uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Let me guess. hearing voices. You have schizophrenia? There are several members on CF that do as well.

There's a forum
I didn't forget how to talk the spiritual tongue. I understand almost everything Christians are saying. It's cool, it's like I can understand another language.

God has blessed you!
I wander off into the theology forums and I lose even my native tongue!

• Haha
Reactions: CtC
Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Many treasures and blessings, a crown is just one thing that's specified.
I long to go to Heaven to be with my real family, my Father and siblings and be away from all pain but yes there are treasures, crowns, an abundance of pure good things.
You will be free of pain regardless, did you know in the hindu text it says "The soul is immortal and feels no pain" even while in the body.

Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
You will be free of pain regardless, did you know in the hindu text it says "The soul is immortal and feels no pain" even while in the body.

I'm not a Hindu so I can't rely on Hindu texts for any of God's Truth or Authority or reassurance.
If God is to be believed a condemned soul will endure pain for all eternity.

Reactions: CtC
Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I'm not a Hindu so I can't rely on Hindu texts for any of God's Truth or Authority or reassurance.
If God is to be believed a condemned soul will endure pain for all eternity.
"But he loves you"

• Prayers
Reactions: Saint Beloved
Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
"But he loves you"

Many are called but few are chosen.
He loves me enough to let me go my own way if I want even to destruction.
You cannot take one attribute of God and make it the sum.
God is justice love, righteous love, jealous love, perfect love, holy love.

That last one is key a holy love cannot allow evil to reign forever so a condemned soul cannot be in Heaven.

Reactions: Sam91 and CtC
Upvote 0

Aleksandros

May 17, 2017
Bangalore
✟28,296.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is what we mean -- limited earthly human methods trying to understand something incomprehensible.
Until the world learns to think differently it will remain frustrated asking the same question and getting the same insufficient reply.
God does not conform to humanity.
Humanity conforms to God.

Evidenced by faith, trust and living it out.

What is God saying to you right now are you worried about taking it on board?
Leap of faith it takes time to recognise God from other spirits.

This was timely help to me, since I have been seeking God's guidance for something, and realized I should probably just step out in faith and respond to what I feel He is telling me to do.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How many times have you heard a Christian say

"God spoke to me"

I wonder if this is real, why do Christians who claim God speaks to them only hear it personally?

As God spoke out of a cloud to himself? And others heard only a thunderclap, you don't hear such things from Christians claiming hearing Gods voice.

It's always in their heads and not likely to be verified by other people.
So what makes you think you hear the voice of God?

God does speak to us, but only through His inerrant word of the Bible.

If someone claims to have heard something from God, and it is not a direct quote from scripture, and if it contradicts scripture, in the least that person has been greatly deceived, in the worse, that person is a liar and a false prophet. In the Old Testament, God commands that false prophets be put to death, that is how very seriously God treats someone who claims to speak for Him, but is a liar. Note: I am not saying we, as individual Christians today, have the authority to execute people, but we to have nothing to do with someone who lies about speaking for God.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's like Deja Vu, you remember something that "felt" like you knew all along, but somehow had forgotten and it comes to your mind. And it's totally set apart from how you would think or feel about a situation (usually). It's like having an idea flood your mind, but you weren't trying to have an idea. Thru time it becomes much easier and recognizable, especially if you're obedient to Him in what He told you in the past. It's a relationship and why be in a relationship where the 2 of you don't speak and listen, that wouldn't make much sense. He speaks, we listen, we speak, He listens. The more time we spend with Him, the easier it is to "hear" His voice, which is thru our mind and thought process. Sometimes and very rarely do we hear Him audibly. I personally think its awesome that we can "think" talk with Him, if were ever in a situation, where we are not permitted to speak, He hears our thoughts and answers us in those thoughts, without verbally speaking a word. That's the depth of Him knowing us, and hopefully, in the same way, we know Him.

The devil speaks to us, in the very same way. He plants thoughts, mostly (but fleshly appealing) they are intrusive, totally against what were thinking and/or feeling. I'm sure you've read on here numerous times about how others are struggling with intrusive blasphemous thoughts. Well, the devil is a prostitute of Gods power, meaning, he mimics everything the Father does, satan cannot create, he can suggest, but he cannot create unless you follow the thought (think speaking) that he gives you. By showing you the 2 powers at work for our soul, hopefully, you can understand, this is the place where the battle is won. It's in the mind. And because satan gives thoughts that are of the flesh, we succumb to them quicker and easier, because our flesh likes his suggestions.

In the same way, God does this, yet we say we can't hear Him. Oh, but we can, we can hear Him just as we heard satan whisper in our ear. You just have to desire to hear HIM (God) more than satan or yourself. And train your minds ear to which voice belongs to whom.

• Agree
Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm always curious about how you can tell, how it happens, etc

The only way we are to know is to test the spirits, that which is claimed to have been spoken from God, in the light of the scripture (the Bible) that God has given us. If it is a direct quote from scripture, than it is indeed God's word. If it is not, and it disagrees with scripture, it is not of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
This was timely help to me, since I have been seeking God's guidance for something, and realized I should probably just step out in faith and respond to what I feel He is telling me to do.

God's peace, guidance and blessings be with and upon you, brother :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Aleksandros
Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Holy Spirit enlightens our visions and makes us aware of the already fully revealed truth of God as taught in Scripture and the Sacred Tradition of the church.

The Holy Ghost paints Christ for our eyes and he comfort us in our struggles, guides us through life.
There is no reason to think that additional teaching are needed, I'd even go further and refer to such "add-ons" as something potentially very alluring and possibly gravely sinful.
St Paul's words about adding to scripture seems fitting.

This is a contradictory statement. The Roman Catholic church has added very much to doctrine that is clearly not in scripture.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Aleksandros

May 17, 2017
Bangalore
✟28,296.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's like Deja Vu, you remember something that "felt" like you knew all along, but somehow had forgotten and it comes to your mind. And it's totally set apart from how you would think or feel about a situation (usually). It's like having an idea flood your mind, but you weren't trying to have an idea. Thru time it becomes much easier and recognizable, especially if you're obedient to Him in what He told you in the past. It's a relationship and why be in a relationship where the 2 of you don't speak and listen, that wouldn't make much sense. He speaks, we listen, we speak, He listens. The more time we spend with Him, the easier it is to "hear" His voice, which is thru our mind and thought process. Sometimes and very rarely do we hear Him audibly. I personally think its awesome that we can "think" talk with Him, if were ever in a situation, where we are not permitted to speak, He hears our thoughts and answers us in those thoughts, without verbally speaking a word. That's the depth of Him knowing us, and hopefully, in the same way, we know Him.

The devil speaks to us, in the very same way. He plants thoughts, mostly (but fleshly appealing) they are intrusive, totally against what were thinking and/or feeling. I'm sure you've read on here numerous times about how others are struggling with intrusive blasphemous thoughts. Well, the devil is a prostitute of Gods power, meaning, he mimics everything the Father does, satan cannot create, he can suggest, but he cannot create unless you follow the thought (think speaking) that he gives you. By showing you the 2 powers at work for our soul, hopefully, you can understand, this is the place where the battle is won. It's in the mind. And because satan gives thoughts that are of the flesh, we succumb to them quicker and easier, because our flesh likes his suggestions.

In the same way, God does this, yet we say we can't hear Him. Oh, but we can, we can hear Him just as we heard satan whisper in our ear. You just have to desire to hear HIM (God) more than satan or yourself. And train your minds ear to which voice belongs to whom.

I've noticed things like this too, thank you, friend! You've given me reassurance. What you said about God hearing our thoughts is true, too. There have been times where I wished for something without praying, and it happened. I don't expect it all the time - I needed it then, but it's lovely.

Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
This is a contradictory statement. The Roman Catholic church has added very much to doctrine that is clearly not in scripture.

Yeah that's where it gets confusing and territorial when inferences and interpretations are formulated into practical applications but not just for the person who comes to that conclusion to do in their life but is demanded on for everyone else to also do on the concluding person's authority on penalty of losing salvation.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single

There really isnt, but im not going to take this thread of topic by making it a discussion of the Sola Scripture fallacy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Yeah that's where it gets confusing and territorial when inferences and interpretations are formulated into practical applications but not just for the person who comes to that conclusion to do in their life but is demanded on for everyone else to also do on their concluding person's authority on penalty of losing salvation.

And we`re back at the Papacy which I have spent over hundreds of post to explain in the past.
I think we`re better of leting OP has her thread.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've noticed things like this too, thank you, friend! You've given me reassurance. What you said about God hearing our thoughts is true, too. There have been times where I wished for something without praying, and it happened. I don't expect it all the time - I needed it then, but it's lovely.
You are very welcome. He knitted us in our mother's womb, He's our creator. He knows our thoughts from afar, even before we "think" them. That's what makes HIM so powerful and wonderful. His spirit is inside of us, and the two communicate in a loving relationship, that's why pray without ceasing is very possible, we can pray within, as well as we can pray by speaking, it's a relationship. Think of those that have died for their beliefs, beheaded, possibly gagged where they couldn't cry out to God, OH but they could, within themselves they have HIM, the conversation continues without ever speaking a word, that's intimacy.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27

True His voice sounded like thunder, another way " And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice." I Kings 19:12

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Heb 4:12

There's a variety of ways Yahweh's speaks - anyway, He wants to.

Recommend "How to Hear God's Voice in a Noisy World" by Teresa Seputis. The reason why her book is different is because it gives practical applications to learn to hear Him with checking for accuracy. I've heard her book is available in pdf.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
And we`re back at the Papacy which I have spent over hundreds of post to explain in the past.
I think we`re better let the OP has her thread.

Actually I meant ANY believer interpreting Scripture coming to a conclusion and applying it in a practical way not being content with that but demanding others do it and judgeing them for not doing it. One keeps a holy day the other keeps it on a different day, one eats meat the other doesn't but don't judge it. WHATEVER YOU DO DO IT FOR THE LORD.
Protestants are as guilty of this as are the Orthodox.
As hard as it might be for you to believe me and quite frankly I don't care because WHO AM I - I had no thought of the papacy during this thought or typing of it.
God gives us all convictions it doesn't mean they are for everyone, sometimes yes, sometimes God wants some thing done by that one specific person.

Judge me and you will be judged using the same measure.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Actually I meant ANY believer interpreting Scripture coming to a conclusion and applying it in a practical way not being content with that but demanding others do it and judgeing them for not doing it. One keeps a holy day the other keeps it on a different day, one eats meat the other doesn't but don't judge it. WHATEVER YOU DO DO IT FOR THE LORD.
Protestants are as guilty of this as are the Orthodox.
As hard as it might be for you to believe me and quite frankly I don't care because WHO AM I - I had no thought of the papacy during this thought or typing of it.
God gives us all convictions it doesn't mean they are for everyone, sometimes yes, sometimes God wants some thing done by that one specific person.

Judge me and you will be judged using the same measure.

I dont think its wise to judge each other.
Things is that its sometimes hard to read the intent into a written post.

I clearly misread your post and for that I appologise :)

Upvote 0