Pre trib that's fine, you can be saved and be pre trib. and Post tribbers dont make it a salvation issue. you are still. brother in Christ. It is the pre trib people who teach with this cult like false gospel that you must be pre trib or you're not saved, or they will break fellowship with you, and they mock. and that's wrong. Because the truth is not on their side they have to threaten you. when the Bible clearly says after the tribulation scores of verses but Matthew 24 is the most damning because it's coming from Lord Jesus Christ directly.

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Mark 13:24-25 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,

25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Last edited:

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is the pre trib people who teach with this cult like false gospel that you must be pre trib or you're not saved, or they will break fellowship with you, and they mock. and that's wrong.
Ever since 1979, I have believed in the pre-tribulation Rapture of the Church, the Bride of Christ. However, none of the teachers, pastors, preachers, or fellow Christians whom I know of that also believe in the pre-tribulation Rapture also do teach that other Christians, whom believe otherwise, are NOT saved or that fellowship should be broken with them.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It is the pre trib people who teach with this cult like false gospel that you must be pre trib or you're not saved, or they will break fellowship with you, and they mock. and that's wrong.
Ah sorry I think you're being somewhat extreme. There might be a pocket of some which are very rigid about this but I haven't found their numbers are great. I think once the internet came a great many were exposed to variety of ways of thinking about the rapture. I think pastors know a lot of people in the congregations don't necessarily see eye to eye with the Pre Trib position. I think they show a lot more flexibility about PreTrib, Post Trib differences then years ago. Maybe not all places but most.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jesus said After the tribulation Matthew 24:29 I am Post trib pre wrath believer in Jesus. If someone disagrees and is Pre trib that's fine, you can be saved and be pre trib. and Post tribbers dont make it a salvation issue. you are still. brother in Christ. It is the pre trib people who teach with this cult like false gospel that you must be pre trib or you're not saved, or they will break fellowship with you, and they mock. and that's wrong. Because the truth is not on their side they have to threaten you. when the Bible clearly says after the tribulation scores of verses but Matthew 24 is the most damning because it's coming from Lord Jesus Christ directly.

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Mark 3:24-25 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,

25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
All will go through the great tribulation (the time just prior to the Lords return). Since we do not know when that is ... we are to always be prepared .... God let's us know what is going to happen not exactly when.

Upvote 0

Jeffrey Bowden

Dec 25, 2023
RICHMOND
✟19,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Mark 13:24-25 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,

Cockrow, what you're saying about the 2A {2nd Advent) is absolutely correct. However, what you're missing is why the 2A cannot be the next coming of Jesus Christ.

In the 2A, Jesus clearly fulfills a descension from Heaven to Earth. Part and parcel to that descension is it will be in full view of all on Earth (Matt 24:30 and Rev 1:7). There will be billions of unbelievers on Earth who will see Jesus and they will mourn (Matt 24:30). Fair enough?

Acts 1:11 has a very important guideline for the NEXT coming of Jesus Christ. Here is the complete verse 11 (ESV): and said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.”

Acts 1:11 is about how ("the way") the NEXT return of Jesus will occur. That return must follow the reverse-sequence of His ascension. Let's first recognize that the ascension started when Jesus was in the view of believers, only (His disciples). He ascended to behind clouds, then into Heaven. The reverse-sequence will dictate His NEXT return. Jesus must descend from Heaven behind clouds, then only into the view of believers. That is the reverse-sequence that aligns with Acts 1:11. Again, Acts 1:11 is about "the way" Jesus ascended, not wherefrom or whereto. Acts 1:11 has nothing to do with location.

My friend, it is impossible for that reverse-sequence to apply to the 2A. The 2A starts with Jesus ON CLOUDS, and in full view of the whole world (Matt 24:30 and Rev 1:7). However, right at the start of the 2A, Jesus would not be in alignment with Acts 1:11. Jesus will be ON CLOUDS (not behind clouds); He's not by Himself (Matt 24:31); and He will be in full view of billions of unbelievers. That's all perfect for the 2A, but that doesn't align with Acts 1:11. Therefore, it is Scripturally impossible for the 2A to be the NEXT return of Jesus Christ.

My friend, only the pre-Trib rapture fits the reverse-sequence of Acts 1:11. In 1 Th 4:16, Jesus descends by Himself. In contrast, in the ascension, Jesus ascended by Himself. Therefore, 1 Th 4:16 very importantly makes crystal clear that Jesus will descend by Himself. In 1 Th 4:17, we won't see Jesus until we pass through clouds and meet Him in the air. We have to pass through clouds to see Jesus. That further proves Jesus is BEHIND CLOUDS in His descension, exactly as dictated by the reverse-sequence of Acts 1:11. In the pre-Trib rapture, Jesus will descend by Himself, behind clouds and into the view of believers, only.

My friend, those are the Scriptural facts of the NEXT coming of Jesus Christ.

God bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeffrey Bowden

Dec 25, 2023
RICHMOND
✟19,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ah sorry I think you're being somewhat extreme. There might be a pocket of some which are very rigid about this but I haven't found their numbers are great. I think once the internet came a great many were exposed to variety of ways of thinking about the rapture. I think pastors know a lot of people in the congregations don't necessarily see eye to eye with the Pre Trib position. I think they show a lot more flexibility about PreTrib, Post Trib differences then years ago. Maybe not all places but most.
Bobber, what do you think of this? I have solid Scriptural evidence that the pre-Trib rapture is the next prophesied event. How about that?

This was sent to Cockrow two days ago. Please tell me what you think. God bless!

Cockrow, what you're saying about the 2A {2nd Advent) is absolutely correct. However, what you're missing is why the 2A cannot be the next coming of Jesus Christ.

In the 2A, Jesus clearly fulfills a descension from Heaven to Earth. Part and parcel to that descension is it will be in full view of all on Earth (Matt 24:30 and Rev 1:7). There will be billions of unbelievers on Earth who will see Jesus and they will mourn (Matt 24:30). Fair enough?

Acts 1:11 has a very important guideline for the NEXT coming of Jesus Christ. Here is the complete verse 11 (ESV): and said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.”

Acts 1:11 is about how ("the way") the NEXT return of Jesus will occur. That return must follow the reverse-sequence of His ascension. Let's first recognize that the ascension started when Jesus was in the view of believers, only (His disciples). He ascended to behind clouds, then into Heaven. The reverse-sequence will dictate His NEXT return. Jesus must descend from Heaven behind clouds, then only into the view of believers. That is the reverse-sequence that aligns with Acts 1:11. Again, Acts 1:11 is about "the way" Jesus ascended, not wherefrom or whereto. Acts 1:11 has nothing to do with location.

My friend, it is impossible for that reverse-sequence to apply to the 2A. The 2A starts with Jesus ON CLOUDS, and in full view of the whole world (Matt 24:30 and Rev 1:7). However, right at the start of the 2A, Jesus would not be in alignment with Acts 1:11. Jesus will be ON CLOUDS (not behind clouds); He's not by Himself (Matt 24:31); and He will be in full view of billions of unbelievers. That's all perfect for the 2A, but that doesn't align with Acts 1:11. Therefore, it is Scripturally impossible for the 2A to be the NEXT return of Jesus Christ.

My friend, only the pre-Trib rapture fits the reverse-sequence of Acts 1:11. In 1 Th 4:16, Jesus descends by Himself. In contrast, in the ascension, Jesus ascended by Himself. Therefore, 1 Th 4:16 very importantly makes crystal clear that Jesus will descend by Himself. In 1 Th 4:17, we won't see Jesus until we pass through clouds and meet Him in the air. We have to pass through clouds to see Jesus. That further proves Jesus is BEHIND CLOUDS in His descension, exactly as dictated by the reverse-sequence of Acts 1:11. In the pre-Trib rapture, Jesus will descend by Himself, behind clouds and into the view of believers, only.

My friend, those are the Scriptural facts of the NEXT coming of Jesus Christ.

God bless!

Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

This is apocalyptic language. These events were fulfilled by the end of 70 AD. Matthew 24:1-35 explains that the temple (the heaven and earth of the Jews) will be destroyed, thereby the Jewish religious system: priests, animal sacrifices, and temple events will be destroyed. These Jews rejected Jesus Christ as their Messiah and so they brought this punishment upon themselves. God used the Roman armies to punish them.

Matthew 24:34-35 Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

According to the first century Christians, Nero (666), was the antichrist.
Some early Christians denounced their faith and fell away when they faced persecution and death.

Jesus came in judgment against Nero ("whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming)." Nero was declared "public enemy" of Rome. Nero fled from Rome and then he ordered one of his servants to kill him because Nero was too much of a coward to commit suicide. Nero blamed the great fire in Rome on the Christians and that caused them great persecution and death.

We are still waiting for the Day when those who are still on earth will meet Jesus in the air. It will be at the end of time, after the last trumpet sounds.

There will be more antichrists before that time comes. Satan will continue his malicious and malevolent assault on Christ's church until he is cast permanently into the lake of fire at the end of time.

Upvote 0