Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Now, answer the question. Was it God or Satan? The only answer I require is "it was God" or "It was Satan." Nothing more and nothing less.

Sorry, but no one gets to mandate to me exactly how I will respond to a question. I answered already in the way I thought best. You will not get a different answer from me.

Over the years as a contributor to forums on the internet and Christians I meet, I find that they fall into two distinct categories.

One. The Christian that has been taught that the supernatural is not needed today and we can rely totally on the Bible.

Two, the supernatural is as much part of the experience of Christians as they have ever been.

This is what is called a false dichotomy. There are other categories into which believers may fall. I, for example, don't reside precisely in either of the categories you've laid out. I have not been taught that the supernatural is not active today. What's more, I have witnessed God act supernaturally in my life and the life of others many times. But this doesn't mean I shouldn't rely very heavily upon God's word. I should and I must. And so I do.

Because your initial dichotomy is false all that you erect upon it in the remainder of your post is also false. You are offering a Strawman that you can easily knock down. This is a common fallacy of argument I see Christians employing far too often these days.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Sorry, but no one gets to mandate to me exactly how I will respond to a question. I answered already in the way I thought best. You will not get a different answer from me.

That is the answer I expected. if you say it was God it blows your theories out of the window. If you say it was Satan you are blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Because your initial dichotomy is false all that you erect upon it in the remainder of your post is also false. You are offering a Strawman that you can easily knock down. This is a common fallacy of argument I see Christians employing far too often these days.

That is your problem you don't see anything outside of your blinkered existence which is a case of my theology is my salvation and anyone who does not agree with me is wrong. And your reply will prove what I have just said.

Oh, and by the way, I don't give a damn what you think about my post as you are so left field in your beliefs they are completely laughable and I am sure I won't be going to hell because I said that damned word.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That is the answer I expected. if you say it was God it blows your theories out of the window. If you say it was Satan you are blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

So your hope of springing this trap failed. This isn't my first rodeo. I can see such an obvious set up quite easily. Hence the response to your story and question that I gave.

That is your problem you don't see anything outside of your blinkered existence which is a case of my theology is my salvation and anyone who does not agree with me is wrong. And your reply will prove what I have just said.

Easy now. No need to get all up-in-arms. I don't agree with you and I have explained why. If you don't agree, that's fine. But saying my existence is "blinkered" shows testiness on your part, rather than blindness on mine.

Oh, and by the way, I don't give a damn what you think about my post as you are so left field in your beliefs they are completely laughable and I am sure I won't be going to hell because I said that damned word.

Looks like someone doesn't know how to handle well-reasoned disagreement. This is fairly typical of those claiming to be living in the supernatural power of God's Spirit. This is why the Bible tells us the real test of a person living in submission to God's Spirit and His power is the fruit of the Spirit (Ga. 5:22, 23) which you have just demonstrated is lacking in you.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So your hope of springing this trap failed. This isn't my first rodeo. I can see such an obvious set up quite easily. Hence the response to your story and question that I gave.

I have no interest in your rodeo activities and thank you for proving what I said in your reply as I said you would.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

full

Let's please stick the OP's original topic in reply to his questions. Do not debate each other or flame if it gets heated - thank you.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Every word in the Bible was once preached / spoken. When you close the Bible God is still very much alive. Who can say that God has remained silent since the last letter was put down in scripture?

I believe that God enables people to be open to His words, His thoughts, His help.

The Holy Spirit dwells within us.

Upvote 0

marsch

Mar 1, 2023
ohio
✟7,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
How many times have you heard a Christian say

"God spoke to me"

I wonder if this is real, why do Christians who claim God speaks to them only hear it personally?

As God spoke out of a cloud to himself? And others heard only a thunderclap, you don't hear such things from Christians claiming hearing Gods voice.

It's always in their heads and not likely to be verified by other people.
So what makes you think you hear the voice of God?
Well, I believe that God speaks out loud to those who are humble enough to know if or when to share it with others.

Upvote 0

Reasonable Christian

Dec 15, 2020
Maryland
✟19,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How many times have you heard a Christian say

"God spoke to me"

I wonder if this is real, why do Christians who claim God speaks to them only hear it personally?

As God spoke out of a cloud to himself? And others heard only a thunderclap, you don't hear such things from Christians claiming hearing Gods voice.

It's always in their heads and not likely to be verified by other people.
So what makes you think you hear the voice of God?
As a lifelong Christian, I can say with confidence that God speaks to me through the Bible and occasionally through the advice of other Godly people. I don’t hear a voice in my head, and honestly I‘m skeptical of those who claim they do. In my experience, the vast majority of the time people claim to hear God telling them through an (unverifiable) voice in their head to do this or that, they‘re looking for a justification for doing something they wanted to do anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IoanC

Oct 9, 2022
Ploiesti, Prahova
Visit site
✟29,183.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
God has spoken to us, indirectly, through His laws. Those who struggle to fulfill God's laws, may experience a more personal grace of God. God is very serious regarding His self-revelation which is usually available to the saints. We all have to become saints in order to be saved, but first you have to prove your own seriousness and patience, your actual virtue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0