uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Hey who said I was a problem? I might've been a problem child but in no way, shape or form, am I a problem now. I'm mature!

Not me I'm still a stomping temper tantrum, yelling, demanding, crybaby who loves stories and sweet things and not healthy green veggies.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Not me I'm still a stomping temper tantrum, yelling, demanding, crybaby who loves stories and sweet things and not healthy green veggies.
Good to see someone cherishes their inner 2 year old!

Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
I know you`re Anabaptist and I`m Catholic, but this you said above is very sound in my ears and is something which I`m occupying myself with a great deal.
Im thinking of perhaps applying to have my formation in Rome ( I already have a bachelor in theology though its Lutheran) if I feel called to the priesthood.

The vocation is the difficult thing to sort out if ones having or not...

We are one in Christ.
The same Saviour.
God bless you and your calling!

Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
That is funny. Well are you sure God is saying that? What methods are you using to determine such knowledge.

This is what we mean -- limited earthly human methods trying to understand something incomprehensible.
Until the world learns to think differently it will remain frustrated asking the same question and getting the same insufficient reply.
God does not conform to humanity.
Humanity conforms to God.

Evidenced by faith, trust and living it out.

What is God saying to you right now are you worried about taking it on board?
Leap of faith it takes time to recognise God from other spirits.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
This is God speaking through me now:
"Hi. Guys. Can you tell Paul to get off these forums and do some housework. He really needs to clean up the house. That would be great. Me bless. "

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
That is funny. Well are you sure God is saying that? What methods are you using to determine such knowledge.
The God of commonsense versus the lazy wretch.

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Beloved
Upvote 0

CtC

Worship is a Lifestyle
Site Supporter
Oct 25, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟195,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The world wants us to be intelligent, successful, rich, every one for themselves, have abundance, luxury, instant gratification, popular etc and they can't understand why some would choose not to be intellectually competitive, endure or crave poverty, community over self, patience and be social outcasts.

So true. The 'best' you can comprehend is what you've experienced. If you experience the mercy of God, the grace of Jesus Christ, and the presence of the Holy Spirit, then everything else is bland and pale.

And the truth that they find hard to believe is that this life and everything in it pales in comparison to what we've been promised in the next if we endure hardship in this one we'll get 100 x this next. But many don't want to wait for better, they have it good now and are content with a small picture worldview instead of God's big picture worldview. That's their choice or ignorance.

It's not easy giving up your life to follow God instead of yourself but to us it is worth it.
Like an expectant mother dreading the pain of labour but looking forward to meeting her child and afterwards forgetting the pain.

I am just not interested in what I will or will not receive, here or 'there'. I only want to worship God. Along the way, He speaks into my heart, prompts me to act, pulls me toward His blessing, and pushes me to step into new territory.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
A child, provided it's not abused in any way, will naturally look up to their parents and trust absolutely and be carefree living in the moment not demanding evidence and proof of love and care.
This is how it is with believers as adopted children of God.

An abused child will fear their parents and the evidence of unlove and no care is obvious.
This is how it is with unbelievers as biological children of Satan.

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
This is what we mean -- limited earthly human methods trying to understand something incomprehensible.
Until the world learns to think differently it will remain frustrated asking the same question and getting the same insufficient reply.
God does not conform to humanity.
Humanity conforms to God.

Evidenced by faith, trust and living it out.

What is God saying to you right now are you worried about taking it on board?
Leap of faith it takes time to recognise God from other spirits.
Gods not saying anything to me, because if I thought he was I'd have to call my mental health worker.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
So true. The 'best' you can comprehend is what you've experienced. If you experience the mercy of God, the grace of Jesus Christ, and the presence of the Holy Spirit, then everything else is bland and pale.

I am just not interested in what I will or will not receive, here or 'there'. I only want to worship God. Along the way, He speaks into my heart, prompts me to act, pulls me toward His blessing, and pushes me to step into new territory.

Yes that line in Scripture about being the least in Heaven I want to yell THANK GOD I MADE IT I DON'T CARE HOW BIG MY CROWN IS!

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
For those of us who have never participated in a Christian community that freely uses "worship language" or "Christianese" as some call it, it does become like a foreign language. For me it becomes barrier to communication. Sorry Complex Chris, this might be off topic but I thought it worth a mention. It took a long time for me to use "Praise the Lord". Now I use it every day. But when I started I felt like a Pharisee, an imposter, a fake. Now I understand that for some people, it is very natural to talk like this all the time.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Gods not saying anything to me, because if I thought he was I'd have to call my mental health worker.

Understandable, especially if your behaviour was unstable in other ways.
It is wise to be prudent about health but look around you how many believers seem mentally unstable to you? There's a difference between actual mental disability and being different through choice.
You can joke but we all know humour is often a cover for insecurity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Let me guess. hearing voices. You have schizophrenia? There are several members on CF that do as well.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
You get a crown in heaven?

Many treasures and blessings, a crown is just one thing that's specified.
I long to go to Heaven to be with my real family, my Father and siblings and be away from all pain but yes there are treasures, crowns, an abundance of pure good things.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
You can joke but we all know humour is often a cover for insecurity.
To suggest that I am in any way insecure, is is is is ...well, it just makes me feel insecure!

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
For those of us who have never participated in a Christian community that freely uses "worship language" or "Christianese" as some call it, it does become like a foreign language. For me it becomes barrier to communication. Sorry Complex Chris, this might be off topic but I thought it worth a mention. It took a long time for me to use "Praise the Lord". Now I use it every day. But when I started I felt like a Pharisee, an imposter, a fake. Now I understand that for some people, it is very natural to talk like this all the time.
I didn't forget how to talk the spiritual tongue. I understand almost everything Christians are saying. It's cool, it's like I can understand another language.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I didn't forget how to talk the spiritual tongue. I understand almost everything Christians are saying. It's cool, it's like I can understand another language.
Bilingual eh. I'm not there yet.

Upvote 0