Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Tomorrow I will be vaccinated for COVID. I especially would pray about it because I know the theories of the COVID vaccine and it being very controversial. I just pray that it doesn't induce overly negative or ill physical (or psysiological) side-effects on me at anytime after I get it. I know that certain fields can't be easy to trust anymore, and people still have some good reasons to be skeptics.

SigurdReginson

Aug 4, 2020
PNW
✟45,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
So, I had my first injection already, and I will be getting my second one soon. When I got my first injection, I had a big red rash around the injection site. Thankfully, I work in a hospital with nurses there who were administering the vaccine, so I learned from them that this was very common (especially for the moderna vaccine). Just take some benedryl or zyrtec and it should go away if you happen to get that side effect. Also, your arm may hurt for a day or two after the shot (I was not a happy camper for 48 hours).

I go in for my second shot on the 11th. From what I understand, it's also common to get flu like symptoms for a couple days after the second injection.

I just wanna get it over with. I work on the floor where we keep all of our covid patients (in the ICU), so the sooner I get my shots, the better. I haven't gotten it yet, but I don't want to risk getting it either. Quite a few of my coworkers have gotten it- it's no joke. The european variant is going to be much worse once it takes root here in the US. I hope we are able to get most of our people in the US vaccinated before it does. The current vaccines we have here seem to be effective against it.

Upvote 0