New England
✟484,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if that were the case Jesus would have had to execute judgment on the sinner in His earthly ministry but instead He loved them. Either bill is wrong or God is a liar because God would not tolerate something He hates, His nature would not allow it. We are in a dispensation of grace.

Good Day, XAPLTOS

Something tell me you did not listen to the interview.Could be that I am correct and God ( is not a liar) still hates Sinners. Your false dichotomy is not very useful. So tell me did God enjoy the Crucifixion of His only Son? Or am I to believe you have reclassified sin to suit yourself.

Help me to understand the your textual understanding of this phase in these 2 texts:

Rom 9:22 What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory

Gen 15:16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.

And you take on this text:

Psa 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

He will judge is is both the judge and the justifier, he can be completely merciful and completely wrathful at the same time with out contradiction we just need to allow God to be God as he has defined Himself.

In Him,

Bill

Last edited:
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟484,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The law was given through Moses but grace and truth came through Christ.

Good Day, XAPLTOS

Was the giving of the law though Moses to His elect chosen people, a gracious act by God?

If not why not?

In Him,

Bill

Upvote 0

XAPLTOS

May 11, 2020
U.S.
✟19,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good Day, XAPLTOS

Was the giving of the law though Moses to His elect chosen people, a gracious act by God?

If not why not?

In Him,

Bill

when the Israelites came out of Egypt they came out under grace, they came out blessed with none sick not even one feeble amount them (Abraham accounted as righteous.) God walked with them in grace but there was a shift, they said we can keep all that you command of us. This action caused the Lord God to pull back from them and through this the law was given. What happened immediately afterwards they began to brake the law and sin resulting in death. The lifting of the snake was the future hope. They could not fulfill the law but Christ has, I’m not saying that the law is void what I am saying is the one who kept the law has given us His righteousness, and that is what God looks upon. The law is a school master and the power of sin is in the law. Was it gracious? Yes because through it came the need for the savior to come which was the Fathers intent from the beginning.

Upvote 0

XAPLTOS

May 11, 2020
U.S.
✟19,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
David, Malachi, and Paul, have adequately covered the point.

your response was to my post that the law was given through Moses but grace and truth came through Christ. I was just looking for you to be specific regarding the very post you responded to.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
your response was to my post that the law was given through Moses but grace and truth came through Christ. I was just looking for you to be specific regarding the very post you responded to.

You obviously know what post I specifically responded to. It has been demonstrated to be in error, according to scripture.

Upvote 0

XAPLTOS

May 11, 2020
U.S.
✟19,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good Day, XAPLTOS

Something tell me you did not listen to the interview.Could be that I am correct and God ( is not a liar) still hates Sinners. Your false dichotomy is not very useful. So tell me did God enjoy the Crucifixion of His only Son? Or am I to believe you have reclassified sin to suit yourself.

Help me to understand the your textual understanding of this phase in these 2 texts:

Rom 9:22 What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory

Gen 15:16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.

And you take on this text:

Psa 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

He will judge is is both the judge and the justifier, he can be completely merciful and completely wrathful at the same time with out contradiction we just need to allow God to be God as he has defined Himself.

In Him,

Bill

I did not listen to it yes you are correct. God was pleased with the sacrifice of His son it had a bigger meaning than just vengeance even know God did pour that out upon His son. I have no idea how I have reclassified sin please elaborate.

romans 9
Is it not said that God wishes all would come to repentance and none would perish. God lives outside of time and knows who will reject Him and who will not but He will not be held accountable for not offering a way so He is patient. 2 peter 3:9

your last two scriptures define your point.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟753,313.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God loves everyone. God sent His Son to die for the world "while we were yet sinners"

God reserves his final judgement on man once they have left this world, but until then he desires all to come to him for salvation

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟484,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did not listen to it yes you are correct. God was pleased with the sacrifice of His son it had a bigger meaning than just vengeance even know God did pour that out upon His son. I have no idea how I have reclassified sin please elaborate.

romans 9
Is it not said that God wishes all would come to repentance and none would perish. God lives outside of time and knows who will reject Him and who will not but He will not be held accountable for not offering a way so He is patient. 2 peter 3:9

your last two scriptures define your point.

Good Day,

Was the Crucifixion sin?

Not sure what the second coming (the promise) is even relevant? I am sure I have missed something.

2Peter 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming?

So given your statement "God would not tolerate something He hates, His nature would not allow it."

Does he tolerate sin, if it serves His greater purpose?

He know who is going to believe and repent because both of these are granted by God for His purposes.

2:25 Tim correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.

Php 1:29 For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake, engaged in the same conflict that you saw I had and now hear that I still have.

In Him,

Bill

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 11:5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

Why many people say that God love the sinner, but hate the sin? Is sin something which can be hate? It is not alive being, who do evil!

Are we not to forgive those who do us wrong?
I think the real question here is which covenant are you living under? Christ has fulfilled that old covenant and made a new and better one: this is foretold in the OT.
Context is key when reading the Bible. :yellowheart:

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No idea what you are talking about. Elaborate.

Again, the scripture is clear on this. I'll snip it; so that the truth will ring though in a most simplified form:

"Your law is truth"

I can simply this statement even more:

Torah = truth.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why many people say that God love the sinner, but hate the sin? Is sin something which can be hate? It is not alive being, who do evil!
In English, "hate" can mean different things.

It can mean you deeply are against a person and want nothing to do with the person and you have already judged the person as worthless with no hope.

But "hate" also can mean you don't like how that person is; but you might have hope for the person to do better, for his or her own good.

So, I do understand God hates people, meaning He can't stand how they are. But He loves them, meaning He has hope for any evil person, at all; plus, God does good to any and all people >

"For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe." (1 Timothy 4:10)

Upvote 0

XAPLTOS

May 11, 2020
U.S.
✟19,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good Day,

Was the Crucifixion sin?

Not sure what the second coming (the promise) is even relevant? I am sure I have missed something.

2Peter 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming?

So given your statement "God would not tolerate something He hates, His nature would not allow it."

Does he tolerate sin, if it serves His greater purpose?

He know who is going to believe and repent because both of these are granted by God for His purposes.

2:25 Tim correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.

Php 1:29 For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake, engaged in the same conflict that you saw I had and now hear that I still have.

In Him,

Bill

was the crucifixion sin? What a nonsense question.

As far as peter 3:9 it shows the intent of the Fathers heart which runs in line with what we are discussing.

God does not tolerate sin but we have an advocate. Those that are in the light are continuously cleansed. Christ has afforded us His righteousness.

Your vague in your approach of asking questions and leaving those to respond to assume your general point which you have yet to even state. This is not a classroom where you are some self appointed teacher leading us down the paths of your great perceptions and understandings. If you have a point state it or there is not point in continuing.

anyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. The goodness of God leads men to repentance. That goodness being His grace.

Paul is referring to himself and those who were rejecting him. These would be two separate issues. Repentance (metanoia) change of mind. Praying God will change their minds regarding Paul ministry to them.

I can’t find the word grant in the original regarding php I only did a quick look. But I don’t see your point anyways.

Upvote 0

XAPLTOS

May 11, 2020
U.S.
✟19,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again, the scripture is clear on this. I'll snip it; so that the truth will ring though in a most simplified form:

"Your law is truth"

I can simply this statement even more:

Torah = truth.

The law was given through Moses but grace and truth came through Christ. Yes the law stands and it always will, but seeing how men are unable to keep the demanding unbending law God sent His son. Jesus fulfilled the law in keeping it fully and the Father accepted the sacrifice of the perfect lamb of God. It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me. I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. The law has been fulfilled and by grace we are able to keep the law not in the letter but in the spirit. God will never perform double jeopardy my sin has been judged and the very fact that it has been judged gives me the freedom to not sin because the power of sin is in the law. For who the Son sets feee is free indeed. So yes the law is truth But not as you’re seeing it because that truth came through Christ who is higher than the law. That’s why when you fall from grace you fall from the higher position back to the law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The law has been fulfilled

(CLV) Ro 8:3
For what was impossible to the law, in which it was infirm through the flesh, did God, -sending His own Son in the likeness of sin's flesh and concerning sin, He condemns sin in the flesh,

What is sin?

(CLV) 1Jn 3:4
Everyone who is doing sin is doing lawlessness also, and sin is lawlessness.

(CLV) Ro 8:4
that the just requirement of the law may be fulfilled in us, who are not walking in accord with flesh, but in accord with spirit.

Future tense.

Have you fulfilled the law?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Law,given by Moses, is holy, righteous and good. It shows how utterly sinful man is.Man, by his nature is sinful(full of sin). The Law (Keeping it) does not deliver man from his sin nature.So that no man can boast about how he has kept the perfect law,God Himself has provided the remedy for man's sinful nature by imputing His righteousness to all who come to Him in repentance. Righteousness is obtained by faith in the finished work of Lord Jesus on the cross, not by the keeping of the law.It is only Jesus Christ in man that makes man righteous. So, no man can boast in his ability to keep the law.

Now grace is a gift, it is not earned. It is freely given to any who believe in the finished work of Lord Jesus on the cross.

Upvote 0

XAPLTOS

May 11, 2020
U.S.
✟19,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(CLV) Ro 8:3
For what was impossible to the law, in which it was infirm through the flesh, did God, -sending His own Son in the likeness of sin's flesh and concerning sin, He condemns sin in the flesh,

What is sin?

(CLV) 1Jn 3:4
Everyone who is doing sin is doing lawlessness also, and sin is lawlessness.

(CLV) Ro 8:4
that the just requirement of the law may be fulfilled in us, who are not walking in accord with flesh, but in accord with spirit.

Future tense.

Have you fulfilled the law?

romans
For there is now no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. How are you in Christ Jesus? Is it not by faith. Faith in what? The finished work on the cross. What is the difference between the law of the spirit and the law of death. I explained this to you in my last post addressed to you. The flesh is what sin emerges out of so God sent His Son in the flesh as an offering and therefore condemned sin in the flesh. NOW there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. The scripture you supplied explains my point.

What is sin? Anything contrary to the word of God. The word of God states that we are no longer under the law but under grace. Jesus said I give you a new commandment to love as God has loved you. The 10 commandments the first four are how we are to love God the last six on how we are love men. But now we are to love as He loved us and that was by grace. You have an Old Testament thinking.

1 John
Yes everyone who is sinning is doing lawlessness. Did you read the next verse? It says He appeared to take away sin and in Him there is no sin. It goes on to say that he who abides in Him does not sin, but that those who sin do not know him. This is in line with 1 John 3:9 and gives you the answer. Those who are saved by His blood can not sin, not because they don’t we all do, but because God looks upon the sacrifice of His Son to determine our righteousness. His seed remains.

romans 8
The word might or may be in the original is “should be” it is a statement of fact. We’ve already determined the difference between walking in the flesh vs walking in the spirit.

have I fulfilled the law? No, but Jesus has therefore God accounts me as righteous and someone He will accept as a keeper of the perfect law of God. I have been made clean by the precious blood of the lamb.

Upvote 0