Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I definitely noticed it. White supremacy wouldn’t exist if both parties didn’t participate. Younger dems are changing that but the old guard for the most part is protecting their privilege. You don’t see Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer in the streets with people or proposing any major legislation that addresses the problems raised by the BLM movement.

And yet they always claim during every election cycle that they are the choice for people of color, even though they were the original party of slavery. It's refreshing to see more blacks and hispanics noticing this and coming over to the Republican side, even though they were taught in school that democrats were on their side and Republicans were their oppressors.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And yet they always claim during every election cycle that they are the choice for people of color, even though they were the original party of slavery. It's refreshing to see more blacks and hispanics noticing this and coming over to the Republican side, even though they were taught in school that democrats were on their side and Republicans were their oppressors.
One of the good things about learning from history....is that it often causes people and groups to change over time. Ideally.

If they learn from history. No one can dispute that democrats have worked hard to reverse their own party's racist history from the 19th century and into the early to mid 20th centuries. It would not be true to claim that today's democrats are more racist than republicans. This evil knows few group boundaries, and seems to show up in all sorts of places, regardless of group.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If Dems should be rejected because they were associated with slavery in olden times, then the USA should be rejected for the same reason.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If Dems should be rejected because they were associated with slavery in olden times, then the USA should be rejected for the same reason.

The reason they should be "rejected" isn't just because of their association of slavery, but also their empty promises of being the cure for the damage originally thought to be from those days. The Party's message is basically, "Sure, we wanted you to remain slaves back then, but now we want you to be free. However, you can't do things on your own and aren't as intelligent as we are, so depend on us for welfare, special privileges based on your skin color, special programs that lower the bar, and we'll use you as props for our campaigns so we can keep giving you special things to make you feel better. Oh yeah, and vote for us. After all, if you don't know who to vote for, you ain't black".

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Possibly true but further investigation required. But what sense would it make to pursue that??? Like already said, she is dead and gone. Her work is done. Going by the limited research I have just done she most likely was on the liberal side of things. She should be replaced with someone who leans the other way in all fairness, IMO. What I said about Bill Cosby in the former post, I stick by, it is just that it is no longer is pertinent to this post. Oh, blasted, now that I have said that I better add it now or I will have a hundred ask me what I said. Well, I thought I could undo my delete to get it but not working, sorry. I made reference to his popularity and stardom after quoting him from one of his comedy skits and added: "the first Black actor to co-star in a leading dramatic role ("I Spy") on network television, as well as the first to earn an Emmy Award. His most successful work, The Cosby Show, appeared on NBC from 1984 to 1992 and was the highest-rated sitcom for several consecutive years." pasted from: https://www.biography.com/performer/bill-cosby

Last edited:
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The reason they should be "rejected" isn't just because of their association of slavery, but also their empty promises of being the cure for the damage originally thought to be from those days. The Party's message is basically, "Sure, we wanted you to remain slaves back then, but now we want you to be free. However, you can't do things on your own and aren't as intelligent as we are, so depend on us for welfare, special privileges based on your skin color, special programs that lower the bar, and we'll use you as props for our campaigns so we can keep giving you special things to make you feel better. Oh yeah, and vote for us. After all, if you don't know who to vote for, you ain't black".
You're sort of changing your tune here. In the post I responded to your big negative for D's was their past association with slavery. Plus I've seen you try to make hay with that before. Now in this latest post you say this old time slavery association is not the issue. So once and for all, which is it?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,708.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Oh, how terrible!!! Yep, that proves w/o a doubt she was racist............ As the famous comedian and actor and author, Bill Cosby, said in his Noah skit, "Right."
(Bill Cosby: "...the first Black actor to co-star in a leading dramatic role ("I Spy") on network television, as well as the first to earn an Emmy Award. His most successful work, The Cosby Show, appeared on NBC from 1984 to 1992 and was the highest-rated sitcom for several consecutive years." pasted from: https://www.biography.com/performer/bill-cosby)
Sounds like a swell guy. What's Bill up to, these days?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
What's that? Elites in the US are predominantly white? Could it be that they reach the highest levels due to privilege?

Not very many have pictures, but you can check out the list of law clerks for the various Justices. Apart from a few East Asian and South Asian names, it looks pretty white.

ETA: I didn't look exhaustively, but I found 4 clerks I identify as black. All 4 clerked for Thurgood Marshall.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And yet they always claim during every election cycle that they are the choice for people of color, even though they were the original party of slavery.
Who are they, please be specific and accurate. I really don't want to go through that whole history lesson again.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Who are they, please be specific and accurate. I really don't want to go through that whole history lesson again.

Well, let's begin with a very recent example in history that shows that "they" haven't changed one bit:

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like a swell guy. What's Bill up to, these days?
It doesn't erase all of the good he has done for humanity for decades. Of course, on another note, all of that good will not get him into heaven, but regardless of where he is now and in spite of all of his futile hard and legendary work, through Jesus, he may still be in heaven with the Lord, rejoicing for all eternity. Praise God for his marvelous grace!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Aldebaran said:
And yet they always claim during every election cycle that they are the choice for people of color, even though they were the original party of slavery.

To which Hank77 posted

Where upon Aldebaran says that they includes Joe Biden claiming to be so much the the choice of people of color that if a person of color doesn't support him without question then that person can no longer consider himself a person of color.

Seems to me to be just the information that the question asked for.

How is that deflecting?

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Aldebaran said:

To which Hank77 posted

Where upon Aldebaran says that they includes Joe Biden claiming to be so much the the choice of people of color that if a person of color doesn't support him without question then that person can no longer consider himself a person of color.

Seems to me to be just the information that the question asked for.

How is that deflecting?
Aldebaran said:
Who is 'they' in 'they were the party of slavery'?

Joe Biden is the original party of slavery? No.
The Dixiecrats are not the party of the Democrats even in 1964 let alone today.

All but one southern state Senator, a Democrat, vote against the 1964 CRA. The Republican voted against it and all the Representatives voted against it.

More Northern Democrats vote for the 1964 CRA than northern Republicans.

Strom Thurmond who voted against it changed his affiliation to Republican because he saw that the Republican party agreed with him. And that's how the south turned Red.

Were Republicans really the party of civil rights in the 1960s? | Harry J Enten

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,708.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It doesn't erase all of the good he has done for humanity for decades. Of course, on another note, all of that good will not get him into heaven, but regardless of where he is now and in spite of all of his futile hard and legendary work, through Jesus, he may still be in heaven with the Lord, rejoicing for all eternity. Praise God for his marvelous grace!!!
Yeah, I know. You drug and rape a couple of women and suddenly everyone forgets how funny you are.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Aldebaran said:
Who is 'they' in 'they were the party of slavery'?

Joe Biden is the original party of slavery?

Since you aren't able to figure it out on your own, I'll give you a link to as much detail as you could possibly need. It should also answer all you future questions: https://assets.ctfassets.net/qnesrj...uth_about_the_democratic_party-transcript.pdf

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, we can use a number of terms to describe her as people from her side would describe anyone they don't like in a similar way. Take your pick:

She was a racist.
She fought for women's rights, but clearly didn't fight for minorities to the point of hiring them.
She showed a lack of diversity in her own workplace.
She favored white people over "those of color".

No matter how it could be said, those on her side of the political isle are clearly uncomfortable with the display on the Supreme Court steps and what it reveals about their former hero in the SCOTUS.
My comment about the worth of the picture as concrete evidence was grounded in:
  • the fact that that photo could have been taken on the anniversary of Martin L. King's death or another African/American event which would have caused their absence for the picture,
  • there were a bunch of black staff still out of sight on their way,
  • there were a bunch of African/American staff at a different location, or more.
It was merely a comment on the apparent conjecture made in the OP. Further evidence was/is clearly begging. I consequentially did a limited research on her and discovered that she was not who I thought she was all about and retracted and rewrote the post of mine you are commenting about. Please go back and read the replacement.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.