Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
✟2,160.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
God's timetable: Without a full understanding of God's timetable, confusion will be demonstrated when certain Bible subjects are discussed. Following is an overview of these time-lines, from Adam threw the conclusion of the 1000 year reign of Christ.

Using round figures lets take a look at God's timetable, past, present, future.

The first man Adam was created by God about 4004 B.C.

From 4004 B.C. until Noah's flood 1600 years passed:

From Noah to the tower of Babel 200 years:

From the tower of Babel to Abraham, 200 years:

From Abraham to Moses, 500 years:

From Moses to king David, another 500 years:

From David to the birth of our Lord, about 4 B.C., 1000 years passed.

Up to Jesus birth, a total of 4000 years had passed from Adam.

Jesus died on the cross, about 29, or 30 A.D.

From Abraham to Paul, God for the most part was dealing with the Jews, and the land.

What does A.D. mean, concerning years? A.D. comes from the Latin Anno Domni. It means year of our Master, or Lord. Today, those who reject God; those who desire to take every mention of His name from man's vocabulary, have changed A.D. to C.E. C.E. means common era. If anyone can tell me what common era means, please do so. It appears the world will do whatever it takes to rid itself of any mention of God.

Solomon's temple was destroyed in 606 B.C. The Jews went into captivity for 70 years. When 70 years had passed, about 44,000 Jews returned to Israel, and began to rebuild the temple. Most of the other Jews in Babylon, Media, and Persia began to migrate to other parts of the known world.

This is where the phrase, "Wandering Jew" comes from. The truth of their migration to other lands, and the results can be demonstrated in,

Acts 2:5, "And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven." Ver.9, Men from "Parthians, Medes, Elamites, Mesopotamia, Judea, Cappadocia, Pontus, Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia in Egypt, Libya, Cyrene, and Rome.

These Jews had come to Jerusalem to celebrate Pentecost. Upon hearing the gospel by way of the apostles, and by the power of the Holy Spirit, believed; and 3000 were converted. When these men returned to their homes in foreign lands, they revealed the Gospel to other Jews. This was the beginning of the first century Christian church in foreign lands. The gospel of Jesus Christ was being heard around, and by the civilized Jewish world.

When King Cyrus gave his decree for the Jews to be released after 70 years of captivity; these people, now were free to return to Israel, and to rebuild their temple. Ezra and Nehemiah oversaw the task, and began rebuilding the walls of the second temple; followed by the temple itself. It was poorly constructed, and much smaller in comparison to Solomon's temple. Years later, Herod, came along and finished the second temple that stood on Mt. Moriah. He enlarging it, and made it beautiful once again. For this reason, it was called Herod's temple.

But there was one major problem, God was having no part in this work of Herod. The ark was missing, the mercy seat, the eternal flame, and the levitical priesthood was no longer charged with the sacrifices of the people etc. And the presence of God was no longer seen there. The Pharisees were false priests, men appointed by Rome, and corrupt in every point of the law.

After Stephen's death, Paul met Jesus Christ in a vision, and was told to go to the Gentiles. On the other side, the apostles were told to go only to the Jews. Paul went into the desert for some 3 years before he began his ministry. I feel that Jesus Christ, or the Holy Spirit had a very intense Bible study with Paul during this period.

Some 21 years after Paul's conversion, Christian Jews became aware of the Gentiles having received the Holy Spirit, and they being a part of the church of Jesus Christ. Peter upon his vision of the sheet, Acts 10:11, from heaven concerning clean (Jews) and unclean (Gentiles) things, finally understood, and then explained it to other Jewish Christian leaders.

I am not saying Paul did not reach some Jews in foreign lands, or the apostles did not reach some Gentiles; but these were clear commands given by Jesus Christ to both.

Apostles were to go to the Jews, and Paul to the Gentiles. Paul in his travels was finding Jews, and synagogues throughout the Roman Empire, more proof of their migration from Babylon, and Persia.

In 70 A.D. the temple at Jerusalem was destroyed.

From 606 B.C. the time when Solomon's temple was destroyed until the return of Jesus Christ for his Bride, it is written,

Luke 21:24, "Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled."

Some will claim that Jerusalem is no longer being trampled under foot by Gentiles. But as long as the Moslems have a part of the land, and their temple rests on the place where the Solomon's Temple was, so it can be said, Jerusalem is being trampled under by Gentiles.

After the church is raptured up, the 70th week of Daniel will begin. The first 69 were finished when Jesus was cut off at the cross. The first 69 weeks Dan.9:24, were for the Jews. God said to Daniel, "Seventy weeks are determined upon THY (the Jews) people and upon the holy city, to FINISH the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity."

This 70th week is still future. When completed, it will finish God's promises He made with the Jews, and for the land. Finished will be the Abrahamic, the Davidic, and land covenants God made with them. This 70th week will be a very difficult time for the Jews. The anti-Christ will be revealed, and many will die. But in the end, Jesus will establish His kingdom on earth, and He will rule and reign as, "Lord of Lord's, and King of Kings."

Phil LaSpino

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God's timetable: Without a full understanding of God's timetable, confusion will be demonstrated when certain Bible subjects are discussed. Following is an overview of these time-lines, from Adam threw the conclusion of the 1000 year reign of Christ.

Unorthodox already. Millenniumism died out due to its eventual recognition as a heretical belief, and the more common form of it today, Dispensationalism, is outright Gnostic.

What does A.D. mean, concerning years? A.D. comes from the Latin Anno Domni. It means year of our Master, or Lord. Today, those who reject God; those who desire to take every mention of His name from man's vocabulary, have changed A.D. to C.E. C.E. means common era. If anyone can tell me what common era means, please do so. It appears the world will do whatever it takes to rid itself of any mention of God.

The fact is, "Common Era" was first developed by Christian themselves because they recognized the fact that Jesus was not born in the first year.

This 70th week is still future. When completed, it will finish God's promises He made with the Jews, and for the land. Finished will be the Abrahamic, the Davidic, and land covenants God made with them. This 70th week will be a very difficult time for the Jews. The anti-Christ will be revealed, and many will die. But in the end, Jesus will establish His kingdom on earth, and He will rule and reign as, "Lord of Lord's, and King of Kings."
Phil LaSpino

There is no such thing as a literal millennial reign of Christ on Earth. Such beliefs died out a long time ago until they were resurrected with additional Gnostic undertones by 18th century false prophets.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,985.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Using round figures lets take a look at God's timetable, past, present, future.

From 4004 B.C. until Noah's flood 1600 years passed:

From Noah to the tower of Babel 200 years:

From the tower of Babel to Abraham, 200 years:

From Abraham to Moses, 500 years:

I don't understand most of your post because I don't know what the 70th week is, am not at all sure about the rapture, or if I believe it.

But I don't think the bit I have bolded is correct. There were 400 years between the death of Joseph and birth of Moses alone.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Gobekli Tepe, c. 9,000 BC

GT4.jpg

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

LaSpino3

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
✟2,160.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Stronginhim the dates I have, Moses born 1520 B.C. Abraham born 2008 B.C. 500 years is correct.

ViaCrucis, The generations in Luke take us back 6000 years. I'll stay with the old school of dating.

Paladin wrote, "Unorthodox already. Millenniumism died out due to its eventual recognition as a heretical belief, and the more common form of it today, Dispensationalism, is outright Gnostic."

Phil replies, "Died out; heretical: Gnostic. Hmmmm, pretty sure of yourself. But your wrong, that's unless you have written your own Greek to English dictionary. Your out of your league when it comes to N.T. Greek with me.

I will post the following although I don't believe it will do any good. If you with all your fancy words would spend more time in the Bible you might learn something. DENY THE FACTS WHICH FOLLOW IF YOU CAN! But I don't think you will spend the time examining the facts, doubt if your interested.

The Jews were very particular in defining time. Day can be an indefinite period, and can also be one literal day that is reckoned from sunset to sunset, 24 hr. What distinguishes one from the other, is when the Adjective "one," is connected to the substantive, "Day," the time is certain. This rule also applies to months, and years. So when we say 'One thousand years," that's what it means!

There are 9 Greek words for Thousand, (1000.) Each Greek word represents a specified number

Greek dischilio, means two thousand.

Greek trischilioi, meaning three thousand.

Greek tetrakischilios, means, four times one thousand, as four thousand.

Greek pentakischiloi, means five thousand; five times one thousand,

The word we are speaking of in Rev.20:4, is the Greek, "chilias." It means, one thousand in number. How the Greek word "chilias" is used in other verses of the Bible.

2 Pet.3:8, "One day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

Rev.11:3, "A thousand two hundred and threescore days."

Rev.12:6, "The woman fled -- a thousand two hundred and threescore days."

Rev.14:20, "A thousand and six hundred furlongs

Rev. 20:2-3-4-5-6-7, "A thousand years expired." Septuagint, for Hebrew, Gen.20:16."A thousand pieces of silver." Ex.38:25, "A thousand seven hundred

Now if anyone who thinks 1000 years in Rev.20:4, does not mean a specific number of years, please explain.

Greek chilioi, is one Thousand. Its a number, and used as an adjective. The Hebrew is eleph. In Hebrew it is also used as meaning one thousand. When translated over to the N.T. Greek, the Septuagint for Hebrew eleph, is "One thousand."

If the Lord wanted to us another word not meaning a thousand, He could have used the Greek murioi, (thousands) meaning, very many, innumerable. In N.T. only plural, ten thousand. Or, O.T. Hebrew, Esth.3:9, "Ten thousand" found also in 1 Chro.29:7, used in English for any indefinitely number.

Or the Holy Spirit could have used the Greek murias. A myriad, as in ten thousand, Acts 19:19, "Fifty thousand pieces of silver." Septuagint for Hebrew, found in Ezra, "Forty and two thousand." or in Neh.7:66. Deut.33:17, "Ten thousand." Lev.26:8. Put as, in English, for any indefinitely large number. Luke 12:1, "An innumerable multitude of people." Acts 21:20. Heb.12:22, "Innumerable company." Jude 14, "Ten thousand." Rev.5:11, 9:16. Sept. and Heb. "Thousands of millions," Gen.24:60. 1 Sam.
21:11.

I'll except your apology now!

Phil

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,985.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Stronginhim the dates I have, Moses born 1520 B.C. Abraham born 2008 B.C. 500 years is correct.

I don't know where you got those dates, so I can't comment.
But there was certainly a long gap between Joseph and Moses. I have read about it in a few books, though I admit I can't remember where offhand.
The Hebrews went into Egypt in Joseph's time to escape the famine, and we know they were in Egypt for 430 years, (Ex 12:40-41). If Moses led them out of Egypt when he was 80, (Acts 7:23,30), that would mean that they were in Egypt for around 350 years before he was born. Don't forget that the Israelites grew greatly in number - they were so large, that the Egyptians were scared they would form an army to fight against them, (Ex 1:10). Had there only been a couple of thousand of them, the Egyptians would not have been so concerned. When the Hebrews eventually left Egypt, there were 600,000 men, as well as their wives and children, (Ex 12:37). You don't get those sorts of numbers overnight, or even in a matter of months.

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

ViaCrucis, The generations in Luke take us back 6000 years. I'll stay with the old school of dating.

Paladin wrote, "Unorthodox already. Millenniumism died out due to its eventual recognition as a heretical belief, and the more common form of it today, Dispensationalism, is outright Gnostic."

Phil replies, "Died out; heretical: Gnostic. Hmmmm, pretty sure of yourself. But your wrong, that's unless you have written your own Greek to English dictionary. Your out of your league when it comes to N.T. Greek with me.

I'm a historian. I know the history of Christian theology and of the Christian church.

I also know that "your" should be "you're" and that my argumenbt is based on history, not on language, which, as I've shown, is something of an interest of mine as well.

It also means the entire argument that follows the above is a Straw Man. Prove your belief by giving historic witness that millenniumism was a continuous belief considered orthodox until recent days. That is what you must do in order to answer my post for what it states.

I'll except your apology now!

Phil

Your didn't reply to my argument, offering a Straw Man instead, although I'll gladly accept a thank you for the lesson in logic or at least my correction of grammar...oh, and it is "accept"; "except" has to do with things other than.

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Unorthodox already. Millenniumism died out due to its eventual recognition as a heretical belief, and the more common form of it today, Dispensationalism, is outright Gnostic.

The fact is, "Common Era" was first developed by Christian themselves because they recognized the fact that Jesus was not born in the first year.

There is no such thing as a literal millennial reign of Christ on Earth. Such beliefs died out a long time ago until they were resurrected with additional Gnostic undertones by 18th century false prophets.

For something that "died out a long time ago" 1000 year reign of Christ is still relevant.

Why?

Hadn't happened yet.

No matter who or how many want to take the ole spiritual erasure and redo the scripture it teaches what it teaches.

Ya just cant erase it if it does not please you!

:)

BTW:

Hope to see ya there.

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Scripture is the only proof needed.

Rev 20:2-7

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years ,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years .

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years .

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
KJV

Real 1000 years! :clap:

Upvote 0

LaSpino3

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
✟2,160.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, Mr. Paladin I am so sorry for my error in spelling. But if you reject all the facts that I posted because of a mis-spelled word, I feel sorry for you! Your error is far greater than mine, yours is against God for rejecting the truth, and teaching a lie about the 1000 year reign. My post is correct, my facts are correct, and you have the nerve to deny it because of an incorrectly spelled word. Interesting!

By the way, you spelled argument, argumenbt, hmmm, now that's a yuk-yuk

I suppose I mis-spell words because I attended a red-neck school, but I'm glad to meet chew anyway."

Phil

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PaladinValer

Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For something that "died out a long time ago" 1000 year reign of Christ is still relevant.

How is a belief that died out due to both the eventual realization it was based on false interpretation as well as the fact it flies in the traditional interpretation of the Nicene Creed any bit relevant?

Why?

Hadn't happened yet.

And it never will as literally believed.

...might I ask why my points are again not being addressed? As I said, this is an argument based on history. Can someone please show proof of millennial belief continuously in the historic Christian record by a Nicene/orthodox group of any kind?

No matter who or how many want to take the ole spiritual erasure and redo the scripture it teaches what it teaches.

Except (this, by the way, being the correct use of the word) it isn't what Holy Scripture says; it is only what individuals think it does but Christianity is a religion of community that interprets collectively, not independently. Given the fact that, as a community, it condemned literal millennial belief and that it died out, it obviously was not the truth or otherwise it would have continued to be believed in.

Restorationism is not a Christian belief.

Ya just cant erase it if it does not please you!

I'm not, for there is nothing to erase.

BTW:

Hope to see ya there.

I'm not into Gnosticism; I'm a Christian. Escapism is a product of such theology and I have no interest in it.

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh, Mr. Paladin I am so sorry for my error in spelling. But if you reject all the facts that I posted because of a mis-spelled word, I feel sorry for you!

No, I reject your "facts" because they are a Straw Man to what I've said.

Your error is far greater than mine, yours is against God for rejecting the truth, and teaching a lie about the 1000 year reign. My post is correct, my facts are correct, and you have the nerve to deny it because of an incorrectly spelled word.

1. I find it hilarious and typical that Straw Men are so popularly used in reply to orthodox theology.

2. This is all an ad hom. Do not address me; address my posts and the points. This has yet to happen as I've shown and now by addressing my person, you might want to reread the Flaming and Harassing rules here.

By the way, you spelled argument, argumenbt, hmmm, now that's a yuk-yuk

Deliberate typos are an entirely different animal.

I suppose I mis-spell words because I attended a red-neck school, but I'm glad to meet chew anyway."

The reason why I brought it up is because of a claim to be an expert on languages.

Upvote 0

bornofGod888

Feb 20, 2013
Hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3)
✟3,812.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scripture is the only proof needed.

Rev 20:2-7

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years ,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years .

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years .

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
KJV

Real 1000 years! :clap:

:amen:

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

:):) Don't get wrong as do appreciate you and your words, I've got some property in Palm Springs if your interested? Absolutely impossible absolutely to be a literal '1,000' years. Just ol' old school 6th grade math: 10 X 10 X 10 = 1000, namely 10 multiplied and raised to the third degree, that of highest completeness. They begin with the binding and the imprisonment of Satan; during the entire 1,000 years he is not to deceive the nations as he once did; these years end when end simply at 20:7. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

bornofGod888

Feb 20, 2013
Hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3)
✟3,812.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:):) Don't get wrong as do appreciate you and your words, I've got some property in Palm Springs if your interested? Absolutely impossible absolutely to be a literal '1,000' years. Just ol' old school 6th grade math: 10 X 10 X 10 = 1000, namely 10 multiplied and raised to the third degree, that of highest completeness. They begin with the binding and the imprisonment of Satan; during the entire 1,000 years he is not to deceive the nations as he once did; these years end when end simply at 20:7. :thumbsup:

Keep your property in Palm Springs. In fact, take a nice vacation there and, while you're there, reread your Bible prayerfully. Who knows? Maybe you'll come away with the truth in this regard as it seems to have slipped by you until now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Keep your property in Palm Springs. In fact, take a nice vacation there and, while you're there, reread your Bible prayerfully. Who knows? Maybe you'll come away with the truth in this regard as it seems to have slipped by you until now.

:):) We do have those 'slippery' moray eels over here that don't let go after they bite, and thank you for the head's up. :thumbsup: Just ol' old dementia Jack that insanely views the 1,000 years symbolically from Rev.12:1 to 20:6, ie, to the insane appearance of Satan as the dragon (12:3) to this final judgment (20:7-10). Hey, it's not that bad to be insane. I'm getting to like it? :thumbsup: Hey, maybe Satan was and is more insane than I thought he was? :amen:

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
hey, where does the Neanderthal man fit in here? He was around 30-40 thousand years ago I believe. Just bet he prayed to some one when in a fox hole fighting the other tribes. (allegory)

:):) The 1,000 years began at the promise fulfilled at the Cross and the Neanderthal man had faith in the promise a figurative 1,000 years earlier. He definitely fits into the equation. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,985.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My post is correct, my facts are correct,

Even though you haven't answered my point about the Hebrews being in Egypt for 430 years, which we know from Scripture.

Also, how on earth did you decide that Adam was created in 4004 BC?

Upvote 0

LaSpino3

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
✟2,160.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Jake asked, "where does the Neanderthal man fit in here? "

Phil replies, "You had better catch up on your evolutionary theories; Neanderthal was not a man."

Tell me if you can, what would be the results of a human being that was crushed by 30 or 40 thousand feet of water piled on top of him? It sure wouldn't be pretty, would it? As a matter of fact, he may even take on the look or shape of what you call Neanderthal.

Phil

Upvote 0