God told me not to get blood drawn yesterday. Any basis for this in scripture?

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You're pretty much confined to the agreement of the Jehovah's Witnesses if that is your POV.

The fact that no other denomination, out of all the Christian churches that exist, considers the drawing of a blood sample to be wrong should be a good hint about the answer to your question. However, its blood transfusions--meaning a changeover to someone else's blood--that is the real no-no to a Jehovah's Witness. You're just about alone in refusing a blood draw on Biblical grounds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bryan H

Looking for God in all the wrong places
Jan 19, 2016
Newark
✟19,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What exactly did God say?
I was about to leave to get lab work done and said to myself "I'll watch one more video before I go". I decided to watch some guy's testimony where he found Jesus and he started going on about how you shouldn't give blood and referred to it as "spiritual currency". I don't really believe in coincidences anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That guy is probably a Jehovah's Witness.

Correction to the above: Christian Scientists also do not believe in transfusing any blood. This is because they oppose all kinds of medical care, preferring to pray to God for healing even if their problems are life-threatening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
If you hear a word from God or feel a conviction that CONTRADICTS Scripture then you're probably wrong, but...God speaks directly to us through prayer all the time. He might tell you to talk to this-or-that person about Christ. Why would you expect that to be in Scripture?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It was for routine lab work. It got me into a huge fight with my mom and dad but I was more scared of doing something I shouldn't. A quick search online yielded nothing other than we shouldn't eat blood.

God tells you that He has handled your situation. And he did.
Your task is to accept His provisions for you.

Who really wants to see God working in our lives?

Upvote 0