jjust19

Jun 5, 2013
QLD, Australia
✟7,836.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
My faith is literally on death's door after succumbing to the notion that my creator, keeper and closest thing I have to a father could possibly hate me. Though naive, I've always seen God as one of eternal love, joy and mercy. But in saying this, my world was shattered when I finally took note of verses that contradicted mainstream Christianity's concept of God. I myself have to the conclusion that all that is negative in my life stems from not only the devil, but God's animosity towards me. I don't read the Bible or pray anymore due to the hopelessness of knowing that even my own creator finds me abhorrent.

The vereses of Hatred:

Leviticus 20:23 - “And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them

Leviticus 26:30 - “And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.”

Deuteronomy 32:19 - “And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters.”

Psalm 5:5 - “The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.”

Psalm 5:6 - “Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man

Psalm 10:3 - “For the wicked boasteth of his heart’s desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth

Psalm 11:5 - “The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth

Psalm 53:5 - “There were they in great fear, where no fear was: for God hath scattered the bones of him that encampeth against thee: thou hast put them to shame, because God hath despised them

Psalm 73:20 - “As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image

Psalm 78:59 - “When God heard this, he was wroth, and greatly abhorred Israel

Psalm 106:40 - “Therefore was the wrath of the LORD kindled against his people, insomuch that he abhorred his own inheritance.”

Proverbs 6:16-19 - “These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.”

Proverbs 22:14 - “The mouth of strange women is a deep pit: he that is abhorred of the LORD shall fall therein

Lamentations 2:6 - “And he hath violently taken away his tabernacle, as if it were of a garden: he hath destroyed his places of the assembly: the LORD hath caused the solemn feasts and sabbaths to be forgotten in Zion, and hath despised in the indignation of his anger the king and the priest.”

Hosea 9:15 - “All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.”

Zechariah 11:8 - “Three shepherds also I cut off in one month; and my soul lothed them, and their soul also abhorred me.”

Malachi 1:3 - “And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.”

Romans 9:13 - “As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated

I just can't worship someone who hates me. I sin, just like everyone else. I want to attenuate the impact of my sin as much as possible, but there isn't exactly a clear-cut method to being a Christian.

Near

In Christ we rise
Dec 7, 2012
✟24,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them. But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him, (Colossians 3:5-10 NKJV)

Mainstream "Christianity"... There is no fear of God there.

Want to have peace?

Go and sin no more.

Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up. (James 4:7-10 NKJV)

Holiness matters. Be holy.

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hate?

Why would you consider it hateful for God to come to earth in the form of man, live the perfectly obedient life YOU could not and then die IN YOUR PLACE for the forgiveness of YOUR SINS? That's the most loving thing I've ever heard of. How could it be considered hate for God to do that for you?

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The verses you have posted don't represent the full picture that Scripture gives concerning God's attitude toward us. Why are you not taking the full counsel of Scripture in assessing God's attitude toward you? Why have you lit upon these verses as though they are the only ones in Scripture speaking to God's character and heart? What about those verses, which far exceed in number the ones you have posted, that declare God's compassion, mercy, grace and love toward us?

I just can't worship someone who hates me. I sin, just like everyone else.
God hates sin. Sin, however, does not exist separate from the sinner. God cannot judge and send sin to hell. No, sin arises from the sinner and therefore it is the sinner who stands under the wrath of God unless he/she has accepted the gift of salvation He offers to all in Christ. But God's hatred and wrath are turned aside by a persons acceptance of Christ as their Saviour and Lord. In Christ a person finds reconciliation and acceptance from God rather than His wrath. For the one who is saved, God becomes an adoptive Heavenly Father.

I want to attenuate the impact of my sin as much as possible, but there isn't exactly a clear-cut method to being a Christian.
This is completely false. In fact, the very opposite is true. Who has taught you such mistaken things?

Selah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My faith is literally on death's door after succumbing to the notion that my creator, keeper and closest thing I have to a father could possibly hate me. Though naive, I've always seen God as one of eternal love, joy and mercy. But in saying this, my world was shattered when I finally took note of verses that contradicted mainstream Christianity's concept of God. I myself have to the conclusion that all that is negative in my life stems from not only the devil, but God's animosity towards me. I don't read the Bible or pray anymore due to the hopelessness of knowing that even my own creator finds me abhorrent.

The vereses of Hatred:

Leviticus 20:23 - “And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.”

Leviticus 26:30 - “And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.”

Deuteronomy 32:19 - “And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters.”

Psalm 5:5 - “The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.”

Psalm 5:6 - “Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.”

Psalm 10:3 - “For the wicked boasteth of his heart’s desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth.”

Psalm 11:5 - “The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.”

Psalm 53:5 - “There were they in great fear, where no fear was: for God hath scattered the bones of him that encampeth against thee: thou hast put them to shame, because God hath despised them.”

Psalm 73:20 - “As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image.”

Psalm 78:59 - “When God heard this, he was wroth, and greatly abhorred Israel:”

Psalm 106:40 - “Therefore was the wrath of the LORD kindled against his people, insomuch that he abhorred his own inheritance.”

Proverbs 6:16-19 - “These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.”

Proverbs 22:14 - “The mouth of strange women is a deep pit: he that is abhorred of the LORD shall fall therein.”

Lamentations 2:6 - “And he hath violently taken away his tabernacle, as if it were of a garden: he hath destroyed his places of the assembly: the LORD hath caused the solemn feasts and sabbaths to be forgotten in Zion, and hath despised in the indignation of his anger the king and the priest.”

Hosea 9:15 - “All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.”

Zechariah 11:8 - “Three shepherds also I cut off in one month; and my soul lothed them, and their soul also abhorred me.”

Malachi 1:3 - “And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.”

Romans 9:13 - “As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.”

I just can't worship someone who hates me. I sin, just like everyone else. I want to attenuate the impact of my sin as much as possible, but there isn't exactly a clear-cut method to being a Christian.
None of what you say is true...
Those verses you quote from were not written to you but
were for specific circumstances when God was judging those
who were choosing evil over His love, grace and mercy and besides
we know that God hated the sin and not the people as
HE SENT HIS OWN SON TO DIE FOR THE SINS OF ALL MEN.

You have taken a few scriptures out of context and somehow applied them to
yourself while denying the words of Christ spoken to all men that clearly
declare God's love for all men.

Christ is the highest revealation of God to man.

Christ is God in the flesh.

God came to earth as a man to make Himself plainly understood.

Christ is God with man.

God in the form of Christ took on Himself all the sin, blame and shame
of all men so that if we would believe that He is not a liar and we
receive His truth given to all men, face to face in Christ, we would
be pardoned for all our sins and give eternal life.

God is not telling you that He hates you, the devil is the one quoting
scripture (as he did to Christ) to you to deceive you and driving you away from God's love
as clearly expressed in God with man, Jesus Christ.

God died in your place of judgement so if this isn't true love then
there is no such thing as love in the universe.

Read the gospel of John and plant God's good seed of His absolute truth
into your heart so that you might see the lies and deception the devil
is feeding you to drive you away from salvation in Christ.

Don't slap away God's loving hand extended to you while misquoting His
word and falsely applying it to yourself.

God is not a liar and when He declares that all your sins are forgiven in Christ
and you have eternal life when you believe that He is not a liar but speaks the truth,
so then why don't you take Him at His word instead of trying to prove Him a liar
with scriptures that you don't understand.

The devil is the liar, not Jesus Christ.....

Hope this helps...

http://youtu.be/09rRLFFzuOE

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MLEN

Aug 4, 2009
✟8,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi jjust19,

I have just now prayed for you to be delivered from such negative thoughts, because God does INDEED love you. In the meantime, it would be better if you dwelled on the below verses instead:

In this is love, not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his son to be a propitiation for our sins (1 John 4:10)

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16)

But God shows his love for us in that while we were sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8)

And to know the love of Christ surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God (Ephesians 3:19)

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?...neither death nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:35-39)

I have loved you with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3)

And the life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me (Galatians 2:20)

So now faith, hope and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love (1 Corinthians 13:13)

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love (John 15:9)

Greater love has no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends (John 15:13)

As far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us (Psalm 103:12)

Jesus has set you free, so you are free indeed. Therefore walk in the newness of life he has given you. Walk by faith, not by what you feel or even see happening in your life right now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

God speaks to two groups of people in the Bible; those who approach Him based on faith in His grace and exclusive of their own performance, good or bad; and everyone else. it doesn't matter whether you are a satan worshiper that actively hates God or someone who thinks your 'sins' are so grievous that they could never be forgiven or someone who thinks your 'good' performance qualifies you to approach Him, etc. - your focus is not on His mercy, grace and goodness, so you aren't able to receive these blessings even though He has already made them available to you.

if you have sought Him in the past with a right heart, none of the verses you quote about His hatred for those who reject Him apply to you. it is very dangerous for you to consider that God is a partner with the devil in anything, as you are agreeing with the father of lies instead of the Father of Truth. God doesn't hate you if you seek Him in spirit and in truth; instead He has paid the ultimate price so that you will have no reason to be afraid of His judgment and punishment, or His hatred - if you seek Him based exclusively on His goodness and independent of your own performance, good or bad.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear jjust19. God is Love, and God does not hate, God abhors. Those verses you are reading are not meant for you. In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus tells a Lawyer: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: Love thy neighbour as thyself." Then Jesus gives this great fact: " On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." God wants our Love, freely given and No conditions tagged on. How do we follow this? We start by treating all we know and all we meet, friends or not friends, we treat them as we would love to be treated: kindly and always with friendly words. God sees our sincere efforts, and God will bless us.
Jesus will give us His Love and Joy, and the Holy Spirit will empower us with His Love, also. We Ask and we will receive: ( Matthew 7: 7-10) We ask God in prayer, then we thank God, and share all Love and Joy with our neighbour.
We keep asking God and thanking God, and sharing all Love and Joy with our neighbour. We might stumble or forget, but then we ask God to forgive us, and carry on Loving and Caring.
God is Love, and God wants loving children/sons and daughters. A Christian`s
great weapon is Love, with love we will overcome all enmity and wrong behaviour. Jesus our Saviour will help and guide us: Jesus Is The Way.
I say this with love, jjust19. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is not capable of hate for his creation. He hates the sin, but not the sinner. We have to realize that we live in a world controlled by the devil. This was proven in the Bible when Satan took Jesus to the top of the mountain and said 'I will give all this to you, if you worship me' - he could not give something away that did not belong to him. Bad things happen to good people. This is not God doing it. Jesus will change all this when he returns and Satan will be defeated forever and no longer can influence anyone. Jesus died for you. He loved you so much that he gave it all.

Upvote 0

theophilus40

Nov 6, 2012
✟8,807.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I myself have to the conclusion that all that is negative in my life stems from not only the devil, but God's animosity towards me.
God is the source of all that it good in your life. Whatever is bad in your life is the result of sin; not just the sins you have committed but the effects that Adam's sin has had on you and the rest of the human race. God is absolutely good but because he is good he must judge all sin. But although your sins must be judged you can avoid suffering the punishment you deserve.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
(Romans 5:8 ESV)

If you put your faith in Christ he will take on himself all of your guilt and you won't have to suffer for your sins.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thatforumguy77

Random Person
Nov 5, 2013
✟8,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Unfortunately, I cannot encourage you without clearing things up from your initial post. There is a real danger in looking at those passages, mere fragments, and thinking them whole.

Have you read the entire book of Hosea? It is a book that most mirrors Christ's salvation and forgiveness. What you quoted is the PAST, which shows God's just nature reacting to the sinful nation. Read onward and understand that in the same way that Hosea married and forgave his wife (a prostitute), so too had God forgiven the sinner. The other passages you quoted is also out of context. Psalm 5 was written by David whilst he was in danger, and was a plea for help, as such, he condemns the wicked to their eternal fate. This would be true too, if not for the grace provided to us by Jesus Christ, for by dying on the cross, he has cleansed us of sin, and allowed us access. There's also the others... the book of Leviticus being under Mosaic Law, which Christ has completely fulfilled through prophecy.

This is the common scripture that condemns the sinner: John 8:34 "Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin." And yet, most conveniently ignore the context of this whole passage... from verses 35-36, "Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."

This shows that us, slaves to sin, are TEMPORARY tenants in the house of Sin. Jesus was attempting to communicate the message of spiritual freedom to the Jews, to which they refused to listen to. Jesus said, "Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say." To paraphrase another parable, they have become drunk with the old wine, and thus, unable to drink the new wine. In the same way, those who have become drunk with the Law of the old covenant cannot understand the new. For only through Christ can we find the Father, since he has become the mediator between God and man. In the old testament (particularly Job), there are many who sought a mediator between God and Man, to act as a buffer between God's just nature, and Man who constantly sinned. After all, who can be righteous in the face of an all-encompassing God?

The old covenant allowed man commandments to keep him righteous, but this, they constantly abandoned and sinned, to which God punished them, but later, this anger transformed into forgiveness (Book of Hosea, one of the many precursors to the New Testament). That is the beauty of the New Covenant, that Christ has made us perfect through His sacrifice in the cross, and thus we are cleansed as white as snow.

Your current sin is irrelevant, it is cleansed (if you accept Him). You have been forgiven. His only command to us is to sin no more. Yet do you doubt His love because you still sin? News report: we all still sin, but we abhor it and we try our best to avoid it. He is forgiving. How many times did Jesus tell us that we must we forgive our brethren? Can Christ do anything less than that which He himself commanded us to do? And yet, Christ forgave us only once, in the cross, and the blood of the Lamb was enough to cover the entirety of our sinful nature and present us as perfect offerings to our Lord.

Upvote 0