God is the Great Architect of Inequality in regards to the Ontology of Salvation ¶ John 6:44, 65

black.hawk

Aug 18, 2017
Wiltshire
✟10,427.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Now, Modern science (e.g. Biological anthropology, Evolutionary psychology, and Human Biology etc) maintains that individuals are both genetically and environmentally predisposed to believe, or not to believe certain doctrines.

Therefore, some people would innately stand a better chance than others to believe, or not to believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ, based on the aforementioned.

However, we also know that God is the ultimate cause behind the genetic and environmental factors which would predispose people to believe, or not to believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ. John 1:3

This implies that God never created people equally in terms of their chances to be saved, or not to be saved. As we know that some people would always stand a better chance than others to be saved, or not to be saved.

Thus, God is the Great Architect of Inequality in regards to the Ontology of Salvation; since he never created individuals to be exactly identical in terms of their genetic makeup, nor identical in terms of their social environment. John 1:3, 6:44, 6:65

Since individuals would always differ in terms of their genes and their social environment it means that some people would always have a better chance than others to be saved, or not to be saved.

Thus, we know that human societies were never meant to be a level playing field in terms of the Ontology of Salvation; since individual differences would always entail some people having a better chance than others to be saved, or not to be saved.

Thus, some people would always have a better chance than others to be saved, or not to be saved; which implies that God has elected only few people to enter the Kingdom of heaven (Matthew 25:34), whereas the rest of humankind have been elected for the purpose of destruction (Revelation 13:8); and God decided this long before the world was created (John 6:44, 65).

Discuss.

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
God judges people according to their gifts. Your deductions assume that all need to make 10 talents, but God will only require 1 from those that He gave only 1 not 10.

• Agree
Reactions: Marvin Knox
Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, this is tough stuff...
Although the talents represent faith, which is a gift from God, those who are able to multiply the given talent(s), will be rewarded accordingly.

I'm not so sure about genetic predisposition though, and even cultural predisposition only goes so far.
None the less, God sows seeds and harvests.
Who knows exactly which mechanisms He uses?
Maybe He does use genetics and culture.
But a seed that grows up healthy between thorns and thistles is (has to be) stronger than one that grows up on a corn field, among many of the same kind.

Another thing, the ones who grow up among fellow crops might take their salvation (harvesting) for granted without ever experiencing humility and repentance (realising the Law condemns them).
Taking your salvation for granted doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

I think in reality all of the seedlings will be tried and tested.
Some will wither away, some may bloom very late in life, some will have to survive more hardship than others.

I think many of us would prefer to see all of us end up as equals though, without hierarchy among us.
But apparently some will be big and some will be small in God's Kingdom.
But i don't believe there will be envy or arrogance among us due to those differences.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟825,826.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wow, We might conclude Saul before he became Paul was predisposed to persecute and even kill Christians, but God also provided Saul/Paul with the Damascus Road experience to help him choose to accept Christ even in his predisposed condition. We are not all clones of each other and start from different positions in life, but God can work through all that to give every mature adult the same opportunity to make the same choice of accepting or rejecting God's charity (grace/mercy/Love/forgiveness).

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This implies that God never created people equally in terms of their chances to be saved, or not to be saved. As we know that some people would always stand a better chance than others to be saved, or not to be saved.
God created everyone equal originally and before the fall and the resultant curse.

The scriptures do not present all cursed men as equal or even worthy of being saved.

You are blaming God for something which is the result of our own sin and not as He created human kind.

Besides that - God does not "owe" anyone salvation much less everyone.

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You are blaming God for something whic
h is the result of our own sin and not as He created human kind.
You accuse him of blaming God.
I think he just wants to discuss something.
Very well then.

The people he references in the OP blame God.

He may well believe differently and just want to discuss their error.

It didn't seem to me that that was the case. It would have been quite easy to say things like "if their suppositions are true then" and the like. But he didn't. In fact it seemed that he was making the points himself.

But OK we'll go with that for now. He can clear that up very easily and I hope he will.

My points would then apply to those in error whom he referenced and not to him.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Very well then.

The people he references in the OP blame God.

He may well believe differently and just want to discuss their error.

It didn't seem to me that that was the case. It would have been quite easy to say things like "if their suppositions are true then" and the like. But he didn't. In fact it seemed that he was making the points himself.

But OK we'll go with that for now. He can clear that up very easily and I hope he will.

My points would then apply to those in error whom he referenced and not to him.
I'm not sure if they're in error.
That is to say, their thinking may be emotionally charged (seeing it as unfair), but it's a good subject to discuss in a topic.
I think many wonder sometimes, why God sows his seeds in different environments / fields and what this may imply.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Now, Modern science (e.g. Biological anthropology, Evolutionary psychology, and Human Biology etc) maintains that individuals are both genetically and environmentally predisposed to believe, or not to believe certain doctrines.

Therefore, some people would innately stand a better chance than others to believe, or not to believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ, based on the aforementioned.

However, we also know that God is the ultimate cause behind the genetic and environmental factors which would predispose people to believe, or not to believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ. John 1:3

Thus, God is the Great Architect of Inequality in regards to the Ontology of Salvation; since he never created individuals to be exactly identical in terms of their genetic makeup, nor identical in terms of their social environment. John 1:3, 6:44, 6:65

Since individuals would always differ in terms of their genes and their social environment it means that some people would always have a better chance than others to be saved, or not to be saved.

Thus, we know that human societies were never meant to be a level playing field in terms of the Ontology of Salvation; since individual differences would always entail some people having a better chance than others to be saved, or not to be saved.

Thus, some people would always have a better chance than others to be saved, or not to be saved; which implies that God has elected only few people to enter the Kingdom of heaven (Matthew 25:34), whereas the rest of humankind have been elected for the purpose of destruction (Revelation 13:8); and God decided this long before the world was created (John 6:44, 65).

Discuss.
And all that makes very little difference since no one knows with absolute certainty whether or not they're saved anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Discuss.

Your premise is a fallacy. It's the fallacy of Reification, Science doesn't doesn't maintain anything, it's a process. Scientists maintain ideas and concepts. Scientists also have biases. If you can present evidence that people are genetically and environmentally predisposed to believe certain doctrines we'll have a starting point.

I agree that certain people have more opportunity to believe or reject doctrine, but I don't know that they're predisposed to do so.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian

Discuss.
The only possible bible supporting concept for what you suggest can be found in Acts 17, where God has predetermined the nations and their boundaries and their preappointed times. Certainly God placing mankind in areas which have gospel saturation would naturally incline people towards a certain faith of one over another, such as between Islam and Christianity. And for example a person born in the americas long before any Europeans arrived would have had no chance of ever hearing the gospel of Christ and would not have been saved. And scripture says that God preappointed the nations and their dwellings, so God knew what He was doing.
Also Scripture actually tells us that no one seeks for God, even though it says God hopes they seek for Him, people just do not unless God makes them born of Himself, they just wont seek the only eternal Father and His Son. They will seek for all sorts of false gods though.

Romans 3:10-12 New King James Version (NKJV)
10 As it is written:

“There is none righteous, no, not one;
11 There is none who understands;
There is none who seeks after God.
12 They have all turned aside;
They have together become unprofitable;
There is none who does good, no, not one.”

Acts 17
22 Then Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, “Men of Athens, I perceive that in all things you are very religious; 23 for as I was passing through and considering the objects of your worship, I even found an altar with this inscription:

TO THE UNKNOWN GOD.

Therefore, the One whom you worship without knowing, Him I proclaim to you: 24 “God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. 25 Nor is He worshiped with men’s hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things. 26 And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, 27 so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28 for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
The mercy of God is not equal, God shows compassion and love towards some and not others according to His purpose and will, that is God's prerogative and choice abundantly testified to in scripture. Starting with Abraham is an excellent example for one whom He chose, who is the father of us all.

Genesis 12:1-3 New King James Version (NKJV)
Promises to Abram
12 Now the Lord had said to Abram:

“Get out of your country,
From your family
And from your father’s house,
To a land that I will show you.
2 I will make you a great nation;
I will bless you
And make your name great;
And you shall be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you,
And I will curse him who curses you;
And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

Romans 4:16
Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
God's choice manifested by His power at work inside of you is what actually caused you to believe ad be saved.

Ephesians 2:4-5 New King James Version (NKJV)
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),

Ephesians 1:3-6 New King James Version (NKJV)
Redemption in Christ
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

black.hawk

Aug 18, 2017
Wiltshire
✟10,427.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God's choice manifested by His power at work inside of you is what actually caused you to believe ad be saved.

Sorry, but I refuse to accept that "God can be saved".

Such impropriety.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

black.hawk

Aug 18, 2017
Wiltshire
✟10,427.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wow, We might conclude Saul before he became Paul was predisposed to persecute and even kill Christians, but God also provided Saul/Paul with the Damascus Road experience to help him choose to accept Christ even in his predisposed condition. We are not all clones of each other and start from different positions in life, but God can work through all that to give every mature adult the same opportunity to make the same choice of accepting or rejecting God's charity (grace/mercy/Love/forgiveness).
Paul is a rare example of God's divine intervention, which resulted in his sudden U-turn on the road to Damascus; but I don't believe that God would provide everyone with the same opportunity to be converted.

However, I would welcome any Scriptural evidence to support your view that God would provide the same opportunity for everyone to be converted - Including those who are not Christian.

But all the evidence would seem to suggest that there are indeed few opportunities to know the Gospel of Jesus Christ for the vast majority of those who are born in the Muslim world.

This same would apply to the other major world religions, such as Buddhism and Hinduism etc.

Environmental predispositions are entirely the result of existing opportunities, or the lack of opportunities. Left to their own devices it seems that the vast majority of people are unlikely to ever change their religion, but God's divine intervention is the only thing which is likely to make a difference.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

black.hawk

Aug 18, 2017
Wiltshire
✟10,427.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not so sure about genetic predisposition though, and even cultural predisposition only goes so far....Maybe He does use genetics and culture.
According to Psychology 101, your personality (or phenotypic expression) is the result of complex interaction between your DNA and the social environment.

Now, the psychological definition of one's personality includes the propensity to believe, or not to believe certain doctrines, such as the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I think many of us would prefer to see all of us end up as equals though, without hierarchy among us.
But apparently some will be big and some will be small in God's Kingdom.
But i don't believe there will be envy or arrogance among us due to those differences.
Apparently, the Bible seems to support the concept of a social hierarchy, such as the contrast between honour and dishonour in Romans 9:21; and there can be no doubt that Jesus Christ is supreme in the Ontology of the New Testament = Philippians 2:10-11.

Btw, why do you call yourself "Russian bot" if you're situated in the Netherlands? Are you Putin's spokesman?

Last edited:
Upvote 0