Giving/Ministering?

SingingforJesus

Jan 31, 2007
✟7,735.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I would like some suggestions on ways to give and minister to others. I can't seem to be able to get a job, so I don't have any money to give. Alot of organizations seem to only be looking for financial contributions.
In my area there seems to be no places to volunteer. I've looked pretty much everywhere and nothing.
I want so much to be able to minister to others and to give of my time in some way of helping people. I have thought about something with helping people in other countries like those they talk about when asking for donations for something like Feed The Children....but all they seek are donations, which I don't have to give and can't come up with any fundraiser type things to get others to donate (tried it and it never works).
So, what are some ways to be giving, helping others, and ministering to others?

OceanFloor4

Jan 8, 2007
✟15,194.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Ask around in your local church to help find places to volunteer,...etc. But you don't need to volunteer with these various organizations in order to minister to people. Ministering to people is something you can do all the time by living like Jesus.

Upvote 0

Solidlyhere

May 6, 2007
near San Francisco
✟17,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If there is a particular organization that you believe in, give them a call.

State that you would be interested in volunteering some time.
Contrary to what you think, most non-profits are happy to have free work performed.

Certainly if there's a Habitat for Humanity office nearby, you could go to the construction site and help.
If there's a school for the blind, you could provide assistance to grateful kids.
Or, just volunteer at a local school. Over the years, I have volunteered 1000s of hours. Many of those fulfilling hours were tutoring 3rd and 4th graders at local schools. I also enjoyed helping out at a local retarded adults school.

Millions of people have volunteered. You can too.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,373.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good suggestions so far - it depends on what age group you want to work with -

This includes all ages - You can also contact your local Second Harvest organization. Commodities are distributed monthly.

Charitable organizations seem to always need help.

Older folks - Retirement centers sometimes want people to come in and do crafts, activities, music, etc.

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear SingingforJESUS

GOD'S WORD guides us to start your ministry RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE!!!

HIS work is not just in some far away place but right where you are now. You may be the only one to be abel to reach someone that needs JESUS. Work with the tools GOD has given you even if it's just a word of kindness.

GOD knows your needs a will supply all that's needed. You may need to read GOD'S WORD till the next time you read it you will already know what IT'S going to say. YOU WILL NEVER BE SORRY YOU DID!!! This will serve you for a life time.

Then prepare yourself to be ANOINTED by GOD so you will be equipped to carry out the MISSION GOD has for just you.

FOR THEN YOU WILL NEVER FORGET TO REMEMBER:

“ Believe “ in Greek is a verb and has three components which are: hearing, accepting, and then " ACTING " upon that which you have accepted. X Even though you can't see him, GOD is there!!! O ( click on the x and drag to the O ) ( then see who is with you ) steven

Upvote 0

bunced

Apr 4, 2007
✟5,413.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
There was me thinking my eyesight was fine at the normal font size . . .

To the original poster. Look and see what talents and enthusiasms you have - maybe you're gifted at working with children. Maybe you can provide a listening ear to old people. Maybe you are good at music. Maybe you have a very high standard of Spanish meaning that you could work with Mexican immigrants who don't speak English and have a difficulty adapting to the American culture and feel isolated and alone. Then use your talents to serve others - God gave you those passions for a reason :)

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There was me thinking my eyesight was fine at the normal font size . . .

To the original poster. Look and see what talents and enthusiasms you have - maybe you're gifted at working with children. Maybe you can provide a listening ear to old people. Maybe you are good at music. Maybe you have a very high standard of Spanish meaning that you could work with Mexican immigrants who don't speak English and have a difficulty adapting to the American culture and feel isolated and alone. Then use your talents to serve others - God gave you those passions for a reason :)
Dear Bunced

" There was me thinking my eyesight was fine at the normal font size . . . "

I am pleased you have been BLESSED with good eyesight!!!

Wearing glasses at the age of 63 my eyesight is certainly not what it use to be. This font size makes it comfortable for me to read.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

WE ALL NEED TO REMEMBER:

“ Believe “ in Greek is a verb and has three components which are: hearing, accepting, and then " ACTING " upon that which you have accepted. X Even though you can't see him, GOD is there!!! O ( click on the x and drag to the O ) ( then see who is with you ) steven

Upvote 0

SingingforJesus

Jan 31, 2007
✟7,735.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the responses. There are some good suggestions. I have contacted places here where I live and they always say they don't need any volunteers. I'm not sure about talents (haven't discovered any unless maybe writing lyrics is one). As for inthusiasms, I do love to sing though and have come to think maybe God is leading me to go into music ministry (come to believe this for several reasons seemingly confirmations of this as well). However it seems to me at least that I don't sing that well.
There's a few things I've considered...going to a nursing home and singing there (just can't seemed to get up the courage to do so), volunteering with something with kids (have called and every place said they don't need volunteers), and joining a choir (isn't really volunteering, but it may help in regards to the singing..problem is the only Christian type choir I know of in my area is a gospel choir that focuses on African-American worship music...I'd have no problem with that, but I don't want to be the only one not of that decent (sp?) who's there..I always seem to feel out of place around people anyhow and that would really make me feel out of place and awkward).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear SingingforJESUS

" I always seem to feel out of place around people "

Have you ever thought of how JESUS felt???

" I'd have no problem with that, but I don't want to be the only one not of that decent "

What would of happened to us if JESUS had felt this way???

How can you EVER hope to become GOD LIKE if you don't take courage and make the changes in life that is necessary to serve GOD???

WHEN DOING ANYTHING IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER:

“ Believe “ in Greek is a verb and has three components
which are: hearing, accepting, and then " ACTING " upon that which you have accepted.

X Even though you can't see him, GOD is there!!! O ( click on the x and drag to the O )
( then see who is with you ) steven

Upvote 0