• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Ginsberg clerks were nearly all white

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Aldebaran, Sep 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+7,227
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Over 100 of Ruth Bader Ginsberg's former clerks stood as an army at attention as her coffin was brought up the steps. It's rather telling that the people she hired to be her clerks don't really include any people "of color". It's the elephant in the room (or in this case, the elephant on the steps of the Supreme Court) that not many are talking about.

636492985840432196-AFP-549142739-79807892.jpg

Even this story from 2 and a half years ago indicates that this was known. But even today, with racial tensions at a breaking point, Ruth Bader Ginsberg is still a hero of the Left.
    Supreme Court clerks are mostly white and male. Just like 20 years ago.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. RushMAN

RushMAN Well-Known Member Supporter

+650
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    Yep, of course. If it was one of the good people the left would have a cow

3. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+7,227
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I think they've already produced an entire dairy farm of those, along with the byproducts they produce.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+7,227
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2020
  5. RushMAN

RushMAN Well-Known Member Supporter

+650
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    How would all like to write on what good things she's done. That is my law assignment for paralegal studies :(

6. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+7,227
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Tell your professor that it's a biased assignment that goes against your principles. Can you imagine a professor requiring their class to write on all the good things Trump has done? Such an assignment would never be required. If it was, there would be backlash against the school.

7. Halbhh

Halbhh Everything You say is Life to me Supporter

+6,371
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    A Supreme Court Justice can employ 4 clerks.

To become a Supreme Court clerk is a pretty high honor for any law graduate, and in order to get there you first have to go to a high quality law school....

Let's look at some numbers then.

Not that easy to find, but first I found this from 2014 == But I think this is getting late : to first work 4 years through law school, then finally graduate, and finally replace an older clerk during Ginsberg's term of office.

2014 (kinda late for this question, though perhaps a good guide for very recent clerkships) --

Below is a list of the top 15 law schools ranked by their percentage of Black enrollments. Data is reported by the law schools to the American Bar Association.
    [​IMG]
    Ranking the Top Law Schools by Their Percentage of Black Students

If you have 4 clerks....then for your clerks to perfectly represent law school enrollment by race, then....well, they might all be white.

Also, what about earlier years like 2000 or so?

Anybody care to find out numbers from earlier, like about 2000 or 2005, when it would not be so late?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  8. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+6,715
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Left person here. Where's my cow??? I want a cow, like now!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+16,545
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    I do not belong to the Left! I do not belong to the Right! I belong to the people!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+6,715
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Im not ultra left. But in todays environment the moderate middle of old looks pretty darn lefty.

For instance I'm against racial quotas for admissions, hiring, etc. But I'm very in favor of other action that I think would have similar results.

11. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+16,545
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Many people on the edges simply live on an all-or-nothing diet with their politics.

12. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+9,154
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Hypocrisy only goes one way. Not a two way street at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+6,715
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Totally. We see a lot of that around here.

14. Halbhh

+6,371
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The truth of it is even more funny.

Everyone is definitely both 'left' and 'right'. lol!

heh heh...I'm not even sure if that is offensive to anyone. But it's so.

15. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+12,568
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I found this article. It takes into account all law schools between 1993-2008, maybe it gives a little insight.

The study, whose findings are detailed at the website A Disturbing Trend in Law School Diversity, found a 7.5 percent drop in the percentage representation of blacks in the entering class of 2008 compared to 1993, with an 11.7 percent decline in Chicanos during that period. The fall-off occurred even though the number of applicants held relatively constant and average undergraduate grade-point averages and LSAT scores improved over the 15-year period.
    African-American and Mexican-American Enrollment at U.S. Law Schools Continues to Drop, Study Finds

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  16. Tom 1

Tom 1 Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+10,425
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    I can do you one cheap...

17. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+4,708
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I definitely noticed it. White supremacy wouldn’t exist if both parties didn’t participate. Younger dems are changing that but the old guard for the most part is protecting their privilege. You don’t see Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer in the streets with people or proposing any major legislation that addresses the problems raised by the BLM movement.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+4,708
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Wow. That explains a lot.

19. Halbhh

+6,371
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I happened to see a graphic where a smaller and smaller percentage were able to afford to go without serious financial aid (all students as a whole). Further back in time more attended without aid (all students as a whole).

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+10,894
    United States
    Married
    Don’t sugarcoat it; tell us more about the dead Jew…

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.