Goals and Dreams

Q

Quoth

What are some of your goals and dreams? Tell us, and keep us updated! Let us be there to encourage you in them. I for one would love some accountability in my life that I unfortunately don't get from friends or family. So, what do you want to accomplish:

By the end of next week?
> I want to actually gross $800 again for my paycheck. That means working the rest of this week as planned, then next week working my butt off with 62 hours. That means that I'd have to work eight shifts.

By the end of next month?
>
I want to have a new job and finally have all my paperwork in order.

In six months?
> I've got a quit-date in set for September, where I will quit smoking completely.

In a year?
> I want to have enough money saved up for my motorcycle and be living comfortably.

In two years?
> I want to move to Europe.

Reactions: traingosorry

RosaVernal

que sera, sera; c'est la vie
Jan 27, 2008
Northern California
✟9,311.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
By the end of next week?
> Figure out if I get to sue someone for the first time if I am not offered enough cash for pain and suffering, getting the things I need for my business, and setting a new record for the Poetry Bender Week. (I'm at eight poems written in 24 hours right now.)

>
Have my small business up and on its feet while I take my classes, to not suffer from daily back and neck pain, and to get back my fluency en Espanol.

In six months?
> Going to Sac State to get on my way to being a teacher, possibly doing the buisness thing, and starting to put money away for when I have kids and they want college.

In a year?
> Finishing the novel I'm co-writing with my girlfriend, doing the college thing, and going back to my job as a currency trader so I can start investing to ensure that my grandchildren will be so rich they light expensive cigars with hundred-dollar bills when they retire, officially popping the question.

In two years?
> Finishing my last semester at Sac State, getting my teaching credentials, getting ready for the wedding that my lover girl and I are aiming to have four months from then in Spain.

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
By the end of next week?
> I want to have prepared for and done well on my final so I can continue to say that I've made straight A's for the past two years.

> I hope to have resolved a certain issue.
> I also I can lose some more inches or pounds.

In six months?
> I want to have done well in my internship.
> I want to have made more progress losing weight.
> I want to have a certain amount of money saved.

In a year?
> I want to graduate.

In two years?
> I want to be working (in a real job) or in grad school. Which one of those I choose to do largely depends on how the next year goes.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By the end of next week?
> I want to have survived and started successfully another school year; Friday is the first day of school for the kids.

>
I want work to be going better than the previous two years.
> I want to be making new friends.

In six months?
> I want my foot to be completely well and i want to join a gym again.
> I also want to make efforts to move towards a new career path.

In a year?
> In a dreamworld- i want to be moved on from teaching or have a better position at work
> I would like to be dating someone ( cause a lot of my dreams involve having a family and it would be nice to find someone to get that started).

In two years?
> I would like to be closer to marriage than i am now.
> I would like to have a better job.
> Unrealistically but in a realistic way, i'd like to have a baby.

Reactions: Braticus
Upvote 0

Braticus

Mrs. Marbzz
Nov 30, 2006
Canada
✟13,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
By the end of next week?
> Be comfortable with the responsibilities of my third job, and also to have enough jewelry made to put on commission.

> To be with my boyfriend and to have enough money to be able to do all the things with him that I want to.

In six months?
> To have started and completed some pattern drafting courses and be able to visualize garments and create what I envision.

In a year?
> I want to be closer to my boyfriend, at least in the same country!

In two years?
> To be producing the designs that I can dream up and having people buy them! (As an aside, although it isn't something that I can control, I would like to be married and contemplating children).

Upvote 0

Hudson Hawk

Jun 27, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,305.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
By the end of next week?
Get started on eating better and exercising( been all talk so far ). And finish putting in my car stereo.

Being ready to move into a new apartment.

In Six months?
Be moved into a new apartment. Learn a language, or at least starting one and not sure which one yet. Start planning for potentially going back to school.

In a year?
Mastered new language! And maybe in school now. And living well off in my not so new apartment anymore.

In two years?
Doing something important and more than just satisfying the self. Being in a position to help others and feeling more direction in my life. If that made any sense..lol

Upvote 0

DarcyWillow

A girl who loves God, Life, and Honduras!
Jun 20, 2008
London, ON
✟16,620.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
By the end of next week?
I'm going to Camp to work in the kitchen... so my goal is to make new friends and spend some time listening to God.

I want to have my med school applications done.

In six months?
I want to be an excellent R.A., be getting good grades, working well on my Thesis

In a year?
I hope I have gotten into a med school in Ontario!

In two years?
I want to be following God's will for me... hopefully attending med school.

Upvote 0

Fremdin

Contributor
Jan 26, 2008
✟17,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So I'm going to be Debbie Downer right now and share a little story. Yesterday at my retail job I was talking to another make-up girl and we were talking about where we were in our lives. We're in our late mid-twenties. We work retail. We did everything we were supposed to do. we're still unhappy. I actually don't have any goals right now. I have been this unhappy before but I have never been this dissatisfied. I do not know what I want. I used to have a goal to work towards and then I achieved it and now I'm left with this goal I don't think I really wanted. I just don't see a way out.
If I had to be completely honest about my goals and dreams they would be as follows

By the end of next week?
Maybe clean up the squalor I live in.

Eat less Ramen Noodles

In Six months?
Go back home, and kick around there for while

In a year?

In two years?

Upvote 0

traingosorry

I'm what Willis was talkin' bout.
Mar 10, 2004
✟14,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
By the end of next week?
I hope to have my Flash site completed and up on the web

Be ready to kick butt in my ad-copywriting class.

In six months?
Be working in a cool entry-level job doing ad design, print and copywriting

In a year?
Be financially able to really make some large payments on my debts.

In two years?
Own my own place?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Apollo Celestio

Deal with it.
Jul 11, 2007
Ohio
✟44,079.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
By the end of next week?
>To have passed my English class, and to be on my way to find a new job since my summer job is over on Wednesday.

> To have all my classes set and be back in martial arts classes.

In six months?
> To have passed all my classes and to consistently have a book I'll be reading "on the side" (Which I have been good at so far, but more so a plan.) Martial arts wise, I need to start doing exercises like lifting weights and building strength, of course not letting up on weapons.

In a year? To be happy that I am almost finished with college, set my classes for my last semester and be far along in my martial arts classes, and hopefully still be on this forum and having worthwhile posts.

In two years?
> To be in Boston in seminary, and have a black belt.

Following the Lord will be a priority and serving him will be a goal that exists now and will persist unto eternity. I may have my doubts, but I will not give up.

Upvote 0

PeculiarTreasure

Mishief Mangaged
Feb 3, 2007
South Carolina
✟27,848.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
By the end of next week?
Lose at least a pound or some inches
Visit the college I'm looking at attending

I'm hoping to be working at my church as an intern.
Still losing weight

In six months?
Still Losing weight
Hopefully having a regular job at my church or somewhere I enjoy

In a year?
Would be wonderful to be at my ideal weight
Prehaps have a bf
Be back in school majoring in music (still thinking about this one)

In two years?
Hopefully living at my own place

Upvote 0

rifle5k

Apr 13, 2006
tokyo, japan
✟8,566.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
By the end of next week?
ha? See a new movie.

>
have planned out what I am gonna do in september when i go on leave back home.

In six months?
> Furter my relationship with God and with a new church where I am moving in october to Virginia Beach. If anyone is near Langley Air Force base...i'd like to make some new friends :)

In a year?
> Have my own place off-base. Sick of living in dorms where the a/c is out all summer cause of crappy government contracting.

In two years?
> To see Italy or Israel and continue my life earnestly striving to live in God's will regardless of what of how hard it is. Finish 4 classes of college.

Upvote 0