• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Advice on sexual sin

Survive777

Mar 20, 2019
Florida
✟8,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I am new and need some advice. I suffer from sexual sin. It has been this way since I was in my early-mid teens, and I am now in my 20s. I prayed for many years for it to go away, and was stuck in the continuous cycle of sinning, repenting and then sinning again, always the same lustful sin, and feeling bad in the process. It was at the point where I was lusting like this on a daily basis. I prayed and for awhile nothing happened, but then at some point, when I was sinning I felt like I had God urging me not to. It is hard to describe, but it sort of felt like God was trying to pull me away from sinning. I ended up losing to the flesh anyways. I had another experience like the one above, but I don't remember it as well. Over time I noticed that I wasn't getting the same feelings from doing it anymore, it felt more hollow and empty. It went from daily, to every few days, to a week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months. Now, a little over a day shy of 4 months, I ended up sinning again. Instead of pushing those thoughts away, I entertained them, which was a mistake I seem to make a lot.

Now the thing that worries me, is I kept getting thoughts like "God is going to forgive you anyways, so I might as well sin." Those are evil thoughts, taking advantage of God's kindness, and I don't want to think that way. Even with those terrible thoughts, I ended up putting my selfishness first and sinning anyways. Part of me is happy because this is the longest I went without falling, and it is hard to do that. But those thoughts worry me. I really, really don't want to think that way, I don't want to take advantage of God's mercy. Now I am worried that God is not going to forgive me because I had those thoughts and sinned anyways, but at the same time, I'm not super worried, because I realize those thoughts are evil and I really don't want to think like that, and I want to continue abstaining from sexual sin, and sin in general.

I should mention I suffer from OCD like thoughts as well, but the above I don't think was OCD, I'm pretty sure that was my actual mind.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

• Prayers
Reactions: AlexB23

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I am new and need some advice. I suffer from sexual sin. It has been this way since I was in my early-mid teens, and I am now in my 20s. I prayed for many years for it to go away, and was stuck in the continuous cycle of sinning, repenting and then sinning again, always the same lustful sin, and feeling bad in the process. It was at the point where I was lusting like this on a daily basis. I prayed and for awhile nothing happened, but then at some point, when I was sinning I felt like I had God urging me not to. It is hard to describe, but it sort of felt like God was trying to pull me away from sinning. I ended up losing to the flesh anyways. I had another experience like the one above, but I don't remember it as well. Over time I noticed that I wasn't getting the same feelings from doing it anymore, it felt more hollow and empty. It went from daily, to every few days, to a week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months. Now, a little over a day shy of 4 months, I ended up sinning again. Instead of pushing those thoughts away, I entertained them, which was a mistake I seem to make a lot.

Now the thing that worries me, is I kept getting thoughts like "God is going to forgive you anyways, so I might as well sin." Those are evil thoughts, taking advantage of God's kindness, and I don't want to think that way. Even with those terrible thoughts, I ended up putting my selfishness first and sinning anyways. Part of me is happy because this is the longest I went without falling, and it is hard to do that. But those thoughts worry me. I really, really don't want to think that way, I don't want to take advantage of God's mercy. Now I am worried that God is not going to forgive me because I had those thoughts and sinned anyways, but at the same time, I'm not super worried, because I realize those thoughts are evil and I really don't want to think like that, and I want to continue abstaining from sexual sin, and sin in general.

I should mention I suffer from OCD like thoughts as well, but the above I don't think was OCD, I'm pretty sure that was my actual mind.

God will always forgive you of your sins, and He appreciates that you made the effort to abstain from your lustful sins. Just try to maintain said effort, and try to avoid scenarios that lead up to you having the lustful sins. If the computer enables you to view lustful sins, there are add-ons that can block websites. These add-ons can be removed, but add an extra step to accessing illicit sites. I do not use these sites, but do struggle with my own lusts, such as crushing on Asian guys who dress nicely. 14 months ago, I asked my Korean friend to wear my secondhand '90s leather jacket, and he looked so handsome in it. But hey, I try not to lust over him or other folks in general.

Chrome website blocker: BlockSite: Block Websites & Stay Focused
Firefox website blocker: Block Site – Get this Extension for Firefox (en-US)

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

AMBASSADOR HAT

This thread has been moved to Struggles with Sexuality, as per this line from the Addictions and Substances Statement of Purpose:
If your addiction is of a sexual nature, please post in Struggles with Sexuality (open to men and women at least 16 years of age).
In addition, other remarks posted here suggest that this topic belongs better over there.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Survive777

Mar 20, 2019
Florida
✟8,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God will always forgive you of your sins, and He appreciates that you made the effort to abstain from your lustful sins. Just try to maintain said effort, and try to avoid scenarios that lead up to you having the lustful sins. If the computer enables you to view lustful sins, there are add-ons that can block websites. These add-ons can be removed, but add an extra step to accessing illicit sites. I do not use these sites, but do struggle with my own lusts, such as crushing on Asian guys who dress nicely. 14 months ago, I asked my Korean friend to wear my secondhand '90s leather jacket, and he looked so handsome in it. But hey, I try not to lust over him or other folks in general.

Chrome website blocker: BlockSite: Block Websites & Stay Focused
Firefox website blocker: Block Site – Get this Extension for Firefox (en-US)
Thank you, I plan on continuing on abstaining from lustful sin, as well as trying to actively read the bible again. The main issue I have is my thoughts, not so much the computer. I have a very creative mind, which is great for writing stories and poetry, not so great when imagining sinful scenarios, and it is really hard to separate myself from my thoughts, because even if I avoid them for months, it seems like I always end up falling again at some point. But I am going to keep trying.

That is good that you try not to lust over other people, I try to do the same myself. Thank you again for the advice :)

Upvote 0

Survive777

Mar 20, 2019
Florida
✟8,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

AMBASSADOR HAT

This thread has been moved to Struggles with Sexuality, as per this line from the Addictions and Substances Statement of Purpose:

In addition, other remarks posted here suggest that this topic belongs better over there.
Thank you for moving this thread to the right place :)

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you for moving this thread to the right place :)
No problem. Glad to be of service. :)
The main issue I have is my thoughts, not so much the computer. I have a very creative mind, which is great for writing stories and poetry, not so great when imagining sinful scenarios, and it is really hard to separate myself from my thoughts, because even if I avoid them for months, it seems like I always end up falling again at some point.
I have suffered from this, an English major and poet. In my case, this particular type of lust fed off of mystery and intrigue (What would happen if this thing were to happen to me? Oh cool! *off to the races with all kinds of imagined scenarios*) and also hatred of my external forces (God, parents, finances, etc) that prevented me from discovering the answers.

Inside my head, this is sort of a “backwards lust” if you will. The more I pursued objective information about sexuality as regards myself, the more grounded I felt in my own experience and the more the lustful fantasies stopped. I basically have a steady, good relationship right now which has done wonders for ending my lust cycle and the horrendous amount of damage it previously wrought among my friends. Knowing what my own sexuality is like helps me distinguish it from my characters, and other people’s characters in other people’s stories and how they do it, and has relieved my lust and spiritual agony as result. As far as I can tell, from my own experience only, this type of lust is actually solved by having a relationship with a partner who is willing to answer your imagination’s questions so it does not run wild with emotional fantasies and intrigue. You need someone who is willing to support your road of learning and self-discovery.

In any event, distracting your overactive imagination with something else or feeding it cold facts about sexuality from Ted Talks or the like can work as short term solutions to help keep said imagination under control while you wait for God’s provision for a supportive marriage partner.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, I plan on continuing on abstaining from lustful sin, as well as trying to actively read the bible again. The main issue I have is my thoughts, not so much the computer. I have a very creative mind, which is great for writing stories and poetry, not so great when imagining sinful scenarios, and it is really hard to separate myself from my thoughts, because even if I avoid them for months, it seems like I always end up falling again at some point. But I am going to keep trying.

That is good that you try not to lust over other people, I try to do the same myself. Thank you again for the advice :)
You are welcome sir/ma'am. Mine is thoughts as well. There is no way of installing a thought blocker, so I would not be much help. :) But, for reducing lustful thoughts, try watching a documentary. There is nothing raunchy in most documentaries, so that could take your mind off of lustful thoughts. Also, going to a pastor or priest could help, if you discuss with him or her about your thoughts.

Upvote 0

RedeemedtoManhood

Jul 29, 2017
Metro Manila
✟22,042.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I decided to take the risk and post my miracle.

I have struggled with homosexual lust for many years, and also with inappropriate contentography and masturbation, and other stuff.

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob has reached out to me. Even if we receive Jesus Christ as our Savior years ago, if we continue in sin, we are heading a dangerous path (hell?). The Bible is very clear on this. There are just so many many verses and the meaning is clear, without straining for it to be OSAS.

I wanted out of homosexual lust. I fought it out, my flesh and the evil spirits. But I admit to you guys, I still fell and masturbated and watched inappropriate content.
There was a period where I was clean of masturbation and inappropriate contentography, but I scrolled to Facebook images and eventually masturbated.

WHAT HAPPENED

I talked with God. I was serious. I told Him I don't want this anymore. That I am surrendering every nook and cranny, every aspect of my life to Him. Not 99 %. Not 50%. But 100% of my life to Yahushua HaMashiach Jesus Christ.

Yes, God will help us. But we need to fight the lust off as our way of letting Him empower us and help us. But it is truly Him that is working, not our own efforts (See Phil 2:13).

Praise God! I felt my homosexual lust vanished at that time. So it is possible.

However, I encountered a certain stimulus in a public place. The temptations to touch were so strong at that point.

Frantically, I went to Youtube where Isaiah Saldivar and three other men prayed this Deliverance prayer from Sexual Desire and Lust. I prayed the prayer with them, where they (and I) actively addressed Satan and the evil spirits to leave me and go away and cast them off in Jesus' Name.

And you know what? I consider this as a Miracle!! Instantly, my sexual urges disappeared!!! And from then on, I am free to follow God and allow Him to empower me to live sinless. Let's walk in the Spirit!

III. A DISCLAIMER

I know, I know. The Battle is still far off, it has not ended yet while I am living. The Battle for Purity and Holiness. We will all be tempted still. But resist the Devil and He will flee from you.

My story clearly shows that God will always provide a way out of our temptations. We just have to cooperate with Him. (So, there is no excuse if we give in to the temptation, because God is always willing to help us out and provide a way out. We just have to be willing to obey Him).

Hope this helps.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Richard T
Upvote 0