New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd love see insight into gift givers. My husband is one, my former stepmom was one, and a recent coworker who gave me very generous items even though I know she does not make much money is one. These people fascinate me. They aren't all believers the last time I checked either.

I'm always floored when I get generous gifts because I personally am more comfortable with dollar stores and thrift stores for many of my own items much less items for other people.

They obviously get joy in giving. The hubby and I give to the Lord regularly both tithes and offerings and we are content there. This is something different.

Even as a single airman back in the day, I bought cheaply. I don't want to be miserly with gift giving though. That said I will splurge on food for others, but when it comes to material gifts, I fall flat.

Seriously, my parting gifts from one of my recent coworkers humbled me ever so much. Feeling a bit deficient and trying not to stress it but...wow. People will amaze you. Praying for her salvation is a start on paying her back I guess. Or looking for an opening to get explicit with the gospel. Can't get richer than Christ. I really didn't know she liked me do much.

Sorry about the soap box. Feeling humbled and intrigued here. And I hate the thought of disappointing people with cheap gifts. :doh::crossrc:

Last edited: