Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I can not and do not agree with your definition of "eternal hell."

Our Father is a merciful God, that's why He sent His Son to pay the debt for our sin that we could not pay.

If we reject that mercy on this side of the grave, there is an "eternal hell" awaiting us, and rightfully so. It's righteous judgement, and would not be righteous if God allowed the rejectors the same benefit as those who chose Christ.

Search "eternal hell" =

There is NO reference to eternal hell

Please modify your search query & try & try again.

Dear young Charles: All four hells are NOT eternal, all four are swallowed up in the Heavenly Big Gulp of the Zao Christ of Glory! !

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe the Bible when it says, your sins have separated you from your God. Isa. 59:2. That separation is eternal.
That chapter is about ultimate redemption. Restoration. (see chapter heading below)
The separation is NOT eternal.

Isaiah 59:1-2 (NIV)
Sin, Confession and Redemption
1 Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save,
nor his ear too dull to hear.
2 But your iniquities have separated
you from your God;
your sins have hidden his face from you,
so that he will not hear.

Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
What 'eternal hell'? Are you just making stuff up now Charlie?

It's the 'lake of fire' which is the 'second death':
Revelation 20:14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death--the lake of fire.

See, that's the revelation, that's why it's called 'the Revelation' dude. Because it's (wait for it...) the revelation!

You're missing out on all that heavenly glory, son.
You say "What's eternal hell, am I making up stuff?"

Mark 3:29
But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

Jude 7
7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Matt. 18:8
If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

Jude 7
7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire.
A better translation will help.

Mark 3:29 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
29 but whoever may speak evil in regard to the Holy Spirit hath not forgiveness -- to the age, but is in danger of age-during judgment;'

Jude 7 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them, in like manner to these, having given themselves to whoredom, and gone after other flesh, have been set before -- an example, of fire age-during, justice suffering.

Matthew 18:8 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
8 `And if thy hand or thy foot doth cause thee to stumble, cut them off and cast from thee; it is good for thee to enter into the life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast to the fire the age-during.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
For whoever cares to answer.

What does eternal mean in the greater hope?

Charles: there are two verses in Canon that use the word "eternal", both referring to the Aidios God.

aiōnios krisis is the koine for the scope of judgement.

NOTE:

judgement, not damnation.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

'Someone' is monkeying with the wording my friend:
Strong's Greek: 265. ἁμάρτημα (hamartéma) -- a sin

No 'damnation' word there.

Jude 7

Yes, and what's the 'revelation' of that selfsame 'eternal fire' in 'Revelation'? That it is the second death. It kills death and gives life. It's the big baptism, the anakainosis, apocatastasis, paliggenesis, 3 old wog words for His Salvation. 'See, I am making all things new' (Rev 21:5). And those pesky nations, smitten with fire from heaven in Rev 20:9, only to return bringing honour and glory to the throne through the ever-open pearly gates in Rev 21:24, just as prophesied in Isaiah 60:11.

The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it. In the daytime (for there will be no night there) its gates will never be closed; and they will bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it;

Where's your eternal separation friend? Looks like eternal reconciliation to me bud.

Bingo?

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
A better translation will help.

Mark 3:29 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
29 but whoever may speak evil in regard to the Holy Spirit hath not forgiveness -- to the age, but is in danger of age-during judgment;'

Jude 7 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them, in like manner to these, having given themselves to whoredom, and gone after other flesh, have been set before -- an example, of fire age-during, justice suffering.

Matthew 18:8 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
8 `And if thy hand or thy foot doth cause thee to stumble, cut them off and cast from thee; it is good for thee to enter into the life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast to the fire the age-during.

Looks like Young is a member of the greater hope society.

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Aren't you forgetting that God made man eternal also?

And He made an eternal hell also.

Charles: You would be wise to pay attention.

There is NO "eternal hell" or hells!

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Charles: You would be wise to pay attention.

There is NO "eternal hell" or hells!

Dear F.L., this is a classic case of where carnal soteriology and eschatology create a stronghold in the otherwise sincere believer that's highly resistant to truth.

The combination of penal substitution and ECT makes for a nasty trap imho, which so many have fallen prey to.

But by the grace of God we are not completely unaware of the devil's devices.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Dear F.L., this is a classic case of where carnal soteriology and eschatology create a stronghold in the otherwise sincere believer that's highly resistant to truth.

The combination of penal substitution and ECT makes for a nasty trap imho, which so many have fallen prey to.

But by the grace of God we are not completely unaware of the devil's devices.
SM, I'll send this post to NASA and when I get the translation I'll get back with you.

Meanwhile, what part of "eternal" do you guys not understand? It's not that difficult.

• Haha
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aren't you forgetting that God made man eternal also?

And He made an eternal hell also.
Isn't eternal defined as without beginning or end?
Only God is eternal.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SM, I'll send this post to NASA and when I get the translation I'll get back with you.

Meanwhile, what part of "eternal" do you guys not understand? It's not that difficult.
Here's a shocker.
Even eternal life isn't eternal. (ouch)

• Agree
Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Lol NASA lies about everything man. Never A Straight Answer.

The fire is eternal, but your stay in it is not. But Jesus warns ppl that their stay could be for an indefinite period. For as long as it takes. You think he busts guys out of death and Hades just to bbq them forever? Dude, praying for you.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It's not rocket science, Charlie. God is love. (not hate)

• Agree
Upvote 0