Christian preaching and the talk of non Christian.

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
there is no preaching of the gospel, in this forum that is for christian scriptures, just someone stuck in old testament scripture, confusing what christian scriptures are.

this thread is about Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright. Christians should be careful to not realize we are taught this through the new test, to do nothing like transgressors do.

Esau despised his birthright.

Jacob took away the birthright; and, then he took away the blessing.

Isaac tells Esau, by his sword he shall live.

Esau hated Jacob because of the blessing.

Genesis 2529 And Jacob sod pottage: and Esau came from the field, and he was faint:

30 And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom.

31 And Jacob said, Sell me this day thy birthright.

32 And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?

33 And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob.

34 Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentiles; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way: thus Esau despised his birthright.

Genesis 2535 And he said, Thy brother came with subtilty, and hath taken away thy blessing.

36 And he said, Is not he rightly named Jacob? for he hath supplanted me these two times: he took away my birthright; and, behold, now he hath taken away my blessing. And he said, Hast thou not reserved a blessing for me?

Genesis 2740 And by thy sword shalt thou live, and shalt serve thy brother; and it shall come to pass when thou shalt have the dominion, that thou shalt break his yoke from off thy neck.
//1 And Esau hated Jacob because of the blessing wherewith his father blessed him: and Esau said in his heart, The days of mourning for my father are at hand; then will I slay my brother Jacob.

god declares, I loved Jacob,

And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste .

god asks,
Who is there even among you that would shut the doors for nothing? neither do ye kindle fire on my altar for nothing.

god declares his name shall be great among the Gentiles, his name shall be great among the heathen, says the Lord of hosts.

god asks why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

proverbs tells to not make the mistake to respect any person, to know that for a piece of bread, that man will transgress.

Malachi 12 I have loved you, saith the Lord. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the Lord: yet I loved Jacob,

3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

4 Whereas Edom saith, We are impoverished, but we will return and build the desolate places; thus saith the Lord of hosts, They shall build, but I will throw down; and they shall call them, The border of wickedness, and, The people against whom the Lord hath indignation for ever.

Malachi 110 Who is there even among you that would shut the doors for nought? neither do ye kindle fire on mine altar for nought. I have no pleasure in you, saith the Lord of hosts, neither will I accept an offering at your hand.

11 For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the Lord of hosts.

Malachi 210 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

11 Judah hath dealt treacherously, and an abomination is committed in Israel and in Jerusalem; for Judah hath profaned the holiness of the Lord which he loved, and hath married the daughter of a strange god.

Proverbs 28:21
To have respect of persons is not good: for for a piece of bread that man will transgress.

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
we saw Jacob came wisely with subtilty, and Isaac told that Esau shall live by his sword

Matthew 10:16
Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Matthew 26:52
Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

the children of the promise hear the word of promise,

when Rebecca conceived by one, even by our father Isaac.

that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calls.

As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Romans 98 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sarah shall have a son.

10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Following peace with all men, and holiness, seeing god asked those of jacob, why do they deal treacherously every man against his brother.

to not likewise fail of the grace of God; many were failed by bitterness and defiled in it.

to not be a fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

when Esau would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance.

Hebrews 1214 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Esau hated Jacob, god asked why those of Jacob dealt treacherously by breaking the covenant, god told how his name would receive better from the gentiles, who many were defiled the same, failing of the grace of god, to likewise not have peace and holiness with all, or to not see the lord.

Esau hating Jacob, is when the world hates you, but to pass from the death of this world is when we love the brothers, peace with all men.

Whosoever hateshis brother is a murderer.

this is the commandment have we from god, That he who loves God love his brother also.

1 John 3:13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

1 John 3:15
Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

1 John 419 We love him, because he first loved us.

20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I was wondering the same thing. I only saw loving your brothers makes you like Jacob.

He wrote this but i am not sure of the point, not sure what the new test is.

this thread is about Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright. Christians should be careful to not realize we are taught this through the new test, to do nothing like transgressors do.

Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟47,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
He wrote this but i am not sure of the point, not sure what the new test is.

Yeah. What does "be careful to not realize" mean? How does a person purposefully keep himself from realizing something? He must have meant "be careful to realize". But then, like you said, he never goes into the point of it being a new testament teaching.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yes the point was, there is no point in the years of reading any point anyone has given on these forums, twenty years of wasted time discussing the one thing we should know how to do, to be Christians, while only showing love for ourselves, which is the only love that can be achieved by the contention and dispute such as Esau.

one thing that is good on Christian scriptures is it is quiet, apart from threads about the old test, showing the Christian forums don't seem to know what Christian scriptures are, unknown what Christianity is any more.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
to be wise to the good, simple concerning evil, to be careful/being wise, we are taught to do unlike the transgressors, who are wolves in sheep's clothing, and graves we are unaware of that we walk over, we shall know them by their fruits which are not good, but are thorns and briars, contentions and disputes, and even more mockery, that is how we shall know them, they have nothing good to speak.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Timothy 3:2
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: FROM SUCH TURN AWAY.

1 Timothy 63 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: FROM SUCH WITHDRAWTHYSELF.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jude 116 These are MURMURERS, COMPLAINERS, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

18 How that they told you there should be MOCKERS IN THE LAST TIME , who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

Upvote 0