enroute
✟1,405,489.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
have I fulfilled the law? No, but Jesus has therefore God accounts me as righteous and someone He will accept as a keeper of the perfect law of God. I have been made clean by the precious blood of the lamb.
QFT :amen:

Reactions: XAPLTOS
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Jesus said I give you a new commandment to love as God has loved you.

We've covered this already.

(CLV) 1Jn 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we may be keeping His precepts. And His precepts are not heavy,

Upvote 0

Lucke

May 6, 2020
Los Lagos
✟21,359.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If God hated the sinner, He would not have provided a way of escape to the sinner. Repentance is the way of escape.So, if the sinner chooses to not repent,to not take the Way of escape, then his blood is on his own head. The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Yes

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Psalm 11:5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

Why many people say that God love the sinner, but hate the sin? Is sin something which can be hate? It is not alive being, who do evil!

Because He'd hate all of us.
Romans 3:23
1 John 1:8

Upvote 0

XAPLTOS

May 11, 2020
U.S.
✟19,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We've covered this already.

(CLV) 1Jn 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we may be keeping His precepts. And His precepts are not heavy,

And verse 4
For whatever is born of God overcomes the world and this is the victory that has overcome the world our faith.

notice the word faith so faith in Jesus and Jesus alone is what our victory comes from.

literally no idea what you’re even trying to prove at this point.

I’ll see you around. Take care.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
I think (and sincerely hope) that there's more to this living on Earth kick than meets the eye, because this just isn't good enough. This model, is at best, a complete mess - and personally, I don't think it's God's style to create life just so that He can threaten it with eternal damnation and 'lakes of fire' over a grudge he bears against Adam. I think that's just a simple indoctrination tactic that's been employed by certain churches over the years, who can't decipher between biblical metaphors and literal speaking.

Jesus is above all of that nonsense, I'm telling you. I've spent over 1,500 hours in prayer this year already, and I'm seeing bible verses completely differently to how I used to.

Upvote 0

TLSITD

Conservative Christian
Apr 26, 2020
Tennessee
✟22,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Psalm 11:5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

Why many people say that God love the sinner, but hate the sin? Is sin something which can be hate? It is not alive being, who do evil!

God loves the world enough to have given His beloved only Son to die for its sins. He utterly hates sin, and He hates the deeds of those who do evil (hence why the Scriptures say He hates the wicked) but He would rather that men repent and receive His mercy and forgiveness than to put them to death for their wickedness. The Bible is full of evidence of this, both in the Old and New Testament.

The people in hell are there not because God hated them (Jesus' death for all men is the proof of that), but because they don't love God.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,489.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think (and sincerely hope) that there's more to this living on Earth kick than meets the eye, because this just isn't good enough.
Yeah, I feel you on this thought. ButI hold on to this promise.
1Cor. 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

As I believe it is impossible for God to lie

This model, is at best, a complete mess - and personally, I don't think it's God's style to create life just so that He can threaten it with eternal damnation and 'lakes of fire' over a grudge he bears against Adam. I think that's just a simple indoctrination tactic that's been employed by certain churches over the years, who can't decipher between biblical metaphors and literal speaking.

I don't think you truly understand what happened at the fall.Adam was Holy, just as God is holy. He was created in the very image of God. Adam lost the Holy image of God at the fall and became tainted with the sin nature when he ate the forbidden fruit. Then, every person after Adam was born in the likeness of Adam with the sin nature, not Holy.It is the taint that all of us were born with until we are born again IN Christ.The sacrifice of the blood of Jesus removes this taint of the sin nature from any who believes on Him. Lord Jesus is The Way,The Truth and The Life. Even though we were tainted by Adam, we are redeemed by Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

God created man in His image. Even humans can love their children who do the wrong thing. How much more God? Lord Jesus said, "God so loved the world...." It is possible to hate inanimate things. I detest porridge. I love pizza.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
God provided the way of escape. Lot offered to his sons in law the way of escape, but, unbelieving, they chose to stay and were consumed with the city.
Gen.19:12 And the men said unto Lot, Hast thou here any besides? son in law, and thy sons, and thy daughters, and whatsoever thou hast in the city, bring them out of this place:

13 For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the Lord; and the Lord hath sent us to destroy it.

14 And Lot went out, and spake unto his sons in law, which married his daughters, and said, Up, get you out of this place; for the Lord will destroy this city. But he seemed as one that mocked unto his sons in law.

15 And when the morning arose, then the angels hastened Lot, saying, Arise, take thy wife, and thy two daughters, which are here; lest thou be consumed in the iniquity of the city.
Sodom was no ordinary city. God decided that enough was enough. God is love, but He also can get righteously angry. You do not want to trifle with God or try to take advantage of His goodness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
It is the unbelieving sinners who have no faith that God hates. A sinner is given the chance to repent and if he doesnt accept that chance than they've only condemned themselves.

Dont forget God is a perfect judge. He will not and cannot let the unrepentant sinners go unpunished. For people to say God hates the sin but loves the sinner is denying God his right to judge.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Paul seemed to be of a different opinion in Romans 7 saying "it is no longer I who sin, but the sin within me that sins"

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
God created man in His image. Even humans can love their children who do the wrong thing. How much more God? Lord Jesus said, "God so loved the world...." It is possible to hate inanimate things. I detest porridge. I love pizza.

If Jesus expects us to forgive our neighbors for tresspasses against us 70 times 7 times (and from context it's more of a figure of speech, not something Jesus actually expects you to count, but rather the spirit is .. forgive tresspasses), just how much greater do you think God's capacity to forgive is? If Jesus expects you to love your neighbor as yourself and then at another time exhorts you to love people as Jesus loves you, and He DIED for us, should give a scale of just how much more than us God is in benevolence.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I think love and hate are not opposites in the Bible. God loves, cares, of all, that is seen from that He is just for all and don’t do evil to anyone.

But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you, that you may be children of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust.
Mat. 5:44-45

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

When Deity talks about “hate” it not like we use the word “hate”.

Jesus tells us the both Love and hate our families, so you can still love your parents while hating them. God could not work with the nature Esau had and He hated that fact, but God’s hating Esau does not mean Esau was hell bound from the start.

So, can God both love and hate the sinner?

God allowed Christ whom He very much Loves to be severely tortured, humiliated and murdered for sinners, to help people who did not care about God, so would God allow sinners who have been given all the opportunity they can be allowed to accept His Love and yet have refused to the point they will never accept His Love to take on a lower earthly objective of helping those on earth who can still accept His Love to accept God’s Love, by going to the second death?

God is not needing, wanting, or desiring anyone to go through the second death, because He Loves them, but will allow it to help others who can be helped by the threat of hell to accept God’s charity.

Upvote 0

SaintCody777

The young, curious Berean
Jan 11, 2018
Miami, Florida
✟53,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

99% of the time when I hear that God does NOT "love the sinner but hate the sin", it usually means that God is not going to throw just the sin into hell. He can't anyway. He is going to cast the whoever is guilty of committing the sin into hell, just as a judge in court of law sentences the person or the party who committed the crime, not the crime itself, to fines, jail, probation, anger management classes, etc.
But are you saying that God has absolutely no love for sinners at all because he does? (John 3:16, 2 Peter 3:9)

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
It is the unbelieving sinners who have no faith that God hates. A sinner is given the chance to repent and if he doesnt accept that chance than they've only condemned themselves.

Dont forget God is a perfect judge. He will not and cannot let the unrepentant sinners go unpunished. For people to say God hates the sin but loves the sinner is denying God his right to judge.
God is love. Romans 1:8 "The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness."

God's wrath is against the deeds and attitudes of sinful man. Lord Jesus did not come to condemn the world but to save it. God is merciful and gracious, not willing that any should perish. The "turn or burn" message is hardly and encouragement to come to a merciful and loving God who wants to rescue sinners, not destroy them. And yes, those who refuse to accept God's mercy and grace are self condemned.

Upvote 0