Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Over 100 of Ruth Bader Ginsberg's former clerks stood as an army at attention as her coffin was brought up the steps. It's rather telling that the people she hired to be her clerks don't really include any people "of color". It's the elephant in the room (or in this case, the elephant on the steps of the Supreme Court) that not many are talking about.

636492985840432196-AFP-549142739-79807892.jpg

Even this story from 2 and a half years ago indicates that this was known. But even today, with racial tensions at a breaking point, Ruth Bader Ginsberg is still a hero of the Left.
Supreme Court clerks are mostly white and male. Just like 20 years ago.

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure they'll just shrug it off with, "You're attacking a dead woman! Why not let her rest in peace?"

Yep, of course. If it was one of the good people the left would have a cow

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yep, of course. If it was one of the good people the left would have a cow

I think they've already produced an entire dairy farm of those, along with the byproducts they produce.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Winner
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How would all like to write on what good things she's done. That is my law assignment for paralegal studies :(

Tell your professor that it's a biased assignment that goes against your principles. Can you imagine a professor requiring their class to write on all the good things Trump has done? Such an assignment would never be required. If it was, there would be backlash against the school.

Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A Supreme Court Justice can employ 4 clerks.

To become a Supreme Court clerk is a pretty high honor for any law graduate, and in order to get there you first have to go to a high quality law school....

Let's look at some numbers then.

Not that easy to find, but first I found this from 2014 == But I think this is getting late : to first work 4 years through law school, then finally graduate, and finally replace an older clerk during Ginsberg's term of office.

2014 (kinda late for this question, though perhaps a good guide for very recent clerkships) --

Below is a list of the top 15 law schools ranked by their percentage of Black enrollments. Data is reported by the law schools to the American Bar Association.
Untitled-copy.jpg

Ranking the Top Law Schools by Their Percentage of Black Students

If you have 4 clerks....then for your clerks to perfectly represent law school enrollment by race, then....well, they might all be white.

Also, what about earlier years like 2000 or so?

Anybody care to find out numbers from earlier, like about 2000 or 2005, when it would not be so late?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Left person here. Where's my cow??? I want a cow, like now!
I do not belong to the Left! I do not belong to the Right! I belong to the people!

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I do not belong to the Left! I do not belong to the Right! I belong to the people!
Im not ultra left. But in todays environment the moderate middle of old looks pretty darn lefty.

For instance I'm against racial quotas for admissions, hiring, etc. But I'm very in favor of other action that I think would have similar results.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Im not ultra left. But in todays environment the moderate middle of old looks pretty darn lefty.

For instance I'm against racial quotas for admissions, hiring, etc. But I'm very in favor of other action that I think would have similar results, I think.
Many people on the edges simply live on an all-or-nothing diet with their politics.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Over 100 of Ruth Bader Ginsberg's former clerks stood as an army at attention as her coffin was brought up the steps. It's rather telling that the people she hired to be her clerks don't really include any people "of color". It's the elephant in the room (or in this case, the elephant on the steps of the Supreme Court) that not many are talking about.

View attachment 285097

Even this story from 2 and a half years ago indicates that this was known. But even today, with racial tensions at a breaking point, Ruth Bader Ginsberg is still a hero of the Left.
Hypocrisy only goes one way. Not a two way street at all.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The truth of it is even more funny.

Everyone is definitely both 'left' and 'right'. lol!

heh heh...I'm not even sure if that is offensive to anyone. But it's so.

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

To become a Supreme Court clerk is a pretty high honor for any law graduate, and in order to get there you first have to go to a high quality law school....

Not that easy to find, but first I found this from 2014 == But I think this is getting late : to first work 4 years through law school, then finally graduate, and finally replace an older clerk during Ginsberg's term of office.

2014 (kinda late for this question, though perhaps a good guide for very recent clerkships) --

Below is a list of the top 15 law schools ranked by their percentage of Black enrollments. Data is reported by the law schools to the American Bar Association.
Untitled-copy.jpg

If you have 4 clerks....then for your clerks to perfectly represent law school enrollment by race, then....well, they might all be white.

Anybody care to find out numbers from earlier, like about 2000 or 2005, when it would not be so late?
I found this article. It takes into account all law schools between 1993-2008, maybe it gives a little insight.

The study, whose findings are detailed at the website A Disturbing Trend in Law School Diversity, found a 7.5 percent drop in the percentage representation of blacks in the entering class of 2008 compared to 1993, with an 11.7 percent decline in Chicanos during that period. The fall-off occurred even though the number of applicants held relatively constant and average undergraduate grade-point averages and LSAT scores improved over the 15-year period.
African-American and Mexican-American Enrollment at U.S. Law Schools Continues to Drop, Study Finds

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

View attachment 285097

I definitely noticed it. White supremacy wouldn’t exist if both parties didn’t participate. Younger dems are changing that but the old guard for the most part is protecting their privilege. You don’t see Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer in the streets with people or proposing any major legislation that addresses the problems raised by the BLM movement.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Untitled-copy.jpg

Wow. That explains a lot.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I found this article. It takes into account all law schools between 1993-2008, maybe it gives a little insight.

The study, whose findings are detailed at the website A Disturbing Trend in Law School Diversity, found a 7.5 percent drop in the percentage representation of blacks in the entering class of 2008 compared to 1993, with an 11.7 percent decline in Chicanos during that period. The fall-off occurred even though the number of applicants held relatively constant and average undergraduate grade-point averages and LSAT scores improved over the 15-year period.
African-American and Mexican-American Enrollment at U.S. Law Schools Continues to Drop, Study Finds
I happened to see a graphic where a smaller and smaller percentage were able to afford to go without serious financial aid (all students as a whole). Further back in time more attended without aid (all students as a whole).

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.